Ch. 15

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stared down at the blood covering my hands. I dropped the gun with a click against the wooden floor quickly wiping the blood off on my pants, trying not to look at the man that was now slouched down in the chair as I bent down to pick the gun back up to replace it in my waistband. I had to go back in there before Taehyung's father sent someone in here to check on me, I had to keep up my appearance so I didn't end up like this guy.

I stood back up and took deep breaths trying to get myself under control before I left the room and back into where Taehyung, his father, and Jungkook sat waiting for me.

When I opened the door, I saw Jungkook's back straighten as he looked at me. "It's done." I said staring Taehyung's father in the eye, showing no emotion.

Taehyung's father smiled wide. His hands coming together to clap. "Good good, better than I thought, it's really no questions asked, I like that, good choice Taehyung. Better than you when you first started." He looked over at Taehyung as he said the last part.

Taehyung dipped his head. "Thank you father." He replied, his head still bowed. Seeing him like this reminded me of an abused puppy trying to please it's unhappy master. I softened a little at this, I kind of felt sorry for Taehyung, how bad had his childhood been? Surely it didn't excuse what he's done but I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around him in a comforting hug and tell him everything was alright.

"Well, Nari, I'm very satisfied with how this meeting turned out, I wish I had more time to spare but I have a few things of my own to take care of, next time we meet we should go get a drink." His father stood buttoning his suit jacket.

Taehyung and Jungkook stood as well. "Yes we will." Taehyung spoke.

"Jungkook, always a pleasure even though you never talk very much." He chuckled patting Jungkook on the back roughly as he walked past him, his hand reached up and knocked a single time and the doors opened for him. "I'll be leaving first."

All three of us let out a long sigh at the same time as the tension lifted from the air. "Are you ready to go?" Jungkook asked looking back and forth between us.

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah. Let's go." He replied his hands in his pockets.

Just as Jungkook was walking out the door, I reached up grabbing ahold of Taehyung's jacket sleeve. "Tae?"

 He turned to look down at me, his eyes a deep warm brown. "What's wrong?" He asked his voice soft.

I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, my head resting against his chest, his body was tense under me, but I felt his muscles slowly relax as his heart started to race, he gently laid his head on top of mine. "You looked sad earlier, I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to do it then so I'm doing it now. I hope it's okay."

He wrapped his arms around me enveloping me in his embrace. "Yes. It's very okay, thank you so much." He took a deep breath through his nose. "You're hair smells like coconuts."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Thank you?"  I gave his back a soft pat. "We better go before Jungkook starts to worry about us."

"You're right. You probably want to shower anyways after all that." He said letting me go and stepping away towards the door.

My heart ached a little when he let go. I followed him back to the car where Jungkook was already waiting with the engine running.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After my shower I went downstairs into the kitchen where Jaesuk was as usual. "Oh Nari hello. How are you doing?" He greeted as soon as I walked through the door.

"Hello." I gave him

Please log in to read the full chapter