Kai (Highway)

Imagines of EXO

While cleaning the counter I heard the door bell. My heart started beating faster it's him. 

 

My hold on the piece of the cloth with what I was cleaning got tighten. 

 

"One Americano.." I didn't look around. I waited for him to go. I heard his footsteps going far and I look around. 

 

My heart felt the ease as I saw him taking his regular seat near the window. I bite my lip when our eyes met. His gaze is soo different from all the boys I have ever seen so far. 

 

I went to make the coffee and when it's done I took a tray and put the coffee mug down. 

 

I walked to the table and put down his coffee and he didn't say anything. He kept staring at me. The tension between us was damn high. It's been a month we two kept doing the same thing. Stare at each other, he would order and I obey. Yes simple as that but something more we both wanted. 

 

"Darcie, we have other people too." Samen dragged me to the counter. 

 

I looked at her surprised. 

 

"What? Oh come on as if you don't realize! You were starting at that man for a while." She giggled and I made an Oh sound. 

 

I really didn't realize. I tried to focus on my work. After some time we both sat down. Samen pinched my cheek and I looked at her. 

 

"Do you like him?" She asked. 

 

"Who?" 

 

"Stop pretending. I know you like him." 

 

"I.. I don't like him." I bite my lower lip. It's our closing time. Everyone already started going. 

 

I went inside to change and came out after changing into my usual clothes. Everyone was gone. My eyes were searching that man who's name was unknown to me. 

 

"Hey Darcie!" Samen shook my arm and looked at her. 

 

"Let's go." 

 

"Oh yes. We are late." I sighed. 

 

I like him? No I don't. There's more than liking. I liked my ex but never felt something like this. Lust? No I don't want him. There's more than wanting. Love? Is that even possible without knowing someone? 

 

I wanted him like I needed him. I want to have myself wrapped around him. I want to see him everyday when I open my eyes and maybe also wanted to kiss his soft lips before I fall asleep. 

 

___ 

 

"Hey you look so down Darcie.." Samen pouted as she removing her tie. She is leaving fast today because her aunt is in hospital. 

 

"Nothing. I am just bored." I smiled at her and she pinched my both cheeks as she smiled. 

 

"Fine. Then I will be leaving. Reach home safely and after you got home don't forget to call me, ok?" 

 

"Ya ya what are you? My mom?" 

 

"Your bff." She smiled and waved before leaving the cafe. 

 

I sighed and took out my diary. I opened my diary and started writing down the lines that was coming in my mind for a while. 

 

He is missing. He hasn't come to the cafe for four days. I haven't seen him more than 109 hours 36 minutes and 6 seconds. My heart is feeling heavy. 

 

My pen stopped the moment I heard the doorbell and I looked up. His dark gaze met mine. He was sweating. I felt a pushing force from inside me as if my heart was about to come out. 

 

He came walking to the counter, his gaze never leaving me. I managed to keep up with it. 

 

"One Americano." He said and left to sit back to his regular seat. 

 

My heart was beating faster. There's not much people in cafe tonight. And it was already our closing time. I quickly made an Americano and brought it to him. 

 

"Thanks." He looked up at me the moment I stopped by his table. 

 

I came to the counter and was saying goodbyes to the other customers. It was just five minutes left when he came. 

 

He kept looking at me. I got nervous because it was only two in this cafe. He finally parted his lips to say something. 

 

"I actually.. Well.." He paused. 

 

"Anything wrong sir?" I asked as he wasn't saying anything. 

 

"I forgot to bring my card and have no cash." He looked the other side embarrassed. I smiled to myself. 

 

"It's ok sir. You are a regular customer so I will just write down your name. Your name sir?" I took the pen. 

 

"Kim Jongin. But just write down Kai." He said.

 

"Ok sir." I wrote his name and smiled. 

 

"Thanks." He said and left. The door bell rang as he closed the door behind him. 

 

Kai! His name is also unique. I wonder what does it mean in France! 

 

I looked at the watch and it was already too late. So I quickly changed into my dress and got out. 

 

".. I am late. This isn't the bus hour." I sighed and started walking. 

 

I was walking looking down until I hit someone's chest. I looked up and saw his dark eyes. I immediately stepped backwards. He took steps toward me and stood in front of me filling the gap between us. 

 

"Kai.." 

 

He didn't say anything and he grabbed my hand. I didn't say anything as I read his eyes under the city light. 

 

He got on the bike and I followed him. It's my first time riding a bike. I wrapped my hands around his stomach tightly as he started the engine. 

 

The cold breeze was hitting my face. I was feeling cold inside and outside. I hugged him more closely taking the warmth of his body. 

 

He stopped the bike at the highway and got off. 

 

"Can we switch our seats?" He asked. 

 

"But I don't know driving." 

 

"Who's asking you to drive?" He chuckled. 

 

He came closer and pushed me a little and he sat down. He made me change my position facing him. 

 

"What's your name?" He asked as his hand was on my waist moving up and down. 

 

"Darcie." I bite my lip in a good manner. 

 

He came closer pushing my body. My head fell down but he put his hand down my head. He bent over and our lips met. 

 

It was in weird feeling ran through my body. The cold breeze and the unencumbered highway and he was making me feel things. 

 

I closed my eyes feeling his lips moving with mine. 

 

For a moment I forgot we were in a uncomfortable position. A very uncomfortable in real. He parted the kiss and looked at me. 

 

"What's this feeling?" 

 

"I don't know but as long as it feels good I am ok with it." I think I will never regret saying this. 

 

He locked his lips with mine once again. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. 

 

....