Ch. 29

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

A knock at the door jolted me from my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly, the bright lights had been turned down to a dull dim light. Jungkook sat in the chair beside the bed. His head resting in the palm of his head. He had dark circles under his eyes showing his lack of sleep, his thick pink lips slightly parted as the faint sound of his breathing could be heard.

The door opened, Jimin stepped inside, Taehyung following close behind him. "Hey. We didn't wake you did we?" Jimin asked quietly, taking note of the passed out Jungkook.

I gave them a small smile when they approached the right side of the bed, I turned over so I could see them easier instead of keeping my head turned. Taehyung had his jacket draped over one side of his shoulder while his other arm was through the sleeve. "What happened?" I asked.

Taehyung smiled warily. "It's nothing. I'm fine." He replied. Pushing his hand further under his jacket to hide it.

I looked over at Jimin who rolled his eyes. "He got pissed off and punched the wall." He answered for him.

Taehyung looked down at the ground. "Why would you punch a wall? That's just stupid." I shook my head at him.

"Yeah well. It was either that or I punch Jimin in the face... So really, I feel like I should get a medal or something." He crossed his arms over his chest. He was pouting, like a child who just got in trouble.

I closed my eye and took a deep breath. "Well. I also don't think we should be handing medals out for NOT punching someone. It should be a given."

Taehyung opened his mouth to protest. "But... In my line of work. Punching someone is a good thing." Jesus, what was I supposed to do with that? "Jaesuk wanted me to give you this." Taehyung said, changing the subject, ing a bag my way.

"What is it?" I asked. Taking the bag from him, opening it up seeing a black box inside.

"He made dinner. He wanted you to know he misses an is worried about you. I guess he doesn't think they are feeding you correctly in here." He answered.

I lifted the box out of the bag, opened the lid, immediately greeted my the amazing smell. White rice, cut up pieces of marinated beef, and steamed vegetables, on the side sat a small cake like dessert that he knew I loved. I couldn't help smiling, feeling an overwhelming wave of gratitude wash over me. I felt tears sting my eyes. "Tell him thank you." I sniffled. I missed Jaesuk and his cooking so much.

I felt Taehyungs large hand rest on the top of my head. "Don't cry. When you come home we will have an entire feast in your honor." He gave me a soft smile, his eyes sparkling. 

I used the back of my hand to rub my nose, sniffling again. "I will have some new clothes for you too." Jimin added, his smile beamed. He glanced up at Jungkook. "I should probably wake him up and make him come home." 

I looked over at Jungkook myself. "I agree, he needs to sleep in an actual bed instead of that chair." I answered.

Jimin rounded the bed, over to Jungkook. He rested his hand on his shoulder and gently shook him. Hey, Jungkook, wake up. I'm going

Please log in to read the full chapter