Ch. 74

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Rise and shine." A slap against my cheek forced my eyes open. "There we go. How did you sleep?" Minhyun asked, taking a seat in front of me.

I glared down at him, running my tongue over my gums, a copper taste filled my mouth. My entire body ached, an I was pretty sure both my arms were now broken. "What? Not gonna answer me?" He asked and shrugged a shoulder. "Doesn't matter to me, I figured you'd wanna hear about the conversation I had with Taehyung."

 

My eyes rounded, Minhyun had my entire attention now. "W-what did he say?" I asked.

 

Minhyun popped a piece of candy in his mouth. "Well. You'll be happy to know, it seems like you won't be sold to Mr. Choi. Taehyung an I have an agreement." He answered.

 

"What kind of agreement?!" I demanded. "What are you making him do?!" I pulled on the chains with what energy I had left.

 

Minhyun leaned forward, resting his elbows on the arms of the chair. "Kitten. I'm not making him do anything. He's the one that called me late last night. Just be happy that you aren't being sold, that's what you wanted right ?"

 

I clenched my jaw, my hands balling into fists. "Call him back. Tell him no. Tell him there is no agreement!" I ordered.

 

Minhyun quickly stood up, grabbing a hold of my face, his fingers digging into my cheeks. "You are not in any position to demand anything. Look where you are right now little girl!" His face came closer to mine. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Would you rather be sold? Is that it?" He asked.

 

"I'll do whatever I have too." I answered.

 

Minhyun chuckled. "Always trying to be the savoir aren't you? Well I have some advice for you, start looking out for yourself, it's only a matter of time before Taehyung and that Jungkook get tired of saving your all the time. You make horrible horrible decisions. We probably would have let Jungkook go after a few more days. He wasn't giving us anything helpful anyway. But you." He shook his finger at me. "I knew we should have gone after you first. Taehyung couldn't resist you for some reason. Plus you're a hard little Kitten to kill, they say cats have 9 lives." 

 

I spit on his face without realizing what I was doing. "You're a miserable piece of . What's wrong? Mommy and Daddy didn't love you enough?" I asked, I had surpassed anger. I could feel my blood boiling.

 

He wiped off his cheek and struck me hard across the face, the taste of blood filling my mouth. "You are such an infuriating woman." He pinched the bridge of his nose and took a long deep breath. "I've got a few things to do. I'll be back to check on you later."

 

He walked away from me, leaving the room and shutting the light off, sending me into compete darkness.



 

JUNGKOOK POV

I chewed on my thumb nail as I bounced my knee anxiously, time seemed to be going by so slowly, Taehyung had set up the meeting the other night like we discussed, and today was the day, I had already sent Hoseok all the information that I had, he would have a swat team on sight just in case something went wrong.

 

"Hey. Everything will be okay." Seokjin said, sitting beside me on the couch, patting me on the back. "I know we didn't work together much or talk. But I just want you to know that everything will work out. Nari will be fine and so will Taehyung."

 

I ran a shaky hand through my hair, pushing it back off my forehead. "I really hope so. There is so much that could go so so wrong. I haven't been able to sleep, my mind has been going wild." I answered and let out a sigh. "I can't wait for all this to be over so I can finally sleep again. Everything has been so stressful."

 

"I can only imagine. I keep blaming myself for what happened. I really didn't want her to be alone that day, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I forced it down because she wanted to be alone. I should have stood inside the Hotel and watched her. Or should have ignored her and sat with her instead." He looked down at the palms of his hands, a look of defeat on his face.

 

"It's not your fault Seokjin. Nari is a frustratingly independent woman. No matter what you did she would have gotten her way in the end, you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. How were you supposed to know something would happen?" I asked, trying to make him feel better.

 

He shook his head, his shoulders shaking under my hand. "I was supposed to be there to protect her. Taehyung hired me as her bodyguard and I couldn't even do that right. What use am I re

Please log in to read the full chapter