Ch. 12

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG

I pulled at the collar of the dress shirt I was wearing, the tie suddenly feeling too tight as I stood in a sea of people, everyone in black and white, everyone with champagne glasses in their hands, smiles plastered on their faces as they talked among themselves. I hated being at these things, but it always supplied more clients, if you pick the right people. "Is that Kim Taehyung I see?" I turned my head in the direction of my name being called. Mrs. Lee if I was correct, wearing a black dress that was a little too revealing in my opinion. But I understood why. The necklace that hung around her neck was worth thousands, she wanted all eyes on it, that and her cleavage.

I forced a smile on my lips, bowing slightly. "Hello. How are you this evening? Enjoying yourself?" I asked, bringing my glass to my lips and taking a drink, I would need another soon if I was to keep talking to her, she never stopped gossiping.

"Oh yes I'm quite alright." She answered. "My husband is over with your father and his friends, probably talking business as usual." She rolled her eyes annoyed.

"I see." I replied, not sure else what to say.

"How about you? How are you doing?" She asked. 

I cleared my throat. "I'm fine. Keeping myself busy."

"What about a girl? Have you met anyone ?" She asked, I could feel her eyes on me,I knew that question was coming.

"Uh, no. Not in particular. I did hire a female partner though." I lied. "She should be here tonight."

"Shame, a young man as handsome as you are, you'd think you would have women all over you, I wish I had a daughter for you, I do have girlfriends that have daughters if you're interested." She wiggled her brows at me, a smile on her face.

"I have a business to run, I'm not ready to settle down yet." I answered, tipping my glass back emptying it's contents. Where was Jungkook and Nari? They should have been here already, what was taking them? I wondered.

"You really should let me set you up on a date with at least one of them, what will it hurt?"  She offered.

The sounds of people gasping grabbed my attention, I turned to see what everyone had been starring at. A woman dressed in a soft bluish gray sleeveless mermaid style dress that hugged her every curve, with what looked like diamonds under this lighting all down to her hips. From the thigh down the silky fabric flowed out around her, She looked like a princess straight out of a movie. Judging by everyone's reaction, they thought so too.

She glanced up at Jungkook who was standing a few steps in front of her, his head craned backwards like he was talking to her.

"Is that Jeon Jungkooks girlfriend? She's absolutely stunning!" Mrs. Lee exclaimed. "Though showing up with that kind of dress is just asking for attention, didn't she know it was black and white?"

My eyes were glued to her. No, it's not that she wanted the attention, she would never had picked out something like that herself. No. This had to be Jimins doing. My eyes scanned the room looking for the culprit who was currently standing against the far wall with a wide smirk across his lips as he stared back at me giving me a little wave, "No, she isn't Jungkooks girlfriend. She's a business associate of mine. Would you like me to introduce you?"

"Absolutely." The woman said with a happy tone.

NARI

"Jungkook, I don't know if I feel comfortable with this..." I whined quietly. "Everyone is starring at me, an I stick out like a sore thumb." The moment Jungkook had opened the double doors an I saw everyone's attention fall on me, I felt even more nervous than I had minutes earlier. Everyone was in black or white... I was in a off blue. I had gone over what Jungkook had told me on our way over here. No one was supposed to k

Please log in to read the full chapter