Chapter 4 : Waiting For You (HeeSica)

101 Days of Super Generation

Waiting For You

HeeSica

SeungHo97


 

 

     He's leaving?
 
     The news spread like wild fire around the SM Entertainment building. HeeChul was leaving to the military. Next week. 
Of course for the diva, he'd probably make some huge exit, expecting many ELFs to show up to his farewell meet.
 
    Pft. Diva.
 
    I rolled my eyes as people began to bawl their eyes out for his departure. I mean, he's only leaving to the army for 2 years or something. It's not THAT long. We've survived without KangIn, anyways. He's about to come back either way. And guess what? We're still alive. People these days need to relax.
     I saw HeeChul walking towards me in the halls of the building, waving his hands ever so lady-like. He stopped and grinnned.
 
     "Hello there, Ice Princess."
     I hissed back, "Why, hi there Diva Queen. I heard you're leaving to the military soon." I pretend to check my nails as he spoke to me.
     "Yes, ma'am. You heard right." HeeChul smirked. "Why? Are you sad I'm leaving?"
     Scoffing, I turned to look out the window and back at him. "You wish. Won't you be the one missing me?"  
     He slapped his knees loudly and gave me a fake laugh. "Of course, Sica. I'll be missing my ice princess the most." HeeChul gave me a sly smile then winked while chuckling. I rolled my eyes.
     "MY Ice Princess?" I accented the my. "When did I become yours?"
     "Stop kidding around," He swung an arm over my shoulders. "I know you love me. Just say it." He jabbed his other elbow at my ribs.
     "Piss off." I groaned and slid out of his grasp, walking away without turning back. I heard his light laughter behind me as I strolled off to the dance room, looking for someone to hang out. Someone that wasn't Kim HeeChul.
 
----
 
    "You coming?" I heard TaeYeon call out from the front door. I gave her a quiet 'yes' and got my bag and sunglasses. Giving our leader a small nod, I walked out and exhaled loudly. "What's wrong, Sica?"
    "Just..." I paused and looked out the window as the car started. "I can't believe he's leaving for 2 years." Someone snickered. "What?" I glared behind me, finding the source of the laugh.
     " NOW you figure it out." Sunny gasped. "You aren't called Sica the one who has slow reactions for nothing!" She rolled her eyes.
     "When has anyone called me that?" She looked back at me and shrugged her sholders, not caring about anything. "You brat." I mumbled under my voice. 
 
     10 years... It's been 10 years since we met and became friends. And now he's leaving. I can't even imagine us without a diva. I frowned as I began to think of 2 years without HeeChul. A twist formed in my chest and a tear rolled down my face. What the heck? I quickly wiped it off my face. Why am I crying? Over HeeChul? I shouldn't be feeling this. Not now...
 
-Flash Back- 
 
     "Oppa, are you walking with me today?" I asked him, pulling out my full aegyo while tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.
     "Anni..." He said while shaking me off. "I have something to do." His voice was cold and icy as he walked away.
     "What the heck?" I stood, frozen in shock at my spot. Who's he blowing me off for? I decided to follow him home that day. He was up to something that I didn't know about. There was not a day in these 3 years had he not walked me home. 
 
     I rounded the corner, keeping a distance away from us. Peeking over, I glanced to see HeeChul with this girl. He grabbed her hand and walked away. Did HeeChul have... A girlfriend?
     My heart broke into tiny fragments. I couldn't believe this. My hand made a fist over my chest while I shut my eyes tightly. I pinched my arm waiting to find myself in my bedroom again. 
     
    I didn't wake up, It wasn't a dream. I began to follow him again. Who could this girl be? When I was close enough, I silently glanced over from the corner of a shed to stare at her face.
     A loud inhale was heard. HeeChul and the girl turned around.
     "Sica?" HeeChul and the girl hissed at my direction.
     I covered my mouth with my hand and whispered her name, "SoHee?"
 
-End of Flash Back-
 
     Shaking my head from the painful memory, I realized we were at Super Junior's dorm. Apparently, f(x) and DBSK already had left, so it was only us visiting now. I slowly went up the stairs, my sisters already in the dorm, and entered the front door.
     "Little late there, huh?" HeeChul grinned as I shut the door.
     "I never run, remember?" I punched his arm lightly and walked past him. He laughed as he followed me in. "Where's DongHae?" I asked, looking around in his bedroom.
     "Hmm?" He grabbed a bottled water and took a sip. "Why? You like him?" 
     "Hell no." I rolled my eyes and turned around, accidently bumping into his chest. When was he behind me? How'd his chest become so ... Built? "What the-"
   
     "You like this, don't you?" His eyebrows wiggled at me. I couldn't deny the fact that my heartbeat was racing against my chest. Embarrassed, I pulled away, hoping he didn't feel my heart. Except, he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.
     "What are you doing?" I whined against his chest.
     "I just realized we haven't hung out with a while since ... Well yeah." He stopped his words right before he could mention her. I shrugged and tried to escape his grip. "Don't, Sica."
     
     "Why?" I suddenly yelled at him. His eyes widened at my sudden tone. "Why can't I? Why does it matter?" What was I saying?
     "Jessica..." He tried but I interrupted him.
     "Don't hug me as if we're best friends again..." I said slowly, yet cooly. "Don't pretend nothing happened, 'cause you knew how I felt before." I don't know what came out of me. Why was I saying this? I swore on my grandmother's grave I'd forget.
     
     HeeChul suddenly pulled me into another bear hug, making sure I couldn't escape. I punched his chest, tears of anger pooling out. "Stop."
     "Why?" I angrily muttered.
     "Because.. I love you." That made me stop. I stood there, not sure what to do. Shocked, I looked up. His eyes were glancing down at me. "I don't know what's gotten into you lately, Sica. You've been acting cold to me for the last couple years. I feel as if we're not even friends sometimes. I haven't ever gotten the chance to tell you."
     I pulled away, not wanting to listen anymore. "Don't."
     This obviously wasn't the response he was waiting for, "What? Sica, isn't this what you wanted?"
   
     "You're leaving, HeeChul." Sighing, I continued. "I don't want to hear this before you leave."  
     "Then I"ll wait." HeeChul responded in full  confidence. "When I come back, you better be ready." I frowned at his confession. "Promise you won't go dating any other guy, okay?"
     "When did I become yours?" I grumbled, still not accepting the fact that he had confessed to me. 
     
     "Such an ice princess." He groaned and flicked his hair back. HeeChul looked away and I saw that this was my chance. grabbing the sides of his face, I twisted it so his cheek was facing towards me. I went on my tippy toes and gave him a small peck then whispered into his ear.
 
"I love you too, Kim HeeChul."