Ch. 14

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dressed in my now normal black attire I sat across in the back seat along with Taehyung as Jungkook drove us to our destination. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Taehyung's knee bouncing, biting at his nails nervously. "Is everything alright?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound concerned.

"Hmm? What? Oh yeah I'm fine." He rambled, waving his free hand in the air dismissively, his focus never leaving the window.

I raised my brows and turned my attention back forward, Jungkook's eyes catching mine in the rearview mirror, quickly glancing at Taehyung's reflection, back at me before settling back on the road in front of him.

 We were to have a meeting with Taehyung's father, I was to attend since I wasn't able to meet him at the party, I'm sure I should have been more nervous than I was, but I was learning how to numb myself to these things.

I reached out, my hand resting on his left knee and looked him in the eye. "Taehyung. If you're worried about something then you can tell me, I'm here to listen to you." I reassured him with a smile.

He turned his head from where it rested on his hand as he had been looking out the window to look at where my hand rested before looking over at me. "Truth be told. My father makes me a little nervous. He makes me feel small an unimportant." He replied.

I squeezed his knee lightly. "You shouldn't feel nervous at all, for one, Jungkook an I will be there the entire time. And two, you're a powerful man Taehyung, if anyone should be nervous it should be him." I lied, boosting his ego a little bit. "And have I mentioned that you're also very handsome." I added.

A warm smile swept across Taehyung's face, his eyes seemed to smile as well, no longer were they dark and dead like they had usually been. "You're right! He should be nervous around me. I'm the one that will be taking over the whole empire when he falls. Everyone will come to me, I will be untouchable!" His voice raised as he got more and more excited. He reached into his jacket and pulled out the small cross necklace, unscrewed the top which had a small spoon like thing on the end and white powder on the inside. Closing one nostril he held the spoon to his open one an snorted. "Here." He put the top back on it before handing it off to me and rubbing his finger on his nose to clean off the excess powder.

I gathered a very small amount onto the spoon and copied Taehyung's movements, handing it back over to him when I had finished with it, moments later I felt the wave hit me, I felt light and... Good. "We will be there in just a few minutes." Jungk

Please log in to read the full chapter