Chapter 25 : Music Speaks From The Soul (SeoKyu)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

Music Speaks From The Soul

SeoKyu

SeungHo97

 

A/N: Sorry ;; It's a bad chapter.. But I didn't feel right not updating today LOL At least you can look forward to HerroAwkwardTurtle's SeoKyu update T__T I'm sorry LOL She's a much better writer then I am xD Oh well.


 

 

 

“I’ll see you guys later, okay?” I smirked at JungSu and SiWon. They laughed loudly and walked out the door, not bothering to answer back. I watched them leave the school grounds before walking back into the school.

              

  Creak. Creak.

 

It was time for the school to get new floor boards. Or to get a new school in general. This place was a mess. It was creepy just walking around in complete silence. Having to be the only student here after school hours was frightening, especially hearing all those horror stories. Why was it only me who had to stay for detention? I sometimes hated to be the KingKa, having to keep this bad image and all. And having the girls fall for only my looks was sorta lame.

 

                “It’s okay even if I can’t see. It’s okay even if I can’t breath.” A soft voice was heard from down the hallways, followed by someone playing the piano. Crap, was it really a ghost? It took me seconds before deciding that I had to man up and face whatever was in the room. “If I could meet you only once, if I could give you all my heart.” The voice continued.

                “Who the hel-“ My words stopped short before I could kick down the door. I looked into the door’s window and saw a girl. A girl that was my age playing the white piano in the music room. “Who’s this?” I said quietly to myself. Her fingers flew across the piano keys, making a beautiful song. Her voice was a nice touch. My fingers unknowingly touch the door knob and twisted it. The music was cut short when I entered the room. She faced me, wide eyed. “SeoHyun?” I realized the girl from my math class. She sat next to the right of me everyday.

 

The silence was unbearable. She stood up and closed the piano top, passing me quickly. I watched the tall girl disappear from the hallway. What the…? “Wait,” I yelled out to her. “You forgot your things.” I sighed and faced the piano again, finding the sheet music on the piano stand.

On the top of the piece it said “It’s Okay Even if it Hurts. – Seo JooHyun” Seo JooHyun? Was that her real name? Sitting down, I wordlessly placed my hands on the piano. The memories flooded back to me as I pressed one key of it.

I exhaled loudly then my fingers took control, playing the notes on the sheet. I found myself smiling. I remember how happy I was when I played piano years ago. That was before though. I sighed and stopped. It was unfinished. Standing up and grabbing the music, I turned the lights off and left the school. I’d just give her back the music tomorrow.

 

                                                                                ----

 

“Here, guys wait.” I ran down the hall, hoping I wouldn’t miss her. “SeoHyun!” I called out loudly. She heard me and spun around, shocked at seeing me as the one who called for her.

“N-neh?” I looked through her thick framed glasses, making sure it was her.

“You left your music here yesterday.” I saw that we were in front of the music room now. “Here you go.” I gave the sheets back and grinned, giving her my charming smile.

“Thank you.” She took it and entered the room, ignoring my friendliness.

 

“Well, now.” I frowned at her ignorance, following her to the piano. “I played it yesterday.”
“You play?” SeoHyun said as she placed the music back up, opening the lid of the piano open while sitting down.

“Yeah. The song’s amazing.” I tried to compliment her while sitting next to her. She stared at me with confusion. “But I noticed that you weren’t finished.” I shrugged and looked back to the music.

“Uhm, yeah.” I could tell that this was awkward for her.

“Can you play for me?” I tried to encourage her. It took a bit before she actually placed her hands on the keys and sighed. But when she did play, it was amazing. Just beautiful.

 

It was then I felt the need to play with her. I joined in at the chorus, adding a harmonizing part. I swore that she had a faint smile too. We ended together and I smiled. “You should really finish this soon. You could be famous!” I looked at her.

“I can’t.” She shrugged and looked away. “I have no idea what to do after.”

I sat and thought. “You could do something like this?” I played what was on my mind and soul. It’s funny how you didn’t need to be a master at piano. You just needed emotions.

 

“That.. That’s really good.” She smiled and wrote the notes down, one by one. “Why don’t you play for the school’s band?”

“Gotta keep my image.” Trying to reason with her was difficult. She didn’t get why band had to do with being the KingKa.

 

“Don’t let being a KingKa stop you.” She continued her rant as we left the room. “Music is a form of art.”

“Neh, neh. I’ve got to get home now. Uhm, where do you live?” I didn’t want to seem like a creep, but I wanted to be a gentleman. It was dark and I didn’t want her to walk home when it was dangerous.

“You don’t know?” She said as if I should already know. “We live across the street from you. Our parents are friends.”

“Oh really? Well I feel like a pabo now. Sorry. Let’s walk together then, okay?”

 

The night walk home was fun. I haven’t laughed like this in a while. I didn’t have to be fake around SeoHyun, not caring about how I looked or acted at the moment.

 

“Thanks for the music again, KyuHyun.” SeoHyun smiled as we met the cross walk.

“Yeah, it’s all good.” I smiled. “Hopefully we can do this again. You know, playing piano and stuff.”

She hesitated but nodded. “Hopefully. Annyoung. And remember, KyuHyun. Music comes from the soul. Don’t worry about what other people think. I’ll see you tomorrow, oppa.” Her bright smiled lightened my heart for some reason before she walked down the street.

Music comes from the soul, huh? Before I entered my house, I turned back and saw SeoHyun at her house. I felt happy and as if I should remember this moment. I knew by now that SeoHyun and I would have a good friendship. I couldn’t wait until the next time we met.

 

SeoHyun was … Different. I chuckled and shook my head. Why was I thinking about this? “KyuHyun!” I glanced up and saw SeoHyun calling out to me. “Piano tomorrow after school?”

“Yes please!” I called out loudly before waving back.

“Okay! Annyoung!” She smiled and stepped into her house.

Sighing, I said quietly back.

 

“Annyoung.”