Ch. 54

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, hey. Wake up." I knit my brows together, snuggling my face further into the soft pillow only groaning a response. I wasn't ready to get up yet, but whoever is trying wasn't seeming to let up.

I barely opened my eyes, squinting into the bright sunlight that was streaming through the window. Jungkook was sitting beside me, his hand resting on my hip from trying to nudge me awake. Once he knew I was looking at him, he beamed a smile at me. "Good morning sunshine." He said cheerfully.

It seemed like I wouldn't be getting anymore sleep, groaning once more I went ahead an sat up. "What do I have to do?" I asked, my hand going to my throat, eyes closing tightly for a moment.

"Is everything okay?" Jungkook asked, panic in his voice. Instantly his face was in mine, eyes wide.

I held up a finger an swallowed hard. "I'm fine. My throat just hurts still." I answered, my voice sounded rough.

I gently pushed Jungkook far enough so I could get out of bed and go downstairs, Jungkook right on my heels. "What happened? You weren't home last night and Taehyung went flying out the door before I could ask what was going on. My calls kept going straight to voicemail." He paused. "It kind of pissed me off." I could hear the pout in his voice.

"Taehyung didn't tell you when we got home?" I walked into the kitchen. Chul running to me. "Hey buddy, it looks like you started eating breakfast without me." I picked him up, scratching him behind the ear. "Good morning Jaesuk."

"Good morning. What can I make you for breakfast? Your usual? You too Jungkook?" He asked getting our cups ready.

I set Chul back down on the floor before sitting on my usual stool. "Could I actually have something that is easy on the throat? Do we have any tea and honey?" I asked.

"Sure thing. I'll go ahead and whip something up for you." He smiled and went straight to work.

"Thank you." I watched Jungkook sit on the stool next to me. His eyes on my face, watching my every move. "What?" I asked.

"I'm waiting to hear what happened." He answered nonchalantly.

Jaesuk set my mug down in front of me along with the honey, an a cup of coffee in front of Jungkook. I took a drink before I told Jungkook the story. "Well... I finally figured it out after playing cat and mouse." I paused, looking straight in Jungkooks awaiting eyes. "It's uh.. It's Taehyung's Father." I bit down on my lower lip. "An I may or may not have had a small run in with Minhyun."

Jungkooks grip on the handle of his mug must have tightened because his knuckles were almost paper white, while the muscles in his jaw clenched. "So. That." He pointed at the bruising around my neck. "That's from Minhyun?" I could tell he was struggling to keep his voice even.

"Did you not hear what I said about his Father?" I asked a little surprised that he was only worried about me.

Jungkook blinked his eyes like he was coming out of a tr

Please log in to read the full chapter