Chapter 28 : Sweeter Than Sweet Potatoes (SeoKyu)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Sweeter Than Sweet Potatoes.

SeoKyu

HerroAwkwardTurtle

---

 

Can I open my eyes nowwww?” I whined, but Kyuhyun wouldn't let it happen. His hands clamped even firmer over my eyes.

 

Shhhh Seo-Ssi, just a few seconds...” He said, turning me around a corner, and I could feel us walking up stairs.

 

My heart beat ran faster and faster as we continued ascending up steps. Each step my heart burst with more and more anticipation, as Kyuhyun's warm breath made my cheeks warm. One step, two step, my heart beat more with each step.

 

We're here.”

 

Finally Kyuhyun's hands lifted off of my face and we were standing on the rooftop of SM Entertainment, and you could see the city lights below shining like stars in the ground. There was nothing up there but a table with a red-and-white checkered picnic blanket, two chairs, a basket

 

and he and I.

 

Spelled in candles on the ground, was:

 

Happy birthday, Seohyun.”

 

I turned around and hugged my wonderful boyfriend, unable to express my gratitude. He hugged me back and we stood there in each others arms as the 'stars on the ground' illuminated the night sky.

 

He pulled away and gently leaned back in to kiss my lips with a single motion, softer than anything I could ever imagine.

 

I stared into his eyesmiles and laughed, loving him even more than I thought was possible.

 

Let's go eat the meal I made,” He said happily, taking my hand and walking me over to the table.

 

Like a gentleman, he pulled out a chair and motioned for me to sit down. I sat down and he pushed it in, like a corny American movie from the 20's.

 

My dress, which was knee-length and a soft blue, was shimmering with the lights of the city. It was making the whole experience so bright and shiny that it made Kyuhyun look like an angel as he opened the basket.

 

Now for our appetizer.”

 

He took out a small metal tray, and my heart leaped with joy. I couldn't wait to see what Kyuhyun had prepared.

 

SWEET POTATO FRIES.”

 

I couldn't help it. I died laughing.

 

Go on, try one! I had to throw away a bunch so I could give you the best...” He pouted.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, I could not even recognize the black rectangular prisms on the plate. If anything it looked like burned bread, not french fries. Or sweet potatoes.

 

But since I loved him so much I took one and ate it anyway.

 

  1. didn't know things could taste this bad...

 

How is it?” Kyuhyun asked me, his eyes like a puppy's.

 

They taste full of love,” I choked.

 

There was silence as I forced the black lump down my throat.

 

...Okay I know they tasted terrible, forget those. ON TO THE NEXT COURSE!” He said enthusiastically.

 

What are we having?” I asked, ready to hear the worse.

 

Oh, just a sweet potato salads...” Kyuhyun said lovingly, taking the next trays out of the basket.

 

I high fived myself inside. I was glad it wasn't something you actually had to cook, I was glad that I didn't have to suffer through something like that again.

 

Here you go~”

 

Underneath my nose, the unmistakable smell of strong garlic filled my nose, and my eyes began to water. I looked down at the plate beneath me.

 

...that's quite a lot of garlic kimchi,” I said, trying not to moan.

 

Garlic is good with promoting health of the heart!” Kyuhyun said, smiling and pointing to the shredded sweet potato over lettuce on the plate.

 

I wanted to cry.

 

I'm honestly not that fond of garlic,” I told him quietly, picking the stuff on my plate around.

 

Kyuhyun looked up, shocked. He didn't even take a bite, he simply smiled and began taking out the last course.

 

Desert time~” He said, sounding happy still.

...I love you so much, you know that?” I told him, admiring his willpower.

 

I know that. You know I love you too, right?” Kyuhyun said, putting our salads away.

 

I stood up and tenderly kissed his cheek. “I can't wait for dessert...”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and took out a plate with a cover.

 

You open it.”

 

I opened it. And on the silver plate was a ring.

 

...no way...” I whispered, staring at the amethyst ring in awe.

 

I turned to my side, but Kyuhyun was already down on one knee.

 

“I know that dinner , but that was the point. Not everything in life comes on a silver platter and turns out good. But in the end, I want you to know that I love you, and I think you love me more than you love sweet potatoes. So I wanted this to be the sweetest moment you've ever had.”

 

I was crying already.

 

Will you marry me?” He asked me.

 

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.”

 

I hopped into his arms after the ring enveloped my finger, and we stood there as I cried.

 

“You're sweeter than sweet potatoes,” I choked as I cried.

 

Nahhhh. I got us reservations at a fancy pants restaurant for after you said yes,” Kyuhyun winked. “Sweet potatoes galore for you and me.”

 

...you're still sweeter than sweet potatoes.”