Ch. 38

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sat on the barstool at the counter, swinging my legs back and forth as I chewed the piece of toast in my mouth. "You look happy. Sleep well I'm guessing?" Jaesuk said, eyeing me with a smile.

"I actually did." I answered, tearing off a piece of the toast, letting Chul eat it from my hand. "Which is a little surprising seeing how crazy yesterday was." I closed my eyes, groaning inwardly. During my nice sleep I had forgotten completely just how much of a mess yesterday really was.

Jaesuk leaned over, tipping the coffee pot, filling up my mug. "That's probably why you slept like you did. Stress usually wears the body down." He said as he replaced the coffee pot. 

I shrugged a shoulder, taking a drink of my coffee. "I guess that's true." I set the cup back down, moving on to the over-medium cooked eggs.

"Have any plans for today?" He asked, finishing up his cooking, putting the food on the plates before setting the dirty pans in the sink.

"Well, I think I'm going back to running errands for Taehyung." I scooped a fork full of egg into my mouth.

Jaesuk shook his head. "I don't see why you want to do that kind of stuff." He let out a sigh. "You have other stuff you could be doing with your life."

I stared down at my plate. "It's not so much that I want too, but you have to understand, I do have a fairly large debt my father acquired.."

Jaesuk leaned over on the counter on his forearms. "Nari, listen to me. Taehyung is madly in love with you, I don't really think he cares about that money anymore." He explained.

"We both know he cares about that money." I finished cleaning off my plate and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nari, are you down here?" A voice called from the foyer by the front door.

Chul went running, his little high pitch barks ringing throughout the kitchen as his legs struggled to keep up with the rest of him. "I'm in the kitchen!" I called back, slipping off the stool, carrying my plate to the sink to rinse it off.

Jimin walked into the kitchen, Chul wrapped in his arms as his nose snuggled against his as he spoke in inaudible baby talk. Only stopping when he saw the way we were looking at him. "What... I love puppies." He said with a blank look on his face.

I bit down on my lips to hold back the giggle that tried to come out as I looked at his puppy dog face. "You and Chul look a lot alike, are you two related?" I asked.

With this, a loud echo of laughter came from Jaesuk, he sat doubled over, his arm resting on the counter. Jimin looked over at him. "Wh

Please log in to read the full chapter