Ch. 30

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good morning Nari, how are you feeling today?" Yoongi asked, taking his stethoscope off from around his neck. "Good morning Taehyung." He nodded his head in Taehyung's direction, who was sitting in the chair sideways, his legs dangling over the side, Taehyung lifted his hand in a hello, his eye's not leaving the TV screen that was currently playing the news.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position, my arms shaking from the pain in my gut. "I feel better than I did a couple days ago. My stomach still hurts." I answered, pushing my unwashed hair back.

He put the ear pieces in his ears, let out a deep breath of warm air on the diaphragm before putting it inside my hospital gown against my chest. "Deep breath." He paused, moving it to another place. "Deep breath." He repeated, moving it to my back, his cold fingers grazing my bare skin. "One last breath."

He straightened up, replacing the stethoscope around his neck, his hands going into the pockets of his white coat. "Everything sounds good, and you will still feel a little discomfort, it's to be expected. If you feel well enough and can walk without any kind of issues then you are free to go home today." He said.

This seemed to grab Taehyung's attention, he shut off the TV an sat upright in the chair. "She can go home today?" He asked.

Yoongi nodded his head. "Like I said, if she can walk without issue, I don't see why not, I will definitely be sending her home with pain medication, but she doesn't need to stay any longer than she needs too." He answered him. He turned his attention back to me. "I wanna take a look at your eye an see how it's doing. Taehyung, could you shut off the light for me, I don't want the bright lights to irritate her eye."

"Sure." Taehyung stood up, shuffled his feet across the floor to the light switch.

Yoongi removed the eye patch that covered my eye, I found it a little difficult to open my eye at first, but after a few minutes it stayed open. Yoongi leaned himself over to my eye level. "It looks really well, there doesn't seem to be any damage done to your actual eye. Which is a really good sign." He studied my face. "How does it feel?" He asked.

I blinked my eye a few more times, slowly. "My lower eye." I pointed to my waterline. "Is a little sore when I blink."

"I'll give you some ointment to put on it so it will heal quicker. The painkillers will help with the pain you're having, but if you would like, you can keep wearing the eye patch, you just need to take it off every now an again, but keep it on while you sleep." He explained. "But other than that, it looks like it's going to heal very nicely."

"Really?" I asked, not able to hide the excitement in my voice. "I won't have a hideous scar?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I mean there will be a little bit of scarring but it wouldn't be something I would get surgery for. Like Jungkook said, you'll look like a complete bad ." He gave me a reassuring grin.

A small disappointed sigh left my lips. I looked down at my hands, picking at my nails. I felt a hand on the top of my head, fingers rubbing my scalp. I looked up, Taehyung smiling down at me. "I don't think you need surgery, but if it would make you happy then I will pay for it." He crouched down, his uncasted hand interlocking with mine. 

I felt myself melt a little bit at his touch. I tucked my hair behind my ear with my free hand. "Could you help me up Taehyung?" I asked. "I want to try walking."

"Absolutely." He smiled, his bright white teeth showing, he stood back up. Holding out both his hands.

Please log in to read the full chapter