Kai (Thousand Years) Part 1

Imagines of EXO

I sighed as I write down the last word. I really don't care what was our teacher saying for an hour now. 

 

"How did you survive those boring classes?" Baek asked me. Baek is my best friend but we are from other departments. He took art and here I stuck with biology. 

 

"Don't ask" I shooked my head. 

 

"Hey Ira," Someone called my name. I turned to see that person. 

 

"Yes?" I know this person but can't remember his name. That's my problem, I don't remember people's name easily. 

 

"Mr. Dalin called you" He flashed a smile before leaving the place. 

 

"Wait outside for me? I don't know why that person need me now!" I tapped Baek's shoulder before leaving. I saw his lips moved upwards but I didn't let him to say anything. 

 

"Sir, did you call me?" I asked as I entered the teachers room. 

 

"Ahh yes Ira, you know that our school really doesn't allow transfer students at the mid year but there's an expectation. There is a boy, he is really smart" He placed his both hand on table infornt of him. 

 

I nodded. What else should I do? Should I just say I don't care?! Can't do that right? 

 

"Ahh his name is Kai. He is Korean and again you are the only Korean in our department so I want you to take care of him" He gave me a nervous smile. 

 

What? Taking care of an adult boy?! Is he kidding me? 

 

I didn't say anything. 

 

"So he is gonna be here from today. I hope you will be a great company" He then looked into my eyes, clearly wanting an answer from me. 

 

"Ya sure sir" I bowed and left the room. 

 

I met Baek at outside of our building, heading to the cafeteria. 

 

"So why are you so down?" He asked when we already got settled on our daily place. 

 

"Our teacher wants me to take care of a 24 years old boy" I sighed and took a sip from my coffee. 

 

"What?" He started laughing. 

 

"I know this is funny but he is gonna be here at anytime" I looked down at my coffee what I assure that is cold enough, not drinkable anymore. 

 

Totally a bad day. 

 

"I think this isn't really a bad thing if you think like this. Like you really never dated while I just gave party two days ago because I broke up with my third girlfriend." He raised his one eyebrow. 

 

"Yaa whatever I don't want to think like thisss" I was about to leave but Baek stopped me grabbing my hand. 

 

"What?" I asked. He wasn't looking at me. I turned my attention where he was looking. At the exit. 

 

There was a new boy entering the cafe. Everyone's eyes on him. I gasped because he is really attractive or I am just out of my mind.  

 

"Ira you should think like this... If he is that guy you are going to take care of" I looked at Baek who was smirking at me. 

 

Ira, you should think like this! Baek's words are jumping on my mind. 

 

That boy asked a girl near him something and that girl pointed at me. Wait me? Why me? 

 

I quickly looked other side. I am just feeling everything now but comfortable! 

 

Baek was enjoying the whole scene. 

 

"He's coming towards us. He must be the one" Baek chuckled. 

 

Shoot! Nooo. 

 

"Tell him to go or" I was cut of when Baek gestured me to turn around. I did and my gaze got stuck on him. Now I could clearly admire his beautiful face. 

 

"Ira?" He asked with a beautiful smile on his face. I really want to run away from here before I could do anything embarrassing or else I have to quit this school. 

 

I nodded. He smiled. 

 

"You don't look like an Asian but the way you are panicking I assured that you are. Cause we Asians aren't too comfortable with strangers" He then looked at Baek. "Ahh you too?" He asked Baek. 

 

At least you know that I am not comfortable then why aren't you going from here. I never felt my heart fluttering like this! 

 

Baek nodded and I did the same. Not knowing what to do actually. 

 

Baek cleared his throat to say something but before he could I did. 

 

"You are Kai?" I asked, I already know the answer though. 

 

"Yes." He smiled. 

 

If he keeps smiling then I am really going to quit this school. I can't bear this sight everyday. 

 

"Should we go outside? If not then I advised at least we should sit... Everyone is eyeing us" Baek stated. 

 

That's what brought me into reality. All this time I don't know where was I. 

 

Baek was right everyone was eyeing us, specially Kai. Somehow I felt I am special cause among all these people he is standing with me. I know I am wrong to feel like this but again I can't blame myself. 

 

"Ira, can you help me like a tour to our department?" His eyes were asking me and I can't say no to those eyes. Having blue eyes for an Asian never felt so attractive but his case is different. 

 

I nodded. "Yaa sure" 

 

"So Baek maybe we will meet again" Kai said as he headed towards the exit. 

 

"Stop drooling you idiot" Baek tapped my shoulder. 

 

"Am I?" I checked as if I was really drooling, maybe. 

 

"Idiot.." He laughed. 

 

"Yaah I am going" I said as I took my backpack. 

 

"Ohh yaa and you don't do anything stupid. All the best with your babying" Baek chuckled. 

 

I was already near to the exit but I heard him cause it's Byun Baekhyun, he is too loud for his own good. 

 

"Do you have any boyfriend?" All of sudden Kai asked me this. I was too surprised to hear this. 

 

I was glad at first that finally he has spoken something but soon his words hit my brain. Is he interested in me? No obviously no. But why all of a sudden he is showing interest in my personal life? Maybe just he wanted to break the silence cause the tour was really boring. I didn't need to show him anything actually. Every classes have a big board hanging outside written in a blod letters the name of subjects. 

 

"Hmmm no" I nervously said, wasn't looking at him. Actually he is really taller than me maybe 1 feet or maybe more than that. I mentally laughed at the thought of Mr. Dalin saying me to take care of him. 

 

"Took long you to answer." He said as he stepped in our department building.

 

"Well to be honest I didn't realize at first what you asked me." I honestly said.

 

"Then you really don't have a boyfriend?" He raised his one eyebrow. 

 

I nodded. "No I don't" 

 

"Then date me" 

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

What? Did he just say that? I must be hearing things. He doesn't know me, I don't know him. Well that won't change things. I would say yes even I don't know him but this is real. Why would he say this to me. 

 

KAI'S POV 

 

"Ira was born against her fate. Her father left her mom when he heard that she was pregnant with his baby. None wanted Ira to have a life but her mom did. That's how she was born but her mom died giving her birth. She is obviously marked as unlucky." Master declared. 

 

"But that doesn't make her special to be protected." I tried to make a point. 

 

"First listen to me, she is special.. You know she isn't in the list of people who born in the same year as her. That wasn't a problem. The problem starts when she gave someone her blood, who is obviously in the list and that's how Leos got to know there is someone who can lead them to become immortal." He finished with a serious expression on his face. 

 

I nodded. That makes sense.. She is obviously special and needs to be protected for the seck of humanity. If Leos get a hold on her then they will sacrifice her to the demon only to become immortal. And if Leos become immortal then this world will be ended. 

 

Leos are special among all normal people. It's not as simple as zodiac sign so don't misunderstand us. We are also Leos but we are the protectors of those special ones and on the other hand some Leos are the followers of Demon. 

 

"Kai you are Leo and a X grade so I want you to be her protector." 

 

X grade defines those special Leos who are really powerful and chosen to fight against the demons. 

 

"Yes master." I bowed. 

 

"But remember protector and the victim can't be in love." He chuckled. 

 

"Ya whatever I know." I rolled my eyes. 

 

"You know but remember what you did last time." He sighed. 

 

"I will try not to attract girls but I can't assure you that." I smirked. 

 

"You sure you won't?" Taemin placed his hand on my shoulder. 

 

"Are you coming with me?" 

 

"Yes, in case if you need my help though you are a X grade." 

 

"You know that school won't allow you? But still you can stay with me hiding." 

 

"I don't have any plans to stay with you, it's just master ask me to keep eyes on you." He sighed. 

 

"You want to be with me, don't deny it." I rolled my eyes. 

 

"Ya ya whatever." 

 

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a leo then I would have lead a normal life like others. Anyways now I have to protect that girl named Ira from other leos. 

 

Everyone eyes on me just when I enter the school. I mentally told myself that this is going to be fun. I headed to the cafeteria cause I already know where is she. 

 

"For now I am with you so that you can know where is she but what will do later?" Taemin asked me. 

 

"I don't know." I shrugged. 

 

"Wait don't tell me that master wants me to.." Before I could finish my sentence Taemin started nodding. 

 

No hell no.. Master always does this to me. 

 

"Aish I am a leo not a theif! How many times I have to say this? Should I say it in Japanese? In Chinese?" I pouted. 

 

"That won't change the fact. Just steal anything you can, just steal anything that has scent of her." He said before disappearing. 

 

Taemin left me here confused. 

 

"Aish, this is gonna be my last time protecting someone I swear. I am quitting this job." 

 

When I entered the cafe I asked a girl who's Ira. She pointed a girl who was already staring at me. Huh interesting. She is weird. Maybe I will drop the idea of quitting the job for her. 

 

"Then date me." Maybe just a few minutes spend with her and here I am already saying this to her. I want to kill me right now. What if she started doubting me. A protector's secret always should be hidden. 

 

Calm down Kai. There is no way she would doubt. I already know she is gonna say yes. I already see something in her eyes for me. 

 

"I am sorry." She avoided eye contact. 

 

"I knew it you will say yes. Wait but why you are sorry?" 

 

"I said I can't." 

 

What she said no to me? A no? 

 

Heart broken. I felt heart broken, betrayed for the first time. 

 

"You okay?" She giggled. 

 

Wait my expression is that obvious? Does she find it funny?! 

 

"Obviously you are looking like a joker." I heard Taemin laughing. 

 

"Just wait here.. I am gonna kill you." I mumbled to Taemin. 

 

"Huh what?" Ira looked confused. 

 

"Hmmm nothing." 

 

The rest of the day spent well. I didn't do anything more stupid luckily. 

 

The hostel is big. My room is a few steps away from her, maybe 15 steps. Well ya I counted it so what? 

 

"I don't find anything to worry." I said as I layed on my bed. 

 

"Why?" I knew it Taemin was there all the time with me. 

 

"Who would want to hurt her dude? She is so.." I was about to say more but I heard someone yelling more like crying. I sat up.

 

"Did you heard that?" I looked at Taemin who was also shocked. 

 

"It's Ira's voice." I quickly left the room. 

 

I was the first person to reach her room. The door was locked. I knocked twice and a trembling Ira opened the door. 

 

She didn't even looked at me, she hugged me tightly. That's it my mind locked her scent. I also could sense something bad happened. Really bad.