Ch. 4

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Jungkook an I stood in front of the large oak door, I could feel the knot twisting in my gut, his hand reached up to rack his knuckles on the door with three solid knocks. "Come in." A voice from inside called, an I recognized it instantly making my blood run cold.

When I didn't reach for the doorknob, Jungkook decided to, giving me an annoyed glance. His other hand pressing into the lower half of my back, pushing me forward into the room. I stumbled forward, my heart racing, I could feel it slamming into my ribcage as I glanced up and made eye contact with Taehyung. "Well look whose showered and changed their clothes. Black suits you." Taehyung said with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

The walls of the room had been painted the same color brown as the room I was in, but in the middle of the room sat a large dark cherry desk, Taehyung sat behind it, hands folded on the top, there were a few folding chairs set up on either side of the room. It seemed like he didn't like to decorate anything but the hallways, every room I'd been in so far had empty walls.

Jungkook nudged me with his elbow to take one of the many empty seats. I could feel Taehyung's eyes on me, watching every little movement I made. "So. When do I get to stop being a prisoner?" I blurted out without really thinking.

Taehyung raised both eyebrows in surprise. "Well, she just comes out and says doesn't she?" He asked Jungkook, who in turn gave me a wide eyed look. Lowering his brows, he leaned over on the desk this time starring me in the eyes through his long lashes. "When you can prove to me that you won't bolt the moment the opportunity hits?" He asked cocking his head to the side. 

"How am I supposed to 'Prove Myself'" I air quoted. "If you won't let me leave the room? Seems like a contradiction to me." I crossed my arms over my chest starring at him back. No matter how terrifying he may be, I couldn't let him see it. 

If you weren't starring him in the eye, you wouldn't have noticed the small twitch of his right eye. His brown orbs looking more black pits. "Jungkook. Leave us." His voice came out low and even. 

Jungkook gave a short nod an stood up. "If you need anything boss. I'll be right outside." He replied before walking out, the door clicking shut behind him.

Taehyung stood up himself, ing the middle button holding his suit jacket closed. He rounded the desk, scratching his ear until he settled on the corner. "I have a way for you to prove it to me." He paused, letting me run through scenarios in my head, a smile on his face like he could see the gears moving in my head. "I have someone that needs some lets call it. Encouragement. For paying me back. If you can do this. I'll consider letting you have free range of the house."

I swallowed the lump that was stuck in my throat. "And what do you mean by encouragement?" I asked, feeling like I was going to regret asking.

"I can't tell you any other information unless you accept it." He replied shortly.

"How am I supposed to agree to something that I don't know?" I asked again.

He shrugged a shoulder. "I guess you'll have to use that intelligent brain you've got there." He answered with a smug smile on his face. "So what will it be?"

I closed my eyes, took a shaky breath. If I wanted out of here, I was gonna have to do what I had to do.. "Okay.... I'll do it."

His smile widened. "

Please log in to read the full chapter