Promises (Chen)

Imagines of EXO

Promises are meant to be kept. That's why I am still waiting for him to come. That's why this long five years didn't feel like years. Time was still and I was stopped. By what and whom I don't know. 

 

I opened my eyes to the daylight yawning. I rubbed my sleep off that when my phone started ringing. 

 

"Hello?" I asked. I didn't notice the caller name before receiving the call. 

 

"What hello! He is on his way!" I thought the time stopped again, everything stopped around me just my heart was beating. 

 

"Tirna? Yaah are you listening?" Raym yelled from the other side of call. 

 

"Chen is coming? Are you kidding me?" I bite my lip to control myself, to hold in my tears. 

 

"Yes stupid!" Raym's voice shaked. 

 

Raym, Chen's cousin, only she knows how much I cried through these years. He promised me so many things but all weren't kept. I understand that he must be busy. But I won't talk to him only if he remembered that promise he made under our own tree. 

 

I didn't realize I was crying. I felt something hot running down my cheek. I wiped my tears off. Chen you have to answer all of my questions cause these tears aren't gonna be unnoticed. 

 

I went to washroom and showered. When I stood in front of the mirror, I saw the same necklace from five years ago. 

 

"Chen! Where are you taking me?" I laughed. My eyes were covered with his hands. He helped me to walk. 

 

After some more steps we stopped. 

 

"We are here." He whispered into my ears and removed his hands. I looked around and the place was familiar. 

 

The place was ours. The place where we grew up playing and saying so many words... 

 

"Chen?" I turned to face him. He was smiling so warmly. 

 

"I wanted to make you feel special before I leave. I don't want to regret. Before any other boys steal you from me in my absence so.." He took a step towards me. 

 

He kneeled down and took out a box from his pocket. He opened the box and his smile disappeared. 

 

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

 

"That's not what I brought for you." He rubbed the back of his neck. I could see him blushing. 

 

"You can't do a thing properly." I started laughing. He stood up and suddenly pulled me closer making me stop laughing. 

 

"Chen.." 

 

"Hiss." He placed a finger on my lips. He hold the necklace in front of my face. I smiled and he took the chance and put that around my neck. 

 

"It's looking beautiful." He mumbled. 

 

I touched my material and nodded. I could see my reflection in his eyes and it's beautiful. 

 

Silence took over us then the night's beauty. His hands moved upper and I closed my eyes. He leaned in and our lips touched. 

 

The place looked hundred times better than any time. The moment we kissed the fairy llights . We parted the kiss and he promised. 

 

"I will come back to you." 

 

My reflection on mirror suddenly started crying. He is coming back to me. I wanted to stop him going but I love him so I couldn't. 

 

I wore a a simple red dress. When you wait for something, time would go slower than ever. 

 

Suddenly the bell rang and I ran to the door. Raym was standing outside. I was disappointed. 

 

"Chen? Where is he?" 

 

"You think my brother is that simple!" 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"He is sleeping. He is tried." 

 

"Ohh." I looked down. 

 

"You can go meet him if you are really that impatient." 

 

"No it's ok. I am fine." I avoided the eye contact and Raym started laughing. 

 

"No seriously Tirna, you should go." Raym hold my hand and squeezed them. 

 

I smiled and she let go of my hands. I took my scarf and ran to his house. It was soo normal for me and the other people. I keep going to my house to his house often and today I would go that everyone knew. 

 

I breathed heavily leaning against the door of his room. I have no courage to go in. I hold the doorknob tightly and closed my eyes before twisting it. When the door opened the gentle breeze hit my face making my hair messy. I took a step and entered in. 

 

There was none. Only letters scattered on the bed. These look fimilar. I went closer and sat down. 

 

I took a letter in my hand and realized that's the letter I wrote to him. In fact all these letters I wrote for him but he never answered any of my letters. Still I smiled that he kept these letters to him. 

 

"You never asked me why I don't answer to your questions in your letters. Why are you like this Tirna?" I looked around but he wasn't there. But it was his voice. 

 

"Chen!" I started crying like a baby. 

 

"Tirna maybe I loved you in an unknown level. I couldn't answer your letters, I only craved for them. All these years I wanted to hear your voice, see your eyes, touch your lips. But I couldn't do anything. I was mad at myself sorry for that you had to suffer. Do you still love me? If yes then let me keep my promises." 

 

I realized this all are recorded. I waited there a while looking at these letters. I don't know how you went through all these years. But I am sorry I was wrong thinking that you forgot me. 

 

I ran to where our promise meant to be kept. My heart was beating faster when I saw a figure standing alone. I went closer and stopped. He turned and I saw him smiling like before. Everything was same. The place, the us. Everything. 

 

We stared at each other as if there was nothing beautiful in this world except us. He took a step closer and touched the necklace and smiled. 

 

"I am sorry." He mumbled looking down. 

 

I didn't say anything. I took him in a embrace. 

 

"I missed you." I cried in hug. 

 

He parted the hug and cupped my face. 

 

"Missed everything. I even forgot how do you look when you kiss me." 

 

I looked at him totally puzzled. 

 

"Yah Chen." I laughed when I understood what he meant. Started teasing me already. 

 

"I still love you the same Tirna." He pulled my face near his and connected our lips. I closed myself totally sinking in him. 

 

I was frozen. He was warm. I was broke. He was new. I was tired and he became my shelter again. 

 

Under the same tree after long five years we are again kissing. The tree witnessed every little things we shared. He jokes, my cryings, his laughing, my whining, everything... 

 

Happy Promise Day :')