Chapter 27 : Pinky Promise (HyoHyuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Pinky Promise

HyoHyuk

SeungHo97

 



 

 

                “Hey, babe. I’ll be coming late tonight due to the WGM  shooting. Sorry, hun. Talk to you later.”

 

How many minutes did I think I had to wait outside in the snowy night? 5 or 10 minutes top.  He still wasn’t here after half an hour.

Ideas in my mind varied. Should I just ditch? What if he came right after I left? This would be the first time I see him in a while after all. I’ll wait just a couple minutes.

 

A couple minutes turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it’d be.

 I wasn’t expecting to wait 45 dang minutes for some stupid pabo to come. Screw this.

 

Standing up, I zipped my coat zipper higher up and shoved my hands in my pocket, regretting even showing up. My face was almost numb and I couldn’t feel my fingers. My hair had hints of ice in it due to the shower I had taken just before. My toes had completely turned to icicles.

 

Screw you, DooJoon.

 

“Hyo!” I heard a yell coming from behind me. Of course, it was the voice of who I’d been waiting for all night.

“Now you show up.” I mumbled but continued to walk towards my dorm, not going very quickly due to the mountains of snow that was on the sidewalk.

“HyoYeon!” He called out again, now his car had pulled up beside me. I ignored him, pretending that he wasn’t even there. His car window had rolled down while he poked his head out. “What are you doing!? Get in the car!”

“With you?” I grumbled and faced him from the corner of my eye. “No thank you.” I heard the car stop and a door open then shut. He was suddenly beside me, grabbing onto my arm and dragging me to the silver Lexus. “Let go.” I tried my hardest to pry his hands from my elbow.

“No. Hurry up and get in.” He opened the door and waited for me to climb in the passenger seat.

I didn’t move an inch. “No.”

DooJoon exhaled loudly and pulled me harshly in the car and slammed the car door shut. In a matter of seconds, he was by my side. Before I could make any signs of escape, he clicked the automatic door lock.

Click.

 

“Crap.” I grumbled and sat with my arms cross, not bothering to move or face him.

“Seatbelt.” He ordered me. Groaning at my stubbornness, he reached over and pulled the band across my body, securing it with a snap. He sat back up and placed his hands on the wheel.

“Hyo-“ He started as we were back on the road, driving towards Girls’ Generation’s dorm. “I’m really sorry about tonight. Things… Things were busy.”

“Yeah,” I spoke for the first time in the silent car. “I’m sure you’re sorry as you were going out with another chick.”

“HyoYeon, you know it’s just a show.” DooJoon snapped at me. He clearly wasn’t in a happy mood too. “Give me a break.”

 

Looking at him with a shocked expression, I sighed loudly. “Give you a break? I waited outside for almost an hour. If you didn’t want to show up, you could have just called.” I said quietly.

“Why wouldn’t I want to see you?” His faced turned momentarily to me then back on the slippery road.

“Why would you? Compared to the girl you were paired up with, I’m nothing.” I looked down to my lap where my hands were neatly folded as I twirled my thumbs. The heat from the car was quickly warming up my frozen fingers and toes.

“Please,” He scoffed. “If I wanted her, I would’ve broken up with yo-“ DooJoon stopped quickly, realizing what he had said.

 

I was always known as the tough one. The one that never cried- Or at least in front of people. But his words were harsh.

I was just someone he’d come to when he was alone.

 

Nothing more.

 

If he had found someone better, he’d just leave me.

“Stop the car.” I said aruptly.

“Wh-“

 

“Just stop the freaking car.” My voice rose as I got more and more frustrated. The car pulled up the side of the road. I could walk; we were only couple blocks away from my dorm. No problem.

Yanking the door lock open, I pushed the door open with my foot and hopped out, leaving the door open behind me. Stupid guys, never know what to do or say. Pulling my scarf around me, I walked quickly, ignoring the immediate pain that hit my feet. Heels and snow, not a good pair that’s for sure.

“Piece of..” I said to myself while practically running down the sidewalk, half expecting DooJoon to run after me.

He didn’t.

 

“Douche bag.” I swore in my mind while pulling my hood over my head. “The hell, I wasted my time.”

Passing by the 7/11 across the street, I heard someone call my name. “HyoYeon!” Whipping my head to the right, I spotted a red headed fellow jogging towards me.

 

“EunHyuk Oppa?”

 



 

 

“HyoYeon, why are you out so late?” I had my thick winter jacket on, warming me up right as I got out of the store and into the freezing night.

“Why are YOU out so late?” She jabbed a finger to my chest.

“LeeTeuk’s out with TaeYeon so I gotta wait for him.” I rolled my eyes and grinned. “You?”

“Failed date?” She chuckled embarrassedly.

 

Date?

 

HyoYeon went on a date? What?

 

“You went out on a date…”I began and looked right into her eyes. “Without telling me?”

“Eh… Yeah. I’ve been sorta going out with him for a while. I think it’s over though.”

“Who and what?” Instantly, I was completely protective over her. Not because I liked her …

“DooJoon. He left me outside for an hour as he went out with another girl.” HyoYeon shrugged, just like she always shrugged off her other problems. I knew her inside and out, she was not happy.

 

“Where’s the B2ST dorm? I’ll beat him up.”

“Psh, you wish oppa, He’s double your size!” She hit my arm lightly.

“Yah! I’m not called the anchovy for nothing.” I grinned widely and she smiled back.

 

It was then I realized where we were. And what she was wearing.

“What the hell are you doing? Wearing high heels in the winter?”

“Ah that...” She looked down to where I was gazing at. “The girls told me to look fancy. Meh.”

“You stupid kid.” I took off my coat and wrapped it around her.

 

“I’m stupid?! You’re dumb, what are YOU wearing now!?” HyoYeon tried to take the coat off and give it back to me, but I held it in place.

“It’s all good. I’m so hot that I feel no cold.” That was obviously the worst lie I could come up with. The cold rose the hairs from my neck and arms in matter of seconds. “But we should hurry back home.”

“Aish, I knew you’re cold. Here.” She grabbed my hand and wrapped it around hers. “The least I could do.” She shrugged and began to drag me to the building around the corner.

The walk there was … Interesting. Let’s just say my heart stopped beating for a couple minutes due to the skin ship.

 

“We’re finally home~ Home sweet home.”I watched the dork take out her keys and quietly open the door, leaving it open for me to come in.

Awkwardly, I walked in SNSD’s dorm. They had a strict No Guys Allowed rule. But rules are meant to be broken.

“So, where’s everyone?” The dorm was completely pitch black and silent. Which was different from the usual loud and rowdy SNSD’s dorm I was use to hearing about.

 

“Out with their boyfriends.” She said, a little bit bitter sweet.

“Ah.” I watched HyoYeon hang up my coat near the door while putting hers in a closet nearby. “So, uhm.” Following the petite girl to the living room, I the nearest switch and watched the lights flicker a bit before completely lighting up the room. We both sat on the couch while HyoYeon leaned back and the TV, acting very roomy at the moment.

“Relax, man.” She smiled and pushed my back against the couch. Her touch tingled my collar bone from where she had met contact with me. “Act as if you are here all the time.”

 

I wish.

 

The small room was filled with quiet laughter from the television. I couldn’t be sure if it was my heart thudding loudly or it was part of the movie. Hopefully, it was the TV. I glanced swiftly at HyoYeon, who, might I say, was looking mighty fine. She didn’t seem to notice the loud beating as much as I was distracted by it. Whew.

 

“So, Hyukkie.” Her voice suddenly broke the silence as we both faced each other. “Any blind dates recently?”

“Naw, no one’s for me.” I joked with her.

“Really? Why not? You look great these days. That red really suits your face.” She smiled.

 

Like a dang angel.

Frick.

 

“Oh really? Date me then!” I laughed lightly, trying to set the mood.

“I would if I could. Don’t want your fan girls chasing after me though.” She elbowed me and giggled.

“Nah, I’m sure we’d be fine.”

 

Oh shoot. Did it sound too serious?

 

“Really now?”

“Uhm, haha.” Nervously, I escaped a chuckle through my shaking teeth. I saw her frown then sit up straight, facing me.

“Hyuk, be honest with me…”

 

This is the moment, HyukJae. Now’s the time. “Yeah?”

“Do you like Gyuri. Like actually! I think you’d be the cutest couple.” Her face brightened up while mine lowered.

“Hm? Oh no, she’s not.. The one in my eyes.” I tried to distract her by pointing at the TV.

 

“Oppa! You like someone!? Tell me~” Her aegyo voice came in power though. She knew my weakness.

“It’s no one, HyoYeon. Just a crush.” More like love. I scoffed as she sighed and leaned back.

“Fine, just tell me when it’s actually more than a crush, ok?” She held out a pinky, indicating that it was a promise that had to be kept.

 

“You kid.” I grinned but interlocked our fingers while my heart pounded against my chest.

“Promise?” was in a straight line. She was serious about this.

 

She’ll know about my feelings.

 

I’ll tell her.

 

One day.

 

 

“Promise.”