Ch. 36

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I paced outside on the balcony with bare feet. The sun had fully set, the moon taking its place high in the sky, lights from houses and businesses shining brightly against the darkened sky. 

My mind reeled from the events that happened earlier today. It had felt like I had been hovering over my own body, unable to do anything, unable to say anything but words still came from my mouth. It was like I had lost control over my own body.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out a little neon green lighter, flicked it until the flame came to life, dancing in the wind, threatening to go out. I lit the end of the cigarette in my mouth and took a deep breathe in, letting the smoke sink into my lungs before breathing it out into a cloud.

I walked over to the railing. Resting my forearms on it as I scanned my eyes over what I could see of the city. Why did I continue to make bad decisions? When would I learn? I groaned, rubbing the middle of my forehead with two fingers, feeling the oncoming of a migraine. I ashed the cigarette, watching as it disappeared with the wind.

I heard the sliding glass door open then close. "Hey. Nari?" A soft voice called. I turned around, Jimin stood by the door.

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked, blowing out a lung full of smoke.

Jimn approached me slowly, his footsteps almost silent, his fingers wrapped around the railing as he looked out at the scenery. "Is everything alright?" He asked without looking at me. I stayed silent, honestly thinking about his question, Was I alright? Was everything fine? "If you need to talk about something, I'm here to listen, an I'll keep whatever it is to myself, if that's what you want."

I tapped my index finger nail against the metal railing listening to the cling cling cling sound. "I-I'm not really sure." I replied, looking down at my nervously moving finger.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice still calm and gentle. He turned his back to the railing so he could look at me easier.

"I felt something in me snap today." I answered.

"I heard a little about it from Jungkook, but in your defense, she deserved a lot more than what she got." He nodded his head.

I closed my eyes an shook my head. "No. Jimin, you don't understand. Even I scared me. It's just, When I saw her at the party before it hurt but I could hold my head up high and brush it off. But today..." I covered my face with my hands. "Today was different. I actually felt like if I had something capable of it, I probably would have hurt her. And it didn't even bother me." I forced back the tears that threatened to surface. "I'm turning into a monster, Jimin."

A moment later, I felt Jimin's arms wrap around me, pulling me tight against his chest, he rested his chin on the top of my head so I couldn't move. His Lavender scent filling my senses. "Nari, you listen to me. You are not a monster." He ran a hand from the top of my head down to my back and repeated. "I never knew either of my parents, I

Please log in to read the full chapter