Chapter 13 : Teardrop on My Guitar (SunSun)

101 Days of Super Generation

Teardrop on My Guitar

SunSun

SeungHo97

 


 

 

 

                I sat at the tree in the park today, Sunny. You know, the one where we met? It’s hard to believe it was just 5 years ago since we found each other. And I was so happy that I’d met my soul mate. My other half.

                Many people came to watch when I took my guitar out. In my opinion, most of them were envious of my pink guitar. Well, that would be your thought too, yes?

                I thought long and hard , Sunny. Whether if I should continue guitar or not after what had .. Happened. But I decided I should. You would want me to enjoy at least one thing after your death.

 

                                                                                                --

 

                “Oppa, is it like this?” Her hands curled up in an awkward position.

                “Sunny… “ I sighed loudly and fixed her hand position again. “We’ve been over this many times. That’s not how you play it.”

                “… Oppa.. Mianhae.” She said softly beside me.


                “Like seriously. It’s been almost 10 minutes and you’re still on this one chord. I said, frustrated.

                “I’m sorry. “

                “Are you really?” I rubbed my temples and glared at the tiny girl, almost breaking into tears now.

                “Yes… What’s wrong, Oppa? Did I do something? Are you okay?” Her hand wiped back a tear before dropping it by her lap.

                This is what I hated most, when people asked me if I was okay, when obviously I wasn’t. “No Sunny. No, I’m not fine. I’m stressed at work and traffic, and now this. Do you really think I’m okay?” I stood up, throwing my guitar back into the box.

                “You’re leaving?” I heard her whimper as I clicked the box closed.

                “Yeah.” Pissed off, I threw the case to the side. “Can you bring this back to the house? I have to grab something from the office that I left this morning.” Before she responded, I already had left the room, trying to calm down.

 

                                                                                --

 

                “Hello?” I barked at the phone while driving the car with one hand.

                “Is this SungMin?” An unfamiliar voice spoke.

                “Yes, yes this is SungMin. Who’s this?”

                “This is Kim SeoYeon. I’m from the police department.” Police? What happened? “There was a call from your neighbor’s house and there has been a robbery.”

               

                That was then I stepped on the gas. Hell no. Not a robber at my house.

 

                “SungMin?” The voice asked again.

                “What?” Now panicking, I drove faster and faster.

                “Do you know a girl, about 5 feet 2, and blonde hair?”

                “Yes, that is my wife.” I paused and realized what was about to happen. “What’s wrong?”

                “Well, one of the robbers I suppose tried to steal an instrument. Your wife here tried to keep it safe but they shot her, taking everything with them.”

 

                Hot tears rolled down my eyes as I drove quick and rolled up the driveway.

 

                This can’t be happening.

 

                Not to me.

 

                Not to Sunny.

                                                                                                --

 

                “Sunny-ah.” I watched a tear drip down from my face and land on my song lyric page. “Sunny, this is for you. Mianhae.”


“Really, what did you do during this year, love?
After letting you go
I felt like I was going to go crazy and dead
Up until yesterday

In that long period of time
There’s only you who left me
Having no other thoughts but of you
That’s how this year is passing by

The memories of that rainy day
When I went to go find you
The clear sunshine that shined down on us when we walked together
None of these have left me
Inside my head
It makes me slowly die.”

 

                I ended the song with one last strum of the guitar and another tear rolling down my face and landed on the base of the guitar..

 

                “I miss you Sunny. I’m sorry, and I love you.”

 

Song : Super Junior - Dead at Heart

Title from : Taylor Swifts "Teardrop on My Guitar."