Chapter 20 : Strawberry Sweet (SunSun)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Strawberry Sweet

HerroAwkwardTurtle

SunSun

 

The sun was high in the sky as Sungmin-oppa and I sat there in the SM Entertainment garden, that bright afternoon. The sky was a beautiful cerulean, clear and spotted with cotton-ball like clouds that scattered everywhere. We sat under a tall tree that shaded our heads from the direct heat of the sun, and the breeze blew gently everywhere around us.

 

Sunny-ssi,” Sungmin said, smiling as he took off his messenger bag. “It's been a while since we've sat down and had fun, just the two of us, huh?”

 

I nodded and smiled, running my hand through my ruffled golden hair as Sungmin began unloading our picnic basket.

 

Inside the basket was a simple pink and green checkered cloth that he gently spread out, and we sat on it. There was a pair of triangle cut ham and cheese sandwiches, two bottles of iced coffee, a small cake, and of course...

 

... a ziplock container full of strawberries.

 

Well, shall we get started?” He asked me, smiling with a priceless expression of joy.

 

 

Soon we were just casually eating and staring into the deep blue sky. My eyes couldn't help but wander to Sungmin's beautiful skin, which was gleaming in the sunlight. His hair was blowing gently about in the wind, and his eyes were squinted at the bright sun. His eye smiles were adorable.

 

The sun is beautiful out today,” He said, opening his doll like lips.

 

I nodded cheerily, trying to wipe the blush off of my cheeks. Wait, what the heck? How is that even possible?

 

Pabo Sunny, Pabo... I said, hitting my own wrist as punishment.

 

Are you okay there?” Sungmin-oppa asked me, scooting over to sit closer to me.

 

Oh, you know. I'm fine. I've only been loving you for 7 years now. Not a big deal how we act so casually around each other but I never know how you truly feel.

 

I'm totally fine~” I said happily, quickly opening my bottle of iced coffee to preoccupy myself and keep my eyes off of him.

 

There was a little moment of awkward silence as I stared into the branches of the tree above us and sipped my coffee.

 

Suddenly, I heard a little pop.

 

I turned to my right to see Sungmin-oppa opening the little container of strawberries, his face excited like that of a little boy's. It made me smile again, but my chest still hurt.

 

Why do you like strawberries so much anyway?” I asked him, laughing at the same time.

 

Sungmin gave me a cute, joking pout as he showed the container of the ripe strawberries to me. “Don't these look absolutely precious? Almost to cute to eat?”

 

...not really,” I said honestly, and Sungmin laughed happily as he popped one in his mouth.

 

I reached in the container and grabbed a strawberry too, and began mindlessly chewing away at it.

 

It was so awkward.

 

For a few minutes we were just quietly eating strawberries.

 

Suddenly, I heard a little bump on the ground beneath me.

 

Ah, sorry!” Sungmin apologized, chasing the half-bitten strawberry he had dropped on the ground in my direction.

 

Suddenly the strawberry took a hard right straight into between my legs, and I began to blush as I saw that Sungmin was wayyyy too focused on grabbing the strawberry he wasn't thinking properly.

 

AIGYOOOOOOO~”

 

It all happened too fast for me to tell you exactly what happened, but I do believe Sungmin's arm reached between my legs for the strawberry, and I kicked him in the face... and then he was lying on top of me.

 

It was a strange feeling. My heart was pounding ferociously in my chest and my face was turning so red I almost tried to wipe it away again. But Sungmin-oppa's body was strewn against mine, and for what felt like hours, our hearts beat fast together.

 

He got up on his arms as fast as he could, but our faces were still too close together. I stared into his beautiful hazel eyes as we just lay there, in an awkward position. His warm breath was staggered as it landed on my cheeks.

 

...oppa, saranghe...”

 

The words came out faster than I ever thought they could. They simply slipped out.

 

I gasped inside, but I knew there was no going back. I just simply lay there, unable to meet his eyes again.

 

...saranghe, Sunny-ssi.”

 

I looked up in complete surprise. Sungmin's cheeks were the cutest shade of pink I had ever seen, as he struggled to look away from me. But I could feel his happiness overflowing already.

 

We stared at each other a moment more.

 

And then, we both wordlessly sat up.

 

It was silent. The intensity in the air was priceless.

 

“...the reason I like strawberries so much is,” Sungmin breathed slowly. “They are the color of your lips. And every time I picture myself kissing you, it seems like it would taste strawberry sweet.”

 

I looked at him, a little grin spread across my face. “...ert.”

 

Sungmin-oppa finally gave in and leaned in, kissing me for the first time. The contact was so soft yet so powerful, like fireworks setting off in my head.

 

When he pulled away, he laughed.

 

Man, that was 1000 times better than a strawberry.”