Chapter 25 : 'May I Have This Dance?' (HeeSica)

101 Days of Super Generation

‘May I Have This Dance?’

HeeSica

SeungHo97

image from: http://crystalberryjam.tumblr.com/


 

 

     Weddings will be the death of me. I swear.

     All these drunk people running around every where. I mean, shouldn’t it be elegant not crazy and out of control? “Sica, have a drink!” HyoYeon, the bride of the party, offered me a glass but I shook my head and shoved the glass back to her.

     “I’m fine.” I gritted my teeth but added a comment. “Congrants, our Dancing Queen. Who would’ve known you’d marry the Dancing King.” I rolled my eyes in sarcasm as she got up and walked away, joining her broom. I gave EunHyuk the death glare that called for a “hurt her, and you’re dead.” The rest of the girls were off with their own boyfriend while I was stuck here. Single and ready to mingle was my line right now. Guess it was my fault to reject every guy that came up to confess.

 

 

     “Would you like to dance with me, Jessica?” TaecYeon was at my right from where I was sitting, holding his hand out like a gentlemen.

     “You’re still trying?” I sighed but took his hand anyways as he dragged me to the dance floor and pulled me into a dancing position, my hand on his shoulder while his on my hip.

     “Yes ma’am.” He grinned, gums fully showing. “I told you that I’d get you one day.” He tried to lean his head in for a kiss.

     “That day’s not today.” I grinned and pushed him away. “Sorry.” I mouthed as I walked away from him. Finding my way to the table with the crackers and punch, I stopped at the corner and grabbed a cup. This was going to be a long dinner. I watched HyoYeon and EunHyuk fly across the dance room, breaking out into a dance battle. She’s still the Kim Choding I know.

 

     “Gonna be a long night, eh?” I spun around to see HeeChul standing there, a glass of champagne in hand.

     “You’re here!” I smiled and hugged him lightly. My heart skipped a beat as his arms wrapped around me as well. He grinned and flipped his hair back as he pulled away.

     “Of course. I wouldn’t miss my friends’ birthday.” HeeChul smirked and placed the glass back down and leaned on the table. “Why aren’t you dancing?” His dark eyes looked at me as I shrugged.

     “No one to dance with.” My lame excuse was thick as it escaped my mouth. I bit my bottom lip, hoping he wouldn’t notice.

     “Oh I get it.” I turned my head to face him. “You wanted to dance with me, huh?” He elbowed my ribs.

     “Yah!” I pushed him lightly. “Why would I want to dance with you?”

     “I don’t know, ask yourself.” He smirked and moved his bangs from his eyes. “So, would you like to dance?”

     “With you?” I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “No thank you.”

     “C’mon, ice princess. You can’t be mean all the time.” He chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the dance floor. I tried to escape from his grasp but he wouldn’t let go. His arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me to him, making my escape impossible.

 

     “Aish.” I groaned but instantly placed my hand on his shoulder and wrapped my other around his hand. His laugh was low as we staggered awkwardly from side to side.

     “So,” HeeChul started, looking anywhere but at me. “How long have you been dreaming of this to happen?” His eyes met mine, making it hard for me to breath. Dang, why did he have to be so angelic?

     “Never.” I grinned back. “Don’t get your hopes too high, oppa.”

     “Aigoo.” He smiled. “How can you say that yet your face becomes super red when I pull you closer to me?”

     “N-neh? What are you saying?” I felt my cheeks warm up at his words. Thanks a lot. He laughed at me again.

 

     “Shut up and just enjoy the dance, Sica.” I sighed and focused on the slow music. I’ve rarely ever danced to slow dances back in America. It just wasn’t my thing. But right now, it felt like this was meant to be. Without thinking, my head gently placed on his chest and my eyes shut. “You know, you look very pretty today.”

     I smiled and giggled quietly. “Is THE Kim HeeChul complimenting me? I’m flattered.” Looking up, my eyes met his again. This time, my heart flew out of my chest. Shoot.

     

       “Your heart’s going fast.” He noted. “Excited to dance with me?”

       “No!” I quickly denied, trying to escape from him so I could walk away. But he tightened his grip and smiled.

        “It’s okay, I’m excited to dance with you too.” Around us, all of my sisters were dancing with their boyfriend/husband, while HeeChul was just a close oppa. Sigh. “Sica?”

         “Neh?” I glanced back at him. His eyebrows were pulled together to a frown. “What’s up?”

               

     “Everyone here is basically in a relationship...Except us.” My heart beat quickened. Was he about to ask me- No… That can’t-. “So, I’ve wanted to say this for a while now. I like yo- No, I love you. From our 10 years of friendship, I can’t believe I didn’t notice it until now.” His face was just inches from mine. I couldn’t speak. “Will you be my girlfriend?” I could feel his warm breath on my face. I remember dreaming about this moment for years.

     “… Yes.” I slowly responded before he smirked.

     “Great.” His lips were suddenly on mine. A set of fireworks was heard in my head as my lips burnt from the adrenaline.

 

     “WHOA, WHAT’S GOING ON?” His loud voice was beside me as HeeChul pulled apart and we both looked up. LeeTeuk was staring at both of us. TaeYeon was certainly not happy.

     “Why were your lips on Jessica, HeeChul?” Her voice was low while LeeTeuk was still in shock.

     “She’s mine.” His two words made my heart pound loudly while his arm tightened around my waist. “Now, we’ll be leaving.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to another part of the dance floor.

 

     TaecYeon was beside me again, holding out his hand and waited for me to accept him. “Back off.” HeeChul said quietly to him. I laughed by accident as he dragged his feet away, finding another girl to dance with.

     “Well, aren’t you the jealous type?” I asked to HeeChul. His hand was scratching the back of his head before he faced me.

     “I have to watch you carefully. So many guys are after you.”

     “That’s a little much, don’t you think?Not everyone wants me.” I smiled weakly, trying to joke with the serious HeeChul.

     “Sigh, whatever…” His smile came back as he held out his hand. “May I have this dance, Jung SooYeon?”

     I rolled my eyes and placed my hand in his. “You’ll always have a dance with me.” I smiled as he pulled me to him, making it the second dance of the night.