Ch. 59

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I walked into the kitchen where I saw Jungkook leaning on the table, his weight resting on his elbows. "Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I sat down in one of the empty chairs. When he didn't answer, I gently nudged him with my hand. "Jungkook?" I leaned over so I could see his face, his eyes were shut, his mouth slightly open and the sound of heavy breathing came from him. He had fallen asleep.

I gently pushed his hair back, my eyes scanning over his strikingly handsome features. I nudged him again. "Hey. Hey.. Jungkook. You gotta wake up." 

Suddenly he jolted up. His eyes open, he looked around quickly before settling his eyes on me. "Nari." He said softly. His voice sounded exhausted, dark bags were starting to form under his eyes. "What's up?" He asked.

"I could ask you the same thing. You fell asleep." I replied. "Is everything okay?" I asked, using the back of my hand to press against his forehead. "I think you're running a bit of a fever."

He shook his head. "No. No. I'm fine." He protested, pushing my hand away. "I'm just a litte tired." 

I let out a sigh an stood up. "Then if you're tired let's get you back up to bed." I tried pulling him up, but even in this state he was incredibly strong. 

"Good morning - what's going on in here ?" I turned Seokjin entering the kitchen already dressed. 

"Jungkook isn't feeling well and refuses to go back to bed." I answered, trying and failing once again. 

Seokjin walked over to me. "Here. Let me help." He said bending over, wrapping Jungkooks arm around his neck amd held him up with ease. "Will you show me where his room is please." He said over Jungkooks constant protesting.

I nodded an started walking toward Jungkooks room, making sure to take it slow enough for Seokjin to keep up. "Here it is." I said as I turned the knob an opened the door wide enough for him to get through and followed him inside. The room was still for the most part bare except for the clothes hanging up in the closet an a few things like watches spread out on the long, low sitting wooden dresser. 

Seokjin laid Jungkook down on the bed, pulling the thick brown comforter over Jungkooks body. "I'm going to go ask Jaesuk if he can make some soup for him. I'll be right back." He said before quickly leaving the room.

I went over to the bed an sat down, feeling it sink under my weight. I looked over at Jungkook who had his eyes closed, sweat beading at his brow. "Ugh. Jungkook, I wish you wouldn't push yourself so hard. I don't like seeing you this way." I paused, studying his peaceful face. "I should probably let you sleep. I have a few things to do anyway." I added quietly as I stood up.

Jungkooks hand wrapped around my wrist, keeping me from leaving. I turned, Jungkook had one eye open looking straight at me. "Don't leave me.. Please." His voice was deep and full of exhaustion. He pulled me back down so I crashed down against his body. 

"But-"

"Sh sh. Just lay

Please log in to read the full chapter