Chapter 41: Scandal (HyoHyuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

Scandal

HyoHyuk

SeungHo97

This is probably gonna have a sequel so (:


 "Tsk, tsk." TaeYeon shook her head from side to side. Another scandal. She moved her cursor over the allkpop link and waited for the page to load. The title had caught her eye, but like any other occasion she made sure she wasn't quick to make assumptions. As she read through the article, she found herself in disbelief, "How could he be so careless...?" Tiffany noticed TaeYeon muttering to herself again at the computer. She made her way towards her and read over her shoulder. And like her sister, Tiffany found herself baffled as well. "Can you believe him? How could he do this?" 

"HyoYeon's going to be hurt when she see this, TaeYeon-ah... What do we do?" She drew her eyebrows together. TaeYeon leaned back in her chair and sighed. Neither of them knew how to respond. And both of them didn't want to be near the two when the storm had hit. "EunHyuk owes an explanation." 

"For what?" A new voice was heard and both of the girls turned around to see HyoYeon there, bags of groceries in her hands. She placed the bags on the counter and walked towards the computer, "Oohh! What's new on allkpop? Anything about us?" Before TaeYeon could close the window, HyoYeon had taken over the mouse and scrolled to the top of the page. "What's this?" She questioned aloud. Her quick eyes skimmed the title and confusion replaced her excitement. HyoYeon quickly read the rest of the article before standing upright.

Tiffany looked at her eyes. Pain was all she could read. "Hyo... Forget him. You could do so much better than him."

"I couldn't though." HyoYeon barely managed out of . "I should've known. Who'd have a crush on me, right?" The side of her lips twitched. "Did you guys know this?"

"That he was with IU? No. I'm so sorry, HyoYeon." TaeYeon got up to hug her. She backed up and tried her best to smile. It had always amazed TaeYeon how HyoYeon could smile so much, then she realized most of the time they were fake smiles. She hid a lot behind her happiness. Inside, HyoYeon was just as broken as anyone else. Her eyes began to water slightly.

"It's no big deal. We weren't even an item so I shouldn't be sad over this. I'll talk to him later, I guess." She turned around and walked slowly to the kitchen and yelled out, "Who wants dinner?" Tiffany and TaeYeon both looked at each other, worried for their sister.

 

--

 

"How is she? We hurried home when we watched the news in the dressing room." Yoona ran through the door and threw her jacket aside, not caring where it would land. "Where is she?" The rest of the girls piled in after her, all carrying the same worry in their minds - especially SeoHyun who was best friends with HyoYeon for years. They knew each other inside out, and for one of them to be hurt caused the other to feel the same pain. 

"She's in her room and hasn't came out since we finished the dishes." Tiffany got up and hung up Yoona's coat. "I don't know what to do... Hyo has liked HyukJae for the last five years, and to find out about this through the news..." Devastation cut her short.

SooYoung sighed loudly, "That guy... What's so good about him anyway? He hasn't even taken notice of HyoYeon's obsession over him yet they're together most of the time." One of the girls told her to quiet down.

"HyoYeon might hear you." Jessica's icy voice slid through the room, "It's not EunHyuk's fault. He's as oblivious as can be." They all nodded as they knew how clumsy he was.

HyoYeon had been crushing on EunHyuk for years. They'd always hang out together in the dance room after all their schedules, despite how tired they were and he'd walk her back to the dorm when it got too dark out. HyoYeon never had the guts to confess though. EunHyuk had been known for his way with girls and she was unsure if he was like this with a lot of girls. All the members saw how she was when she was with him though. Her eyes lit up when he walked into the room and they were clouded with innocent lust. When he was absent, she'd sulk to the corner, completely different from her energetic self. Hyo would do anything for his attention, and she'd easily get it due to his playful personality. But no one could blame EunHyuk for being who he was.

"So, what do we do?" Sunny spoke out loud. No one had an answer to that question. They sat together in the living room, all barely fitting in the tiny space. Jessica leaned back on the couch, restless from the day's schedule. When suddenly her phone began to vibrate. She groaned and pulled the phone to her face.

"Hello?" She grumbled unconsciously into the phone.

"Um. Hey, Sica." The familiar voice responded from the other line. Jessica's eyes opened clearly and she sat up.

"What the hell were you thinking, HyukJae?" This caught everyone's attention. Anger filled each and every one of the girls. They all reached out for the phone but Jessica pushed everyone's hands away and pressed the speaker phone button so everyone could hear. 

"What? Oh, the article. Yeah, about that..." SeoHyun was enraged. How could he so calm about it? "By chance, did... Did HyoYeon see it?"

"Yes." Jessica's voice was sharp and blunt. "How could you?" She didn't care for being nice at the moment. If anything, the members didn't have to worry due to Sica's straightforwardness.

"What do you mean? When did you get so concerned about who I was dating?" Yuri scoffed loudly at him and hissed into the phone.

"It's not us that's concerned, you moron. It's HyoYeon." Everyone elbowed her but TaeYeon quickly re-worded Yuri,

"She's your best friend! Hyo's been depressed that you couldn't tell her yourself." Her eyes shifted to SooYoung, who was so close to throwing swears. "When were you planning on telling?"

"Ok, well... I wasn't planning on telling her." SooYoung had it and she stood up and headed for the door. Sunny grabbed her arm and sat her back down. We all had the same thought, we'd get him later. "IU and I wanted to keep it a secret."

"That you guys were having without telling your members?" Tiffany laughed. "How childish."

"Shut up, Fany. Be a little more open minded, it's my first relationship in a long time." EunHyuk was frustrated.  The door behind us opened and our heads turned all at once to find a blonde standing at the doorway. Jessica quickly grabbed the phone and hung up. 

"Who's at the phone?" Her voice croaked and TaeYeon could literally hear everyone's heart crack. She stared Hyo's face. Her eyes were swollen from crying but she tried her best to hide it. "Guys?" Jessica shook her head and told her no one. "C'mon, you guys don't have to hide it. How's he doing with the press?" The members met eyes. Should we tell her? And with horrible timing, Sica's phone rang again. Her eyes widened again and she tried her best to ignore it. "Answer it, Jessica! What if it's him...?"

"Ah, right..." She hesitantly took out the ringing phone and clicked the answer button and put it on speaker mode again. Sica set the phone in the middle of the room and sat carefully back in her spot. "Hello?"

"Why'd you hang up?" His voice echoed in the silent room as we looked at HyoYeon for her reaction. Her face slightly twitched but she walked towards the phone.

"EunHyuk, is that you?" SeoHyun couldn't bare looking at her best friend. She was hurt, hurt bad. "It's Hyo." She called out.

"Oh... Hey, HyoYeon. I was just about to ask for you... How are you?" Yoona's fist were balled up as HyoYeon sat down next to her with a blank stare. She wrapped an arm around her unnie in encouragement.

"Could be better. I found out about you and IU! When were you planning on tell me?" Her laugh was light and short as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "What kind of best friend gets a girlfriend and doesn't tell me?"

"I was planning to, I really was!" Jessica scoffed loudly, "But I've been totally busy with schedules this week." We all knew that was a lie. Super Junior was on a break since they wanted to spend time with their family."And you never tell me anything too about who you like and stuff." It got uncomfortable. 

"Yeah, I guess not! How far have you guys gotten? Hold hands yet?" The girls all knew where this would end up, and neither of them could stop it from happening.

"I've been over at her house, Hyo..."

"You've been to my place a gazillion times too!" Innocent as a dove, HyoYeon replied to her best friend.

"But not for the same reason... HyoYeon." It sunk in and she finally caught on. Everyone noticed.

"Okay, it's time to hang up, bye HyukJae." Yuri quickly concluded and hung up on him. They sat in silence, not knowing what to say or how to cheer HyoYeon up. She was the first to speak, "Hyo-"
"It's no big deal, like I said. I'll get over him, just like you all wanted. I'm going to bed now." She quickly got up and rushed to her room, but before she shut her door she sighed and turned towards us. "Was I really that stupid to go for someone so much better than me? Did he even look at me like the way I looked at him?" The sisters looked at each other and back at her, but HyoYeon already knew the answer as tears began to fill her eyes again. "Right, should've known. Good night guys." Hyo slammed her door and the ladies continued to stay frozen until they heard quiet sobs seep into the living room.

"I can't stand her crying."  SeoHyun mumbled while pulling her knees to her chest. Everyone agreed. HyoYeon had always been the happy one of the 9. Whenever someone was depressed, she'd know exactly what to say and do. Now that she was the one sad, everyone was clueless. Every single one of the girls had one question roaming in their head.

What do we do?