Chapter 32 : Smile for Me (HyoHyuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Smile For Me

HyoHyuk [Fluff]

HerroAwkwardTurtle

pic credits  http://qthvk.tumblr.com/--

 

 

It was freezing cold. My breath instantaneously clouded up in front of me as I stood there in the falling snow, staring at the front of the hospital doors. The world seemed to stand still as I stood there; shivering in the gray jacket she had given me the Christmas just 2 months before. I was wearing the beanie she had knitted for me, and the couple gloves we had gotten 3 years ago.

I played with the wedding ring on my left hand, as the silver grew slippery under the sweat of my palms.

I began pacing back and forth, unable to keep still. My head was spinning as my gaze was stuck on those two opaque gray glass doors.

Crunch, crunch. My boots stomped around in the snow; it was the only sound I could hear then.

I stopped pacing and looked down at my boots, staring at my shoes seemed to be interesting all of a sudden. The rising feeling of anticipation and happiness, yet anxiousness, stirred in my stomach as I stared at my shoes, at the ground that I would first see my happiness upon.

And then the door opened.

My eyes peered up ever so slowly, to see her.

She stood in a simple white jacket, puffy and warm. She had her hood on, and a pair of ear warmers, and her figure was back to normal, as it was before… before.

“Ah, you’re finally here!” She teased.

“…Hyoyeon, is that… is that…” I stammered, walking towards her slowly and surely, staring at what was in her arms.

Hyoyeon’s smile… the smile that melted my heart; she pointed it straight at me and nodded, making my heart feel warmer than any other emotion despite the cold.

                “Eunhyuk, meet your son, Jaemin.”

My eyes filled with tears as I jogged up to her and laid my eyes upon the warmly wrapped baby in her arms.

I couldn’t say anything for a few seconds. It was all too perfect; I could not believe that that baby… was my own son. That was Park Jaemin, my first child with my beautiful wife.

Jaemin had his mother’s eyes, large and dark. He had my hairline and nose, and the side of his head… you could tell his profile would be just like mine.

“…he’s gorgeous,” I stammered, watching as the baby rubbed his eyes and burped.

Hyoyeon’s eyes and mine met again, and she smiled yet again.

I wordlessly kissed her forehead, holding her warm forehead to my lips for several seconds. I was so… apologetic. I couldn’t believe it.

“I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry I wasn’t around for this,” I whispered into her ear, as we began walking towards my car, as she cradled the baby.

“Work is work is work,” Hyoyeon shrugged, as she cooed at Jaemin, who was burping quite a lot for a 2 and a half week old baby.

“But I wasn’t there to hold your hand, or help you out… or hold and wash the baby, because I was away performing…” I muttered miserably.

“Ahaha, its fine!” Hyoyeon laughed, as we turned into the parking lot. “My water broke during a visit I was having with all the girls. I happened to be standing in a parking lot like this one, on the way to Taengoo’s car, and I fell over into her arms.”

“…and her immediate response was tears and happiness and she couldn’t move,” I said, laughing. “I heard about that.”

“Fany and Taengoo were speechless and in awe and Sunny was freaking out. Sooyoung, Yuri, and YoonA were all helping me up out of Taengoo’s arms. Sica and Seohyun were the calmest out of all of them and they got me in Taengoo’s car.”

“And they drove you here,” I said, in awe. “Wow, what amazing timing.”

“Indeed!” Hyoyeon said happily, as we finally got to my car. “I can only thank God I have such wonderful friends who can be with me when life altering events occur in my life.”

I smiled and unlocked the door for her, and opened it as a gentleman should, gesturing for her to take a seat. She smiled and did so, and I got in the car.

“Isn’t it crazy?” I asked, poking her cheek. “Even though I had to miss out on 2 weeks of Jaemin’s life… he’s already got a huge family to back him up.”

Hyoyeon’s eyes didn’t fall; in fact she didn’t look sad at all I wasn’t able to be there for his birth.

“Don’t blame yourself. Although you weren’t there in person, you were there in my heart and I know you were cheering for me to fight on.”

 I smiled and held her hand that wasn’t supporting the baby’s head.

“…his face is shaped like yours from the front,” I observed. “You’re a very lucky baby, Jaemin, to hold such close resemblance with the most talented and gorgeous dancing queen on this good Earth.”

“Ah, stop it you.” Hyoyeon scolded playfully, flicking my ear.

We sat there in silence as the car heated up, and Jaemin burped again.

“…what a burpy baby!” Hyoyeon giggled, cradling him closer to her.

                “Just like his father,” I said proudly, taking a moment to give the loudest, most obnoxious burp ever.

We both continued to stare in awe at Jaemin.

“But his skin… it’s like smooth porcelain, like his mother’s,” I pointed out. “And his hair is just like his dads again.”

Hyoyeon and I looked up at each other, and I slowly leaned in and kissed her lips, with a new feeling and emotion sparking in my heart. That moment with just her, me, and Jaemin… it was the most beautiful emotion in the world.

Suddenly, Jaemin burst into a fit of laughter. It was cute, indescribable bubbly giggles, with a few snorts here and there. His smile reached ear to ear and he kicked his legs up and down excitedly.

I looked down and saw his laughter was just like mine. It melted my heart. Hyoyeon even started crying.

“He hasn’t shown happiness till you came to see him,” She whispered.

“…well…” I said, feeling the hope of a brand new chapter in my life beginning.

“…smile for me, Jaemin. Let’s see if you have your mother or father’s smile!” I encouraged.

 

Hyoyeon laughed and cradled the baby closer, wiping her tears off of her cheeks as we stared down at our beautiful creation.

 

“Smile for us!”

post AN:

SORRY IT WASN'T ABOUT THE MAMA AWARDS BUT I FELT LIKE THIS WOULD BE A GOOD STORY AHAHAH SO...

YEAH SORRY. T^T

HOPE YOU ENJOYED! >3<