Ch 32

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next two weeks felt like they dragged on forever. I didn't really leave the house. Everywhere I walked, Chul was right at my heels, when I stopped, he would sit right at my feet. He had even mastered the stairs after the second night. "Come on boy, let's go get us some breakfast. Are you hungry?" I asked in a baby voice, looking down at the prancing puppy. I was answered by a happy little squeak of a bark. I smiled happily. "Let's see what Jaesuk has made, maybe I can sneak you some sausage and bacon." I put a finger to my lips like Chul could really tell someone.

I slowly walked down the stairs, taking it one step at a time, Chul walking down the steps just as cautious. From the foyer I could smell the scent of breakfast cooking. Jaesuk turned to face me as I walked into the kitchen. "Good morning Miss. Nari." He greeted. He bent over. "And good morning to you Mr. Chul." He opened his hand lowering it to Chul's level, a small piece of sausage in his palm. Chul happily grabbed it, his little tail wagging frantically.

"Good morning, how are you this morning?" I asked. Taking a seat at the island, resting my forearms on the counter.

"I'm doing pretty well, how are you? You're getting your stitches out today aren't you?" He asked, grabbing a cup and the pot of coffee.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I feel pretty good, I have next to no pain. I think I'll be able to get back to it." He set the mug down in front of me. "Ah thank you." I took a drink, my eyes closing.

"Well that is awesome. I'm glad you aren't hurting anymore." He said. Flipping the pancake in the pan.

My eyes rounded. "I love when you make pancakes." I about melted as I watched him do his thing.

"I love that you like my cooking so much." He smiled, his eyes not leaving the pan. "At least someone does."

"I never really had a recurring daily routine, other than working. I usually would just stop and get a steamed bun and a small store coffee, whatever was cheapest." I laughed nervously.

He used the spatula to pick up the pancake and put it on the plate before setting it down in front of me. "Here you go. Want some bacon and sausage?" He asked, setting the plate in my reach.

"Absolutely!" I exclaimed. Pouring syrup over the pancakes, and dug in. My eyes closing when the amazing taste entered my mouth. "Oh My Godddd." I groaned with a mouthful food.

Jaesuk shook his head, a wide grin on his face. "Any other plans for the day?" He asked.

"Not that I know of. I know I kind of wanna out of the house for a little while, get some fresh air, I've been cooped up for what feels like ages." I replied, finishing the last bite of the pancake before moving on to the meats.

"I bet. Just don't go wearing yourself out too much, just because you feel well right now doesn't mean you won't feel bad later on. I don't want you to push yourself." He warned. "Want anymore pancakes?"

I nodded my head, swallowing, and taking a drink of the coffee to wash it down. "It's pretty quiet this morning, where is everyone?" I asked.

Jaesuk lifted his shoulder, keeping an eye on his cooking. "I'm not sure, they don't really tell me those sorts of things, I don't really ask either." He made a face.

I always kind of knew that Jaesuk didn't like violence. Why he put up with it I wasn't sure, was it because Taehyung paid him good money? I ran a hand through my hair to get it out of my face.

I heard footsteps against the tile floor made me look up from my plate. "Good morning Jungkook." I greeted with a smile.

"Good morning. Are you ready?" He asked, walking over to the coffee pot to fill up his to-go cup. "Yoongi said he was free so if you want we can go ahead and go get that taken care of." He glanced at the placement sat out in front of me, his brows shot up. "Looks like someone's found their appetite." 

Jaesuk nodded his head. "You're telling me, she finished off three pancakes and a plate full of bacon and sausage. Poor Chul didn't get any." He clicked his tongue.

My mouth hung open. "Whoa whoa whoa." I protested.

"It's a good thing." Jaesuk waved his hand.

I turned my attention to Jungkook. "I'm ready to go when you are." I told him, slipping off the stool slowly. My feet landing on the floor. "I need to get dressed first. Is that okay?" I asked.

"I mean yeah." He leaned against the counter, putting the lid back on his cup before taking a drink. "Unless you wanna go in your PJ's." He cocked his head to the side. "Not that I would mind." He gave me a little wink.

I felt my face turn red, suddenly feeling a lit

Please log in to read the full chapter