Ch. 75

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK POV

 

I sat at my desk, pinching the bridge of my nose. It had been a very long night writing reports. "Hey. Jungkook." 

 

I turned in my chair, quickly standing up and bowing. "Hello chief."

 

"It has been awhile since I last saw you, did everything go well?" He asked. "Hoseok said you were probably still here and asked if I could bring you this." He set a cup of coffee on my desk.

 

"Thank you Sir." I picked up the cup and took a drink, in the last year being at Taehyung's house, I had gotten so used to nice, expensively imported coffee, that the taste of station coffee didn't have. "And yes. There were minor bumps along the way." I paused. "A girl got really badly hurt."

 

He nodded, puffing out his chest with a deep breath. "Follow me into my office please." He turned his back to me and walked to his office.

 

I closed the file, picked it up, and turned off my computer to follow him into the office, closing the door behind me. I sat in one of the chairs, putting the file on his desk. "Now that we are in private. Do we need to worry about this girl? Will she be a problem?" He asked, staring me dead in the face, watching for my reaction. 

 

I quickly shook my head. "No no Sir. Not at all, actually if anything she helped me on this case, if it wasn't for her I'd still probably be undercover, she exposed a weakness in Kim Taehyung."

 

He pursed his lips. "Is that so? And this girl, did she know that you were a cop?" He asked.

 

I swallowed hard. "She found out yes, but that's when she decided to help me take him down."

 

"Jeon Jungkook. You let someone on the inside know your identity. That's dangerous." He scolded.

 

"I-I know that Sir. But if you would have known her then you'd understand. She had been through so much. Her Father sold her to Taehyung to pay off his debts." I started. "She wanted to take him down just as badly as we did." 

 

He let out another long sigh, folding his fingers together on his desk. "If it were anyone else I would have suspended you… But you're a great deJungkook, so just this once, I will over look it. Please don't make me regret it."

 

I nodded my head. "Yes sir. I understand completely."

 

"Alright. Well you're dismissed. Leave the file with me an I'll look it over, go home and take a few days vacation, you deserve it. Great work out there."

 

I stood up and gave him another bow. "Thank you Sir." I replied before leaving his office.

 

I let out a sigh of relief, dropping my head and closing my eyes, that could have gone so much worse. "Jungkook." 

 

I lifted my head and looked over. Hoseok was approaching me. "Hey. What's up?" I asked, meeting him halfway.

 

He pointed his thumb over his shoulder. "Taehyung wants to talk to you, he's been demanding to see you for the last 3 hours, he's getting on my nerves."

 

I bit down on my cheek, and gave him a short nod. "Okay, afterwards do you want to go get something to eat and go somewhere with me?" I asked him. 

 

"Sure, it's been awhile since we were able to eat and drink without worrying if we're being watched. I'll come get you in about half an hour ?" He suggested.

 

I shrugged. "Yeah. Sounds good to me. What room is he in?" I asked.

 

Hoseok thought for a second. "Uhhh. Interrogation room 3." He answered. "Good luck. If you need anything just give me a call."

 

Please log in to read the full chapter