Ch. 22

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before I knew it, Saturday evening had already came. The week had gone by in a blur, I was either taking care of things that Taehyung needed done, or I was with Jungkook. Secretly talking about what the plan was an anything that could come up. But no amount of prep work I was still nervous. I hadn't eaten much, every time I tried my stomach turned.

A knock at my door startled me. I turned away from my reflection in the mirror towards the door. "Come in!" I called. The door opened, Jungkook stepping inside, closing the door quietly behind him. "Oh, Jungkook, hello what's up?" I asked.

"I'm just checking on you, seeing how you're doing." He said, his hands disappearing into his trouser pockets.

"I'm fine." I lied. Ever since the other night, things with Jungkook had been a little awkward, I wasn't quite sure how to act around him anymore, I felt stiff an on edge.

He looked me over, first at my feet then up to my eyes. "You look like something is bothering you." He walked over to the end of my bed an sat down, his eyes never leaving me.

I chewed on my bottom lip, looking back into the mirror. "I have the same feeling as the other night, I just feel like something bad is going to happen." I let out a long sigh. "I barely slept last night tossing and turning. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"I can understand why you're nervous, it's dangerous as hell. But you're the only one Hanbin doesn't know-"

"I know I know." I interrupted, slightly irritated, running both my hands through my hair, closing my eyes. "It's just... Jungkook. Put yourself in my position.." I started, lowering my voice down to a whisper. "You're a ing cop. You've had all kinds of ing training, I on the other hand have not. You know how to keep calm in stressful situations. Before we met, I never got involved in anything close to this. I didn't even have friends! I worked, went home, slept, repeat. And let me tell you. Out of every job I've done, it came no where near what's expected of me tonight."

Jungkook closed his eyes and took a steady breath. "Nari, I know. If I didn't need you to do this you know I wouldn't ever ask it of you." He explained. "If I could, I'd trade places with you in an instant."

I looked over at him. "I know you would, and I appreciate that very much it's just, a little complicated is all, I've just got so much going through my mind, the closer it gets for me to leave the more anxious I get." I rubbed my hands together, feeling my palms start to get all clammy.

Jungkook stood up and walked over to me. "I won't be far away, the moment you feel like it's too much just give me a call, I'm on your s

Please log in to read the full chapter