Chapter 23

Beauty and a Beggar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Miss Mina. Jisoo's here..," the beautiful receptionist said as soon as she enters Mina's office.

"Really?," Tzuyu interrupts before Mina could answers the receptionist.

"You can go now. Tell him to wait..," Mina said as she glares Tzuyu.

The receptionist nod and bow before she leaves the two latter alone.

"Yahh! Are you crazy? Why do you look so excited?," Mina throws the pen to the excited Tzuyu.

"Ahhh~ I want to meet him. Please let me be in your set..," Tzuyu said with a puppy face.

"Are you nuts? What if the employees know about this? What if they know about you asking me to get your 'crush' to be in this well known magazine? Not forget to mention, he'll be on the cover magazine yet he's not that popular! Do you know what'll happen if the director know this?," Mina replies in frustrated. She doesn't even know how to deal with the director if the magazine with Jisoo's face on it out to the market.

"Aishhh! What are you afraid of? The director is your own father! Ehh~ please. I'm your best friend, right?," Tzuyu now making a sad face.

Mina sighs in defeated.

"Fineeee... But in one condition..," Mina look straight into Tzuyu's eyes.

"What?,"

"Don't be too obvious when you're around him. I can't afford anymore gossips spreading around this building and go to the outside. Moreover, you're an artist. It'll be weird if you interested in Jisoo. They'll think you're trying to make him famous by using your popularity and your good connection with me..," Mina reminds.

"Arasso.. I know it. Don't worry too much..," Tzuyu convinced the latter.

 

"Kim Jisoo-shi?," a husky voice calls Jisoo's name as Jisoo and Jennie were 'talking' at that time.

Jisoo look up after hearing his name. So does Jennie.

"Oh! Miss Mina right?," Jisoo said as he quickly stood up and bow to Mina. Jennie do the same but she done them unwillingly.

"Ehh? Miss Tzuyu?," Jisoo then notice the latter that standing behind Mina is actually Tzuyu. Jennie looks surprise but quickly pulled the cool act.

"Hey. You remember me?," Tzuyu tries to control her excitement.

"Yeah!," Jisoo smile to her. "What are you doing here? Do you have photo shooting too?," he ask.

"Um no. Mina is....,"

"I'm actually calling her for my next project..," Mina cuts their conversation as she's afraid Tzuyu will expose about their friendship. She don't want to look unprofessional though.

"Yeah..," Tzuyu then agrees.

Jennie who's stay silent and watching the three latter in front her from the beginning seems begin to suspects something.

"Oh, Jennie-shi is here too?," Tzuyu just realize Jisoo brings his 'wife' together with him.

Jennie couldn't stop herself from noticing there's a hint of disappointment in Tzuyu's voice.

Jennie fake a big smile as she extends her arm, wanting to shake hands with Tzuyu.

"Hi..," she said. So fake.

"Hi there. It's a pleasure to meet you again..," Tzuyu force a smile too as she's shaking her hand with Jennie's.

"Okay. Are you ready Jisoo?," Mina notice the glares that the two shares. So she decided to cut them off.

"Yes..but can Jennie follow along? I would be really happy if she's there watching me in front of those camera..," Jisoo said as he mockingly smile to Jennie. At the other side, Tzuyu and Mina misunderstood him for being sweet with Jennie.

Tzuyu quickly try to looks cheerful while Jennie almost want to kick Jisoo right on his .

'He just want to show off..,' Jennie knows what Jisoo's real intention.

"Okay. No problem since Tzuyu will be on the set too. We still have something to talks though," Mina kindly expla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter