Teddy bears (Kai)

Imagines of EXO

"Why are you smiling?" I looked up when my friend asked that. Was I smiling? really? 

 

I looked around. Everyone was busy doing their project and here I am smiling like a fool. Well I have a great reason for that. 

 

"You know Kai moved in near my house. And as a great neighbor my mom literally killed me to go greet them." I shrugged at the thought of arguing with mom. More like I was crying not to go. But I ended up going there. 

 

"Nourin, stop making me jealous. I am already so mad at my luck. Why does he have to move in there? Why not my house?" I chuckled when Rae complained. 

 

"What do you think he is like in his comfort zone?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

 

"A total hot mess?" She asked and I couldn't help laughing. 

 

Everyone suddenly stopped working and looked at us giving us dirty looks. I controlled my laughing and concentrated on my project. 

 

"Why were you laughing again?" Rae hissed. 

 

"Ever seen a grown up man sleeping with a teddy bear?" I asked her and she shook her head. 

 

"Why?" She asked but I decided not to answer anymore even if she killed me. 

 

I recalled the moment I stepped in Kai's room. His mom was happy to hear that we share the same college. She was worried moving in a new town but was happy to see me. I wanted to tell her the truth that she didn't need to worry cause Kai wasn't someone who would be panicking just because of a new town. He was our college's heartthrob and was kinda rude. He didn't talk with people usually. 

 

His mom smiled and told me to go to his room. Yes I am a good girl but sometimes who wants to miss a chance like this. So I nodded and went to upstairs. Best decision of my life even if I was surprised to see Kai sleeping shirtless with a large teddy bear besides him. He was hugging the teddy bear as if his life depended on it. He was humming something underneath his breath. Who thought this rude boy had a side like this. 

 

"Cute" I mumbled when his lips parted. 

 

I came back home losing my heart there in a small room that was totally untouched and new. The owner of my heart was sleeping in that room with a teddy bear. For a moment I totally forgot that I saw him shirtless. 

 

A mischievous smile played on my face when I came to find out that I could see his room from mine. A figure was still sleeping. 

 

I sighed what to do with this unbearable feeling. Kai would never ask me to help bearing this. I am in trouble. 

 

"Nourin, what were you doing?!" Rae asked me when we got in our music class. 

 

"What?" I asked clueless. This class became my favorite just now when I saw Kai entering the class with his friends. It was the only class we both share. But I wasn't sad at all. At least one class and again I can stare at him from my room too. 

 

"You are behaving so weird today." Rae's comment brought me back in reality. 

 

I ignored her comment and looked at Kai. Why does he only resemble of a teddy bear! 

 

The whole class ended day dreaming about Kai and the college ended somehow. I was on my way home and stopped when I heard Kai's voice. 

 

"See you later." He chuckled and the sound of footsteps coming towards me. Obviously his footsteps. 

 

I started walking faster. I hope he didn't notice me. 

 

"Hey wait!" I just stopped when I heard him calling. 

 

I turned and saw him smiling. He pointed something and when I looked down I saw my history book fell down. He took it and came near me. 

 

"Here take it." He handed me the book. When you are planning to give back my heart too? 

 

I took the book in a hope that maybe our fingers would touch but it didn't happen. 

 

"Wait aren't you Nourin?" He asked looking at my face carefully. 

 

I nodded like a fool what made him smile. 

 

"Ahh the scholar girl!" 

 

That's it? That's the all reputation I have in college! I can't believe. 

 

"Your home in that way?" He asked when we started walking. 

 

"Yes. If you don't know then I should tell you that we are neighbours." 

 

"Ahh sorry I didn't know." 

 

I really love this side of him. He looks so rude outside but he has this side too. I don't know why doesn't show it most of the time. Busy considering myself lucky, I tripped on my own foot. I was about to fall but a hand from behind grabbed my hand saving me from falling. Too late I was already fallen in a different trap. 

 

"Thanks." I mumbled and he just nodded. 

 

"Bye neighbor." He waved and smiled. 

 

"Wait Kai." He looked surprised. 

 

"You know my name!" He asked in disbelief. I chuckled nodding. 

 

"Who doesn't?! Just wanted to tell you that you are grown up enough not to sleep with a teddy bear." And I ran inside my home without looking at him. I am sure he didn't know about me visiting his room. 

 

I went to my room and layed down on my bed. 

 

___ 

 

10th February, I was sleeping in my bed with papers scattered everywhere. I don't know how I fell asleep while working. The beep sound from my phone wake me up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Ahh my head was hurting probably because bot having enough sleep. I wore my glasses and opened the message I got.

 

"Can you come to your balcony." It's a message from Kai. I rubbed my eyes again wearing the glasses. He sent me a message! No he was calling me. I stood up and ran to the balcony. 

 

But none was there. I sighed and looked at the message. Ohh god it was sent at 12 and it's freaking 3 am. I wanted to point a gun to my head. 

 

But soon I started laughing at me. How fool am I looking now. My hair was a mess and as usual I was wearing a large size sweater and obviously my sleepy panda eyes. 

 

I am glad he wasn't there to see me like that. Only if he saw me like this, he would think I am not just a scholar, I am a fool too. 

 

I came back to my room and opened the window. I escaped so many heartbeats in a row what made me choke on air. Kai was at his window looking at my direction. He smiled to see me. He waved his hand and gestured me to look at my phone. 

 

I bite my lip and looked down at my phone. A new message came just and I opened it. 

 

"I am sad that you didn't came neither you replied!" 

 

"I am sorry. I was sleeping." I typed back. 

 

"How did you have my phone number?" I sent him the message and looked up to see him starting at me from far. 

 

The gap was huge but I was feeling we were talking in the middle of night under the sky just alone. Just because we couldn't get sleep. 

 

I smiled when I received a new message. 

 

"It's secret." 

 

I looked up and pouted. Just then my phone beeped again. 

 

"Just kidding. The phone book." 

 

"You read the whole book?" I was wondering why would he do that just for me. 

 

"Can we talk?" His message said and I nodded. My phone started ringing. 

 

The caller name in my phone was saved as Kai the teddy. Well I had his number because I am crazier than him. I read the whole damn phone book. There's so many kims in here. 

 

"Hello." His soft voice asked for an answer. 

 

"You read the whole book!" I asked still not believing. 

 

"No. Your name is unique so it wasn't that hard." I heard him chuckling. I closed the window. The chilly night was making me freeze and his face was more. 

 

I layed down on my bed with my phone attached to my ear. 

 

"Where did you go?" He asked. 

 

"In my room. Just the I was feeling cold so." 

 

"Can you come down?" He asked. 

 

"Right now?" Suddenly I start feeling my heart beating faster. 

 

"Hmm. I want to see you." And then again my heart stopped beating. 

 

"But we will see each other tomorrow morning. Remember we share same class." I chuckled. 

 

"No. I want to see you right now." 

 

"You saw me just a while ago." 

 

"Nourin why aren't you understanding!" He cut the call. I sat up. Is he even serious. What is he! A kid. A stubborn one. 

 

I looked at my watch and made my way downstairs. I tiptoed because I didn't want to wake my mom up. 

 

I opened the door and didn't have to call him or took a step towards his home. He was standing just in front of my house. 

 

He smiled to see me. His hands were behind him hiding something. 

 

"Here!" With that he handed me large teddy bear. 

 

"What? I mean why?" I asked in disbelief looking at the soft teddy bear. 

 

"I thought you were jealous of my teddy bear so." He shrugged. 

 

"Ohh." I nodded understanding. 

 

"What ohh?! Pabo. Why would you think I brought that because you were jealous!" He chuckled and poked my forehead. 

 

"Ouch." I rubbed the spot and he started laughing. 

 

"Go in. You will catch cold." He said moving backwards. He was looking hundred times more handsome. 

 

"No. First you tell me why!" I yelled and he chuckled. 

 

"Miss scholar! Why aren't you understanding a simple thing?" He stopped and asked. 

 

I took a few steps near him and tiptoed. I stopped for a moment but soon I planted a soft kiss on his cheek. 

 

"You are a bear Kai. I didn't need a fake one but I will still keep this cause it's from you!" I said in one breath and ran to my house. 

 

I locked the door and rested my back against the door. After a while someone knocked on the door. I knew who it was. I smiled to myself. 

 

"Nourin, open the door before I wake up the whole neighborhood." He warned. 

 

"Do it." I turned and rested my palms on the door. I had a feeling he was doing the same. So the door was just between us stopping us from touching each other, seeing each other. And I didn't regret to set this between us. 

 

"I will do it. You don't know me!" He yelled. 

 

"Kai, stop." I laughed and couldn't help but opening the door. 

 

He smiled to see me and ran to me taking me in a tight embrace. I swear one or three of my bones are going to break. I hugged him back. The teddy bear got ignored by two of us. 

 

We parted and he cupped my face. 

 

"I love you." He whispered. 

 

"I love you too." I covered the teddy bear's eyes and leaned over to kiss Kai's soft lips. 

 

The moment was stopped when we kissed. With his hand on my waist he pulled me closer. 

 

"Yes I am jealous of your teddy bear that you hugged it so tightly while you were sleeping." I stated after we parted the kiss. 

 

"Well so I was right. Should I give you a chance too?" He raised an eyebrow and took a step towards the stairs. 

 

"No thanks." I chuckled. I pushed him away planting my hands on his chest. 

 

"Araso." He got out and waved his hand. 

 

"Let's see each other in the morning." He said and walked away. 

 

I was suddenly feeling so lonely and incomplete. I looked at the teddy bear and smiled. 

 

"Jongin. You are my Jonginiee." I took the teddy bear in my arms and headed to my room to complete my incomplete works because I was sure I couldn't sleep. 

 

Happy Teddy Bear Day :')