Chapter 3 : The Sun in the Rain (SunSun)

101 Days of Super Generation

Sun in the Rain

SunSun

HerroAwkwardTurtle

 


 

I smiled stupidly as we stood there.

 

Why? Why you ask? Ahaha, it's not that hard to realize once I tell you. Brace yourself. It's pretty much the best thing ever, you'd smile stupidly to.

 

I, Lee Sungmin, was sharing an umbrella with the super cute Lee Soon Kyo. Better known as Sunny. But I'm sure you already know that.

 

SuJu and SNSD were both at the same venue a few minutes earlier and we were all supposed to leave in the same limousine, as we had a super tight schedule ahead of us for the day, and as we all had to be at a venue just 30 minutes away at the same time.

 

However, Sunny went and had a sneeze attack, so full of aegyo, that she crept away (and I followed to scold her). Several minutes later we came back seeing that everyone else had left and the manager had left a note scolding us and saying we'd have to wait outside for the next limousine.

 

...it's raining like crazy outside Sungmin-oppa!” Sunny wailed. “And we only have one umbrella!~”

 

So here we are now, standing alone in the rain outside the building. It was monsoon season, but luckily the rain wasn't too bad from where we were standing.

 

I stood with one arm up, holding the pink umbrella covered in hearts over the both of us with a stupid smile.

 

...I'm cold.” Sunny whispered.

 

So am I,” I responded quietly, shivering.

 

Sunny pouted and pulled her scarf higher, and shoved her hands in her pockets. Her blond hair was being blown in the breeze but it didn't seem out of place at all, and her big doll eyes just attracted my own eyes like magnets. Her small body was easy to fit under the tiny umbrella. Her porcelain skin glowed in the dark weather.

 

She's like a real, living, doll.

 

Suddenly I felt a tug on my jacket sleeve.

 

I looked down to see Sunny with an absolutely aegyo smile spread across her beautiful face.

 

My appa used to tell me moving around when it's cold will make you warmer!” She said cheerily.

 

...OKAY! FIGHTING~” I said, beginning to step to the right slowly.

Soon we were walking in lines, back and forth, back and forth.

 

I was still cold.

 

...forget that idea.” Sunny muttered.

 

...we could sing a song,” I suggested happily. “I always feel warm and happy when I sing or hear people sing.”

 

Sunny smiled like crazy.


“Sun, sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me~” She sang in amazing English.

 

...that warms my heart, but not my hands.” I said sadly.

 

 

Sunny smiled and her hand suddenly grabbed my free one

and our fingers intertwined as we sang that english childrens song over and over again.

 

Little did Sunny realize she was already my sun in that rain.