Chapter 10 : You're It! (TaeTeuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

You're It!

HerroAwkwardTurle

A fluffy TaeTeuk fic.

 

 

Name one thing then, Taeyeon.” His warm breath tickled my cheeks as we lay there, under the starry sky.

 

“Hmm... okay, I got it!” I exclaimed. “What do I think about jellyfish?”

 

Leeteuk laughed heartily as he turned over to face me. His milky cheeks were dirtied with the soil everywhere around us, as we were lying on a grassy hill. Leeteuk's hair was the biggest mess ever, with all the static his hair up to make it look like a little mohawk, which make me giggle. His tight fitting v-neck shirt was messed up too, but I had never seen him so happy.

 

Being the absolutely cute person you are,” Leeteuk said, poking my nose, which was my 'laughing button'. “You love jellyfish. You think they're really cute, despite the fact that if they sting you you get hurt.”

 

...correct!” I said, giggling as he started poking my sides as a punishment.

 

I told you~!” Leeteuk said, laughing as we started having a tickle fight. “You and I know each other so well now, I can tell you everything about yourself.”

 

I told you we'd trip and fall if we tried to run down this hill,” I said, with a matter-of-factly face.

 

You were right, but hey, I like where we are at the moment,” Leeteuk said, his lopsided smile just inches away from mine.

 

In the intensity of the moment, I couldn't help but smile at the distance between us. The thing was, there was no distance. Leeteuk was my other half, my best friend, the person I trusted with everything...

 

...Leeteuk had the other half of my heart.

 

Your turn,” I said happily, poking his nose in return.

 

Leeteuk put on a cute contemplating face as his arm wrapped around my shoulders, as we paused to look at the starry sky above us.

 

 

Tell me what I feel about Kim Taeyeon.” He said, his eyes not leaving the sky.

 

 

I looked at him, my cheeks blushing intensely.

 

Wow, pabo!” I said, giggling as I playfully hit his arm. “Be serious.”

 

Leeteuk turned over and leaned in to me, his face 3 inches from mine as we stared into each other's eyes intensely. His warm breath made my face go completely red as he stared at me so intently.

 

I'm serious,” Leeteuk said.

 

There was a break of silence as I looked at his face, which was as red as mine. I realized he was absolutely serious, he looked so determined.

 

Well, um,” I stammered, unable to really put my finger on it. “You... you are very fond of her. You think she's really cute, as you've said already.”

 

Leeteuk turned over to lay on his back and stare at the starry skies, his face looking quite unsatisfied.

 

You liked her enough to ask her out, and take her on this date in the countryside. Um, you enjoy having her around you, I guess.” I whispered, feeling very conceited.

 

You're getting there, but you're still really cold from the real answer,” Leeteuk said quietly.

 

I looked at his intent eyes, which did not leave the sky.
 

Park JungSoo, he's spent a good chunk of his youth wandering around.” He said, his warm breath fogging up in the cold night sky.

 

Hmm?” I was confused.

 

You see, this fellow was missing something very important.” He said, pausing dramatically. “As a child, he was a fast runner, quite athletic. So every time he played hide-and-seek with somebody, he always won.”

 

How is this relevant?” I laughed, pinching his cheek.

 

Leeteuk smiled for a little while and wrapped his warm hands around the hand I had pinching his cheek.

 

Well, Leeteuk always caught whoever he chased after. It's either they let him catch them, or his determination always got him to where he wants to be. It was like, everything he wanted, he got. But he knew there was something more than always winning, because he ended up not having strong feelings for the people who he caught easily.” He took a long, shaky breath. “But then he met this one person, which solved his problem of missing something.”

 

So what was this guy missing?” I asked, cutting him off playfully.

 

This guy was missing someone who could be the person who proved herself to be his only equal, someone who was challenging to catch. Someone who he could chase for a long time to get what he wanted, so that he could be with this person and know they could feel strong emotion for each other that lasted.”

 

My cheeks were so red... and patched with dirt. But Leeteuk brought his hands up and cupped my face, fixed my frizzed up messy hair, and smiled at me lovingly.

 

Leeteuk met Kim Taeyeon. This girl barely had to run or hide. In fact, she didn't do any of those things. When Leeteuk met this girl he realized that he wanted to chase her, for however long,

 

until he caught her, and he decided he would never let her go.

 

But soon his emotions for Taeyeon were so strong, he was too afraid to even run after her,” He laughed. “He couldn't catch her or chase her because he was too scared he'd get couldn't get to her.”

 

I fixed a messy clump of hair over his eyes and leaned into his shoulder, as we lay facing each other in each others arms.

 

But in the end, I didn't have to give chase... she never ran, and we were always together from the beginning, equals and forever attatched.” Leeteuk laughed.

 

I smiled and hugged him even closer.

 

Silence.

 

 

But you know, that kind of game is boring,” I whispered into his ear. “You know why?”

 

Why?” Leeteuk asked, our hands beginning to hold and our fingers intertwined.

 

What kind of game is only one chase? The best game goes on forever,” I whispered again. “The best game is the game never ends, the chase never ends.”

 

Then how do you propose we begin this game that lasts forever?” Leeteuk responded, kissing my lips in a soft and quick motion.

 

 

We lay there for a while, and soon, he leaned in again and kissed me again. I felt like I was complete every time his soft lips brushed against mine as we lay there.

 

Finally, I pulled away.

 

Here's a good place to start!” I decided, standing up quickly.

 

What?” Leeteuk asked, confused at how I had left him on the ground.

 

I smiled and bent over, gently touching the area of his chest right over his heart.

 

 

You're it!”