Chapter 2 : Back Into Reality (TaeTeuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Back Into Reality
TaeTeuk
SeungHo97
 

      I sat in the waiting room, staring up at the large monitor above me. It lit up with sapphire blue light sticks and a crowd full of fans. Fans that were mostly girls, might I add.  Super Junior was up next and loud roars were heard from even inside. I chuckled quietly as the rest of the girls gathered around just to watch the performance. Some stopped their make-up artists just to watch. 
 
     "봐라 Mr. Simple, Simple 그대는 그대는 그대로 멋져," the girls sang along with Super Junior loudly. I grinned to myself, seeing my sisters having so much fun. They clapped loudly and smiled just like the ELFs out in the audience. Just as LeeTeuk's part came up, I couldn't resist looking away. The pinch that came to my chest was just too much. I felt the stares of 8 others on me. His part was up and I looked up casually back to the television.
 
     "TaenGoo," Tiffany pulled her eyebrows together. "Are you okay?" Her concern spilled out to me. She asked the question that was in the other girls' eyes.
     "Yeah." I half-smiled. "Perfectly fine. Now, keep watching!" I faked another grin and pointed back to the screen. The girls laughed lightly and followed my gaze back. Exhaling quietly, I zoned everything around me. 
    
      Was this really happening? Or was it all just a nightmare? From Hello Baby and We Got Married ... How could two pretend shows pull two people apart? To stop two friends from talking? It started from us just texting everyday, until the point where we don't even look at each other. Every time Super Junior and Girls' Generation met up, it felt as if we were meters apart. Like we were never friends. Like we didn't know each other. I felt my heart tighten up just thinking about it. How could LeeTeuk do something like this? Did my confession mean nothing to him? Why did he brush it off like that? Did I mean nothing to him?
    
      I focused back to the present. To reality. It was almost our turn up so we all grabbed our things and left the room, leaving nothing behind. I followed the girls out, bowing to the seniors and sunbaes I spotted. The hallway was filled with chatter as we went deeper down. Glancing up, I saw Super Junior walking past us, LeeTeuk at the back, just like I was. SiWon, being the kind man he is, greeted all of us, patting my back as he passed me. I grinned and nodded my head to each one of them. Until I was face-to-face with LeeTeuk. Our eyes met for a split second. The atmosphere was suddenly tense. I felt myself light-headed.
   
      TaeYeon?" I thought I heard him say. "Are you okay?" The back of his hand pressed against my forehead as his face was full of worry. LeeTeuk fanned me with his other hand. "Are you worrying about the performance? Don't, you'll do great! Just like we promised, don't even break a sweat." He grinned with his left dimple showing.
     "Oppa?" The words escaped out of my lips. I suddenly heard HyoYeon's voice yelling my name.
     "TaeYeon? Why are you just standing there?" HyoYeon called out. I glanced behind me and saw the SuJu oppas entering their waiting room.
      Was that all a dream? Just a figment of my imagination? I clutched my chest as the sharp pain hit my heart again. HyoYeon grabbed my hand and dragged me away.
     
      Away from the hallway.
 
      Away from the scene.
 
      Away from the memory.