Chapter 15 : Dancing Shoes (HyoHyuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

Dancing Shoes

HyoHyuk

SeungHo97

 


 

 

                "Happy Birthday, Kim HyoYeon!" I threw imaginary confetti over her head and danced around. She just stared at me like I was the most craziest person alive.

                "Are you okay?" She started giggling and I stopped to grin as well. This girl could have been the most beautiful girl alive if they had promoted her more.

                "Happy Birthday!" I said once again, stopping now. "What are you, 40?"

                "Ha-ha." She added sarcastically. "If I'm 40, then you must be 60. I mean, your dances are getting pretty weak lately, Hyukkie... Maybe it's time to step down as Dancing Machine and pass it along to ... Hmm, I don't know. Maybe the birthday girl?"

                I scoffed at her idea. "As if. I'm still the one and only Dancing machine and no one could beat me." Showing off my muscles, I flexed my arms right in front of her face.

                "Okay, okay. I get it, get that out of my face." She chuckled and pushed my arm back to my side.

               

                "You ready to opwn your present?" I grinned and sat down next to the iPod speakers thrown on the ground. Her face lit up as she saw me pull out a box from behind my bag. Before she could grab it out of my hands, I patted the ground beside me.

                "You little girl." She mumbled then snatched it out of my hands, ripping open the hours and hours worth of wrapping paper.

                "Yah! I took so long to wrap that carefully." I whined as she rolled her eyes.

 

                "No. Freaking. Way." She gasped as she pulled out the brand new Nike's I had purchased for her. "These are the golden ones I was staring at la-"

                "Last time we were at the mall together. I know." I chuckled as she ripped off her old and broken shoes she got from me a few birthdays ago. "Wow, you just throw them away like it's garbage." I added hurt and pain to my voice. Of course, she ignored me.

                "There a size too big but I'll grow." HyoYeon grinned and her eyes curved into half crescents. Even if Tiffany was known for her eye smiles, HyoYeon had owned a set of her own.

                "Do you like it?" She sat back down but kept admiring her new pair of sneakers.

                "Yeah. Love it. Thanks, oppa!" She brought her knees up and stared at them even closer.

                "The shoes are amazing ..." I started and grinned widely. "But how about this oppa?" I pointed at myself. "I mean, this guys pretty awesome."

                "Aish." HyoYeon pushed me, making me fall on my side. "You're such a dork." She laughed as I got up. "By the way, good thing you dyed your hair to red."

                "Hmm?" I asked as she grabbed her bag and pulled something out. Something red.

               

                 "You.. Bought me red sneakers." I asked as she dropped them in my hands. I stared at it with my mouth wide open.

                "Careful there, you might drop some drool on there." She giggled again as I quickly shut my mouth. "It's just a pre-We Got Married gift, you know?" HyoYeon jabbed my ribs and wiggled her eyebrow. "Who's the lucky girl?"

                I slipped them on while she was talking. Perfect fit. "Wow."

                "What?" She asked as I concentrated back to her question.

                "Oh, just ... Wow." I couldn't even focus.

                "Hello?" HyoYeon waved her hand in front of my face. "Earth to EunHyuk, Earth to EunHyuk, HyoYeon needs an answer."

               

                I grinned, gums showing, and asked "Why? You jealous?"

                "Hell yes." She punched me and laughed. "Daaaaaaang. This girl better treat you right."

                "Pff, no one can beat my Dancing Queen." The words escaped my lips before I could take them back.

                But of course, having the nick name Kim Choding, she took it as a joke. "My dancing queen. eh? I better be your favourite dongsaeng, Oppa."

                "Of course." I reassured her. "I love the sneakers, Hyo. Thanks."

                "No prob." She chuckled and got up, grabbing her bag and my now ripped open gift. "Gotta run, the girls are holding a party."

                Her face was suddenly next to mine as she began to whisper in my ear. "And thank you for the golden sneakers. I love them. My new personal favourite. Dont' tell the girls or else they'll beat me." I could barely hear her over my fast beating heart.

                Laughing once again, she pulled back, waved, and left the room.

 

                After regaining composure, I shook my head and chuckled, pulling myself back up and hitting play on the iPod speakers. "Party Rock Anthem" played loudly as I tied the shoelacess tightly, remembering to take extra care for them since it was from HyoYeon.

 

                Dancing shoes. Who knew they'd be such an important part in life?