Chapter 6 : Moves Like Jagger (TaeTeuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Moves Like Jagger

TaeTeuk

SeungHo97

 

 


 

 

            I took a deep breath on the staircase just outside the stage. Just like the first stage, I was nervous. Super Junior debuted years ago, yet I was still feeling like I had to do amazing in this or else I’d wasted all those years of training. When I had finally calmed down, I stood up.

            “Moves like Jagger…” Singing to myself, only remembering those three words, I got up and walked to the back where the rest of Super Generation was.

            “You ready, LeeTeuk Oppa?” Sunny spoke in her high aegyo voice while patting my back. I nodded and grinned, walking away after our small talk.

 

            “LeeTeuk-ah!” I turned around, glancing at where my name was called. I spotted TaeYeon facing my direction. Had she called me? Sora was suddenly in front of me. “Annyong!” She smiled and held my hand.

            “Oh,” I said, half disappointed. “Hey Sora.” TaeYeon had disappeared then. Where did she go?

            “You’re about to perform right?” Sora questioned me, making me focus back to her voice. I nodded in response. “Good luck then, Oppa! Hwaiting!” She gave me a small peck on my check and ran off. Aish…

 

            I walked around, finding something to occupy my when I suddenly met face to face with TaeYeon. The atmosphere was uncomfortable and the silence was unbearable. "Hey, TaeYeon.” I tried, hoping she wouldn’t ignore me.

            “Hello, LeeTeuk sunbae.” Her voice was cold and hard. I’d never heard her voice like this ever. It pierced my ears hearing her talk like this. The pain that was heard in it crushed my heart in to a million pieces.

            “You don’t have to act like this…” Whispering under my voice, I looked away. I didn't like seeing her like this. She scoffed in return.

            “Who said I was acting?” I glanced back now. Her eyes were pure black. Not the light brown I was use to seeing. Her hands were balled up in fists. Her lips pulled back in to a smirk.

            “What’s wrong?” I already knew what was wrong. Of course I did. Everyone knew.

            “Nothing, LeeTeuk-shii. Nothing you need to be concerned of.” Her teeth were now gritted as she replied.

            “How’s this my fault?” I suddenly felt angry. “You’re the one who rejected me!” I shouted in her face. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I felt horrible.

            “It’s not.” TaeYeon spat out with venom. “It’s all my fault. It always is. I’m sorry for bothering you then, LeeTeuk sunbae. I’ll leave you alone now. You won't even have to remember my name.” I heard her voice crack as she finished. 

 

            I watched her walk away, bumping my side while she left. “TaeYeon…” I called her name, hoping she’d stop and listen to what I had to say.

            She didn’t. I watched her join DongHae and the others, preparing for the dance.

            I already knew then that it was too late.

           Too late to find friendship with TaeYeon.

           Too late to apologize to her.      

 

            With that, I watched the girl I love with all my heart walk away from me.