Chapter 23 : Always There (TaeTeuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

*pic credits SOMEWHERE IN THE DEPTHS OF TUMBLR...

Always There 

HerroAwkwardTurtle

TaeTeuk

 

 

 

Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

 

I do.” I whispered.

 

...Good, you may now kiss the bride!”

 

Leeteuk's arms wrapped around my back gently as he pulled me close, and our lips touched softly. The contact was sweet and soft but it always felt like fireworks were blowing up in the back of my head every time we kissed.

 

But this time, it was even more special.

 

...Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with Park JungSoo and Park TaeYeon for the first time!”

 

There were cheers and yells from everywhere within that small white chapel. There was white decorations all over the pillars and pews, with pink and red roses everywhere. It was a beautiful sight, seeing all my friends and family stand and clap and scream.

 

Suddenly, I felt LeeTeuk grab my hand, and suddenly, we were running down the aisle, and there was rice being thrown everywhere. From the corner of my eyes, I saw EunHyuk and Hyoyeon (who were dressed in a matching manner like the cheesy couple they were) pull strings on confetti cannons, and soon, there was a ton of colored paper flying everywhere.

 

Suddenly, the church doors burst open to reveal the warm July sun, and our families were shooting more confetti in the air, and I could see HeeChul, Jessica, DongHae and Tiffany standing just at the end of the pink carpet, ready with a large confetti cannon.

 

Suddenly, with a loud bang, the entire sky was filled with pink and red pieces of paper, fluttering as the fell soundless to the ground, as I stared into the bright cyan sky.

 

This is paradise.

 

I felt LeeTeuk squeeze my hand. I looked up at him, to see his beautiful face and sparkling caramel eyes. I had never seen him cry and smile that much before.

 

Suddenly, we were getting into the limousine, and the entire scene was fading away, and it was just he and I, in the back of that limo.

 

And I was staring into his eyes again.

 

...I can't believe it...” LeeTeuk whispered, running a hand nervously through his messy hair.

 

I couldn't believe it myself. I was at the ripe age of 27, and finally... I had found true happiness.

 

Suddenly tears were forming in my eyes too and LeeTeuk and I just sat in the back of that limo, crying. It was the best day of my life.

 

You're finally mine, and only mine...” LeeTeuk whispered into my ear, as he kissed my cheek and leaned into my shoulder.

 

I can now say the same,” I responded, fixing the bowtie of his white suit.

 

And we just sat there in silence, hand in hand, wanting the moment to last forever more.

 

--

 

It was the wedding reception before I could even sit back and accept I was married.

 

I was sitting with all the girls, of course. I smiled at the beautiful dresses Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri, YoonA, Sooyoung, HyoYeon, Sunny, and SeoHyun all wore. They wore the Colors of the Rainbow in the order they sat, and I was the only one in complete white.

 

9 souls, always together and intertwined, never separated.

 

So... why is there no alcohol at this reception again?” Sooyoung laughed, swirling the sparkling apple cider in her glass around. “Last I checked LeeTeuk-sunbae wasn't like EunHyuk-sunbae.”

 

I laughed heartily. Suddenly, I felt a head poke in between Seohyun's and my head. It was Ryeowook-sunbae.

 

That's because LeeTeuk-hyung gets really crazy when he drinks,” Ryeowook explained, making a crazy, erted face. “We wouldn't want to see that hyung get all awkward with TaeYeon-nunna here right?”

 

I blushed as all the girls burst into laughter.

 

Hey, we're married!” LeeTeuk burst out of nowhere.

 

Everyone laughed even harder. I coughed into the water I was drinking.

 

“Aigooooo, the hyung's making plans already...” DongHae-sunbae hopped in, out of nowhere.

 

It was then I couldn't help but laugh.

 

The day was just getting better and better.

 

--

 

Now... for the couple's dance!” Kibum-oppa called behind the mic, as the official reception emcee and DJ.

Couples all over the room began to form. I saw DongHae wordlessly grab Yoona's hand and pull her onto the floor, holding her close at once. Sunny and Sungmin gravitated towards each other without any words exchanged.

 

EunHyuk and HyoYeon were already dancing before the couples dance was announced. YeSung approached Yuri shyly, and after a few words I couldn't hear were spoken, they got up and slowly danced as well. RyeoWook and Sooyoung were nowhere to be seen, but I didn't ask any questions, they were probably together anyway (heuheuheuh ;D). Tiffany and SiWon dancing longingly in each others arms. HeeChul and Jessica were arguing of course, probably because he had gotten a little too touchy with her again, but the argument slowly dissolved as the danced more and more.

 

My head turned to see KyuHyun-sunbae, standing still and alone at the 'for actual drinkers alcoholic bar' at the far corner of the room. I got up and approached him.

 

Why are you sitting alone?” I asked him, sadly.

 

...she's dancing with somebody already,” He whispered.

 

I turned to see SeoHyun of course, dancing with JunSu. They were friends, I knew that, but it seemed to really get KyuHyun down.

 

...Just go talk to her, I'm sure that she won't refuse.” I told him encouragingly.

 

KyuHyun looked up at me, and smiled. “How could I refuse the special woman of tonight's request?”

 

He got up and approached the couple slowly, and politely asked JunSu if he could take his dance partner. JunSu nodded, and stepped back as SeoHyun and KyuHyun stood there, awkwardly.

 

They were in the middle of the room, in the middle of the dance floor. KyuHyun silently stuck a hand out, and SeoHyun slowly took it, and soon, they too were dancing.

 

...now that I think about it, where the heck is my husband?

 

I turned my head, to see Kang Sora talking to LeeTeuk.

 

All the guests were congratulating me of course, but I ignored them and started heading over to them. There was an uncontrollable burning feeling in my gut, and I knew the only way I could get rid of it... that jealousy I had always felt, was to finally settle it all once and for all.

 

I finally got to them, and grabbed LeeTeuk's arm, which was very aggressive of me. I wordlessly dug my face into his shoulder.

 

Let's dance...” I whispered quietly and longingly.

 

Kang Sora looked at me, her lips pursed. But she backed away without a complaint. In fact, she high tailed it and left the room altogether.

 

...well, I'm sorry about that...” I apologized to her, even though she couldn't hear it as she ran away.

 

There was a little silence as I stood in LeeTeuk's arms, and then 'Nocturno' by Chopin began playing.

 

Let's dance, my love,” He whispered into my hair.

 

His arms slid gently to my waist, and his other hand clasped mine as we began to slowly waltz. The spotlight was on us now, as we were the couple of the night. I felt my heart pound harder and harder as I danced with him, the person I loved the most.

 

I love you so much, LeeTeuk. Let's be together forever...” I whispered.

 

Me, I'm always there for you, TaeYeon. No matter what, my love for you will overcome anything life tries to throw at us. I'll be here, TaeYeon.”

 

...always there.