Ch. 16

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Well, I told Taehyung about everything we talked about in front of Jaesuk, which by the way I applaud you for that. That was some good thinking." Jungkook praised as he took a drink of his whiskey glass. "Now all we have to do is figure out who it is that's going to take the blame for it all. Are you sure you're okay with this?"

I nodded my head taking a drink from my own glass making a face as I swallowed, my throat burning. "I mean. It's a little late to ask if I'm okay with any of it really. I mean look what the I had to do today Jungkook. I had to take someone's life, Why? Because Taehyung's father is just as insane as he is. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."  I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I know, trust me I've been exactly where you are now." He took another drink, this time finishing the glass off. "But if it's any consolation, he thinks you're a badass. Hell I think you're a badass. You want a refill?" He asked gesturing to my empty glass.

"Oh, uh. Yeah sure." I replied handing my empty glass out for him to take. When he disappeared back inside I turned my attention back towards the lit up city below. The lights twinkling against the night sky, I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

"Here you go." Jungkook held out the newly filled glass, the ice cubes clinking together.

"Thanks." I took it from him and took a drink. "So I figured I'd go out tomorrow an start sticking my nose around, I have to visit Namjoon and get the restock for Taehyung anyway so I figured go ahead and kill two birds with one stone, I'm sure Namjoon has some information about something. He's usually full of it." I snickered.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "That dude gets on my nerves. Talks way too much. But that's a good idea."

"Funny he says you creep him out because you don't talk enough." I replied a smile still plastered to my face. "You should lighten up a bit, this whole." I gestured up and down his body. "Intimidating thing doesn't always work ya'know, sure you can scare the living hell out of someone to get them to tell you something, but how do you know what they are telling you isn't just a lie? Something that you want to hear so you don't kill them. BUT if you show a little bit of kindness and give them a reason to tell you beside threatening." I lifted a shoulder with a shrug. "But that's just me."

Jungkook raised both his brows. "That's actually a good way about going things. There has been plenty of times I've gotten false information." He lifted his glass to his lips.

I pulled my legs up and tucked them up underneath me, leaning my shoulder against the back of the lawn chair, my eyes settling on him, the moon lighting up his face. "What made you decide to become a c

Please log in to read the full chapter