Chapter 42: Legally Blonde (HyoHyuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

Legally Blonde

HyoHyuk

SeungHo97


 

Anxiousness drowned me as I shut my bathroom door quietly, nervous hands shaking as the audible click registered in my ear. My dad was away on a business trip and wouldn't be back until the weekend, and mom had to stay after work for some technical issues with her computer. That gave me almost the whole night to get this over with. I fumbled open the cabinet under my sink and searched around. The back of the cupboard touched my finger tips, and right under was the cardboard box I was looking for. "Gotcha," my voice grunted as I gripped onto the box and pulled. Landing on my , the box flew into my chest and popped open, spilling it's containments all over the floor. "God, I'm so clumsy." I exhaled loudly and threw everything on the counter, making sure I had picked up everything, then shut the cabinet and stood up.

"Now, HyoYeon," my crazed eyes were shouting regret as I glanced at the mirror, "you want this. You know you can't turn back after doing this, so man up." I ripped through the instructions and glimpsed through it before chucking it to the side. "Who needs instructions anyway?" Chuckling like a maniac, I twisted the lid off the bottle with ease and mixed everything together. The next thing I knew, I had gloves on and a fairly smelly bottle in my hand. "Holy. What am I even doing?" The smell of bleach raided my nose, forcing me to crack open the window. How long have I been dreaming to do this? Who knew being blonde would take so much commitment...?

"No, HyoYeon. This will make him notice you." I kept telling myself as the memory slowly slipped into my mind.

 

-

 

"EunHyuk!" I yanked the door open with ease and skipped into the dance room. There he was. His ever so charming self laying in the middle of the floor. My feet made their way toward him, taking a seat right next to him.

"Hey, Hyo. I'm exhausted." He yawned loudly and glanced at me. When his eyes met mine, I blushed insanely and looked away. "Got anything for me?"

"Oh right!" My hand reached into my bag and handed him his strawberry milk. "I just got this at the store next door." EunHyuk shone his bright gummy smile and sat up, lightly snatching the beverage from my hand and snapping the cap off. He nodded towards me then gulped half of it before taking a breath.

"Geez, this is paradise." He leaned back on one elbow and looked back at me. "Did you do anything today?" Not being able to hear his question, I focused on the milk moustache that was left on his upper lip. "HyoYeon, you still with me, haha?" Without realizing it, I leaned forward, my face only inches from his, and wiped my thumb across his lip, removing the excess liquid from his face. "Uh." I could feel my face burn and I became incredibly embarrassed.

"Oh gosh, EunHyuk I'm so sorry. You had some milk left on your face an-" Quickly, the words stumbled from my mouth as I tried to explain my self. I was soon cut off though with his loud laugh.

"It's alright." With grace, he pryed himself up and walked towards his bag, throwing the drink roughly in and slinging it over his shoulder. "Hey, I have somewhere to be I'll talk to you later, alright?"

"Date?" My voice came out  all squeaky and weird, he didn't notice though. Or at least I don't think he did.

"Yeah, haha. I'll call you later." He slammed the door behind him, taking my heart with him. 

 

What was so good about the other girls anyway? I bet they didn't dance as well as me, and they probably didn't know him as well as he did.

I mean, what am I thinking? Of course they're better than me. Probably smarter, richer, and obviously prettier. God, when did being pretty become such a huge deal?  My eyes looked at the mirror, and reflecting back was an immature child sitting on the floor. With typical straight bangs and long wavy hair that I have had since elementary. I saw she wasn't what men liked; I looked like a middle schooler. Guys like EunHyuk liked girls that were attractive - y, in fact. And to be frank, I wasn't going to cut it. 

Besides, I was looking for a new style anyway. Why not?

 

-

 

"I'm such a retaaaaard." I paced around my washroom for a good five minutes before finally stopping. "Whatever, if this turns out bad, then who cares? Not like anyone looks at me anyway. I could always dye it back." And then there I was. Squirting away at my hair, the bleached burned my skin but it was worth it. I soon finished and after cleaning everything up, I sat on my couch and reevaluated the whole decision. It's safe to say I sat there for an hour and a half panicking. Right when my alarm rang, my legs raced into the bathroom and under the tub's faucet went my head. The cool water froze as it rinsed out everything from my hair. I snatched a nearby towel, rubbed furiously against my hair, not daring to open my eyes. Dropping the towel, my eyes stared into the bathroom tiles. "On 3, whip your head up and look in the mirror. Don't worry, you probably don't look too bad. One... Two..." And on three, I whipped my head back, my hair falling back with it, and I bore holes into my mirror. "What?"

The eyes that met in the dancing room wasn't the same as the ones that I saw now. These strangers eyes were wide with something I couldn't read - possibly wonderment. Her straight bangs were grown out and pushed to the side, only leaving a side swept style. I grabbed the blow dryer and hurriedly blew hot air into my hair. Once it was dry, I threw it aside and straightened the rest of my hair. When I finished, I sighed and dared to look back at the mirror again. Taking a step back, a sigh escaped my lips. Who was this person? My face looked the same, yet it certainly had a new factor to it. And for the first time in a long time, I felt confident. I didn't think I was drop dead gorgeous, but I felt... Decent.

That night I slept in bliss, just dreaming about what my fellow trainees would say. What EunHyuk would think. What if he didn't like it? Oh god, this is going to be a long night.

 

 

--

 

"Oh sorry, only people working in this building can come in." The administrator stopped me at the door and gently pushed me back.

"Mrs. Kim? It's me! HyoYeon..." Her eyes literally popped out of her sockets as she realized it was only me. "I know, I look really weird, but can I go in now..?" My fingers dug into my skin as she slowly nodded. My feet took quick steps and pulled the hood on me tighter, trying to hide my hair from everyone. From the distance, I heard LeeTeuk call my name but I hid my eyes and made a quick nod before continuing to the locker room. I finally got there and shut the door, locking it behind me. "Thank god." My back against the door, I pulled the hood off my head and walked towards my locker. "Geez, how am I going to face everyone?" I shoved my bag and sweater in slowly as I could. "HyoYeon, it's inevitable. You're going to have to go out there sooner or later, and you might as well now when there aren't too many people around." The voice whispered in my ear; she was telling the truth. I silently shut the locker and headed for the door, taking one step at a time. The door cracked open before I could reach the handle and there stood SooYoung.

"What... Is going on with your hair?" Her voice barely managed out of before she broke out into hysterical laughter. "Oh my god, you look ridiculous." She grabbed for her stomach and hunched over, chuckling even louder now. I groaned loudly and leaned on one foot before she finally stood up properly and wiped the tear forming from her eye. "No, I'm totally kidding Hyo. You actually look really hot right now."

"Too late for that now... It was an impulse decision, and I'm sooo screwed now." She sighed and ruffled my hair a bit.

"I think it looks amazing. It just shocked me, that's all... Wait." Her eyebrow rose and she had a devious smirk on, "Is this for you know who?"

"What?" I walked around her, "Why would I ever do this for him? It's just hair." Nervously, my fingers began twirling my hair.

"Oho, I see how it is. Well, you better get at it, I'm sure he's already here." SooYoung pushed me out of the locker room, with a little more than a friendly shove. I mumbled a swear but followed down the long hallway. Many trainees stopped what they were doing and stared as I walked by. Shoot, I knew I shouldn't have done this.

The cafeteria was packed - of course, when was it not? Stumbling toward my table, I met with seven other girls, my best friends to be exact. They all had the same expression on their face, and my cheeks burned from embarrassment. "Let me explain-"

"OH MY GOD."
"YOUR HAIR."
"WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"DUDE YOU LOOK SO GOOD."
"Oh my god, can you guys shut up for one second and let me talk?" I sounded extremely irritated unintentionally, but that shut them up. "I don't know why I did it, and I know I look insane but just relax." They all shifted their eyes amongst each other before TaeYeon spoke up.

"I think you look beautiful, Hyo. You look stunning, and a lot more confident. Blonde suits you since you're pale!" I blushed again before thanking her quietly. "Anyway, let's hurry and eat before we practice!" They all ran to the buffet table near the front of the room. I exhaled loudly, maybe this won't be too bad after all. Every one that I walked past would comment on how different I look - how prettier I look now. A smile formed from my lips and I couldn't stop grinning the whole day. Despite the long practice that day, I felt good. "Good night guys, see you tomorrow." TaeYeon called out as we everyone left but me, "You coming HyoYeon?"

"In a sec, I'm just gonna practice a bit more! I'll see you tomorrow, Taeng." She laughed and said night before shutting the door. Cranking up the radio, I began dancing again. Not the type of dances we would practice, but the ones I'd enjoy - not that I didn't like the dances we did as a group, though. It was only briefly I began dancing before hearing a knock on the door. "I thought you guys left already!" I turned around and met eyes with EunHyuk. "Oh, oppa..." His eyes widened and he dropped his bag on the floor. He doesn't like it, of course he doesn't. "I know I look weird, just ignore it." His eyes adjusted and he picked up his bag then walked towards me, only being inches from me, I could feel his hot breath against my face. EunHyuk's hand brushed through my hair.

"No.." His lips twitched slightly, "It looks nice." He moved his hand from my hair and took a step back.

"Really?" I grinned. He smiled back and nodded. "Thank god, I was totally worried everyone would think I'm weird."

"Hah, I just think you're gorgeous." Just that made the blood rush to my face. "Hey, let's forget practice and go out tonight, sound good?" EunHyuk bent down and turned off the stereo before pulling an arm around my shoulder. I looked up and saw his gummy smile I loved so much. 


"Sounds perfect, oppa."

 

 

 

 

 

terrible ending I know, dont penalize me for it.