Chapter 26 : A Script (TaeTeuk)

101 Days of Super Generation

 

A Script

TaeTeuk

SeungHo97


 

 

"1, 2, 3, Hello! Right now, it's Girls' Generation!"

 

Our greeting was famous. I was starting to think that almost everyone knew it by now. We all tried to say it as loud as we could whenever we greeted. But right now, I was not in the mood to do anything. Especially greet.

 

The computer screen in front of me showed LeeTeuk and Sora together.


Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against her (sorta). But seeing LeeTeuk forget about me just because he was in a fake marriage pissed me off.

 

Like, really pissed me off.

 

I tried to smile throughout the whole thing. That was a bust. Didn’t work at all when I saw her stealing glances at him.  I couldn’t help but hate her. She had everything I wanted. But more. And this time it was real.

 

“This is my wife guys!” LeeTeuk’s voice echoed in my head. How can you say that with such happiness?

“Neh, annyounghaeseo!” The 8 girls called out loudly.

“What do you guys think of her?” LeeTeuk was asking all of us but I knew that question was directed to me.

“She’s very pretty!”  I laughed along, pulling on a smile then letting it fade back to the moment. The girls knew that I was extremely uncomfortable with this so they tried to change the topic. Tiffany began to give her speech. I drifted off at that moment.

 

--

 

“You’ve got a button undo.” I smirked and punched him lightly on the stomach. I looked up to see an angel’s smile plastered on his face. Looking away to control my need for his lips, I faced the camera while grinning. I stared back at him and punched him two more times. Unexpectedly, he grabbed my neck and pulled me to him by a bit.

“Yah.” I hissed. He chuckled and let go, while I forced my hands to go back to my side.

“Shh.” LeeTeuk smiled and tried to wrap his arm around my waist, forgetting where we were at the moment.

“Aish.” I reminded him by pushing him away and staring at the camera. He walked away, still laughing.

 

“Could you guys be more obvious?” YoonA rolled her eyes at me. I exhaled and tried to think about what would happen if people were to find out.

 

That would be the worse thing that could possibly happen.

 

--

 

“Good luck, Teukie!” I called out, hoping he’d hear me. Fortunately, he did. My heart raced as the corners of his lips pulled out.

“Komawo, Taengoo.” He grabbed my outstretched hand and rubbed it. “I’m so happy you’re here.”

“Of course!” I tried to joke around, “I’d be here cheering for my yeobo!” I spotted a camera then, resisting myself from hugging him.

“I’ll do great now that you’re here.” He said softly and wiggled his eyebrows. “Tonight…?”

“Aish, you ert.” I let go of his hand while laughing. “Just focus on your stage.”
“Okay,” He smiled, “I’ll see you later then, Taeng.”

I watched him walk away, while my heart settled down and slowed to a steady pace.

 

How lucky was I to meet this angel?

 

--

 

“Don’t do it!” I called out, making my protest as loud as possible. My throat was hoarse due to all the screaming I did tonight.

LeeTeuk was up front now, pulling down the sleeve of his arm like he usually did for Bonamana stages.

“Shoot.” I groaned and yelled out again. “Don’t do it!”

SeoHyun hit me lightly and smiled. “Unnie! Don’t worry, he’s doing it for you.”

“Lies.” Grumbling, I sunk in my chair. LeeTeuk winked to the fans, creating a roar of cheers from all the ELFs. “Show off.” I muttered to myself.

 

“How was I, Taengoo?” LeeTeuk held my hand after he sat down in my room.

“Great. Just perfect.” I sighed and faced away, hoping he wouldn’t notice my disappointment.

“What’s wrong, Tae?” He hugged me tightly and looked at my face. I couldn’t keep a secret from someone who had a stare to intense as his.

“You. Why do you have to be so perfect?” I buried my face in his chest and sighed. “Your fanservice is just too attractive.”

“Aish, is that why you’re sad?” He pulled my face to his. I was immersed in the kiss but he pulled away. “Maybe they get my winks, but they don’t get my kisses.” He smirked and kissed me again. “I have to go now, got a performance tomorrow.”

“Really?” Sadness poured from my voice as I watched him grab his jacket and pull me into another hug.

“I’ll be back.” Was all he said before he kissed my forehead and left. “Love yah.” He waved and grinned, left dimple showing.

“Love you too.”

 

                                                                                                --

 

"LeeTeuk and TaeYeon: Matching earrings and necklaces! Dating?

This is not good. I turned my computer off and headed to the door, hearing a faint knock.

"Oppa." I smiled and pulled him in the dorm. "No one's here at the moment."

"Oh really?" LeeTeuk didn't have his regular smile on his face.

"What's wrong?" My smile also faded after staring at him.

"They know, TaeYeon..." LeeTeuk sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Yeah... I saw. What are we going to do?" I groaned and sat down, pulling my knees to my face.

"I think.. I think we should lay it low, TaenGoo. We can't be going out that much." His voice was soft as he sat next to me.

"Okay... Just promise you won't break up with me because of this, okay oppa?" I faced him with a frown on my face.

"Never. I love you, TaeYeon. You're mine, and only mine." He chuckled and grabbed my chin, pulling my lips towards his.

 

--

“You’re what?” I hissed into the phone.

“Going on WGM.” His voice came out cold and robotic.

“You’ve got to be joking. Is this your way in telling me you want to break up? After 3 years? Is it because of that newspaper article?" My voice was hard and icy.

“No, I never said we had to break up. It’s just a show after all.” His excuse was lame and stupid.

“You’ll fall for her, LeeTeuk. Let YeSung or someone else do it.” I pleaded as a tear escaped from my eye. I rubbed it away quickly.

“Don’t you trust me?”

“Of course. I just love you too much to let you go.” I said softly, hoping he’d hear my complaints and decide to back out.

“I’m sorry, TaeYeon. I want to do this.”
“I.. I see how it is. Okay.” My heart literally ripped in half. I felt something missing in me, and it was half of my heart.

I thought he’d say something like “I love you.” Or “I’ll miss you.” That was the least I was expecting. Instead, he hung up quickly, adding a “Sorry.”

Click.

 

--

 

My head focused back to present time. I was back in the waiting room, watching TeukSora on the screen with 8 girls surrounding me. Kang Sora was talking and I looked at HyoYeon, giving a look.

“I can’t handle this anymore.” I mouthed with tears clouding my vision. She nodded and tapped Jessica while whispering in her ear. The word carried on and Tiffany finished her speech abruptly. She glanced back and gave me a worried look.

“I’ll be fine.” I smiled as best as I could before looking back to the screen.


I don’t know if it was just me, or not, but I swear LeeTeuk had a frown on his face.

 

He quickly returned back to his sunny self and ended the talk. The two of them disappeared from the screen, ending the talk.

 

“Are you ok?” voices came from all around the room. I nodded at all of them.

“I’ll be out for a second, okay? Be back before we’re on stage.” They waved as I walked out the waiting room, wandering around, looking for anything to distract me.

 

 

“TaeYeon!” The voice that haunted me every day was heard. I slowly turned my head to see LeeTeuk rounding the corner. “Wait for me.”

“No.” I said bluntly. “Never.” I booked it then, running full speed away. Running fast, anywhere away from him.

I was met with a dead end. “Shoot.” I mumbled and turned around to see LeeTeuk there.

 

“Why’d you run?” He panted, while placing his hand against the wall to keep his balance.

“Because,” these were the first words I’d said to him in weeks. “I didn’t want to see you.” My voice came out as a bare whisper. He stared at me with amazement.

“What? You didn’t want to see me? Is that what you said?” His confident eyes were replaced with hurt.

“Neh.” I lied easily and looked away. “I did not want to be with you.”

“TaeYeon, what happened?” He came closer. My hand pushed him back instantly.

“Don’t come near me.” I sighed and shut my eyes, regaining my patience. “I don’t want to see you. Not now, not ever. I’ll be leaving now.” I pushed him away, walking back to the waiting room.

 

“I’m sorry.” I heard him say lightly behind me.

“Sorry doesn’t do it.” Turning around, I faced the man I loved and spoke directly to him. “Sorry doesn’t explain the reason why I don’t have a full heart anymore, LeeTeuk sunbae.”

“But.. I really am.” Was all he could say.

“Good-bye LeeTeuk.” I bit my lip. What was I doing? How many times have I thought about running back in his arms and taking him as mine?

“I love you, TaeYeon.” His voice came out shakey.

 

I gritted my teeth. “It’s all part of a script. When you’re done with your act, come back to me in 2 years.”

“That’s it! It’s just a script.” LeeTeuk tried to convince me. “I don’t see why you’re getting so worked up if it’s all fake.”

 

His words angered me. But I kept my cool and walked up to him. “If it’s all a script, then are you avoiding me?” I kissed him on the cheek. His eyes widened in shock and he looked down.

 

“I’ll be leaving now, sunbae.” I bowed deeply and walked away, forgetting everything that happened.

 

 

“What happened, TaeYeon unnie?” YoonA faced me when I entered the waiting room with a smile.

“Nothing.” I explained, sitting down on the nearest chair.

“What about... TeukSora?” Tiffany faced me, worried that the name would offend me.

 

“What about them?” I grinned wider now as I realized my stupidity. I had wasted my time on someone that didn’t matter. But that didn’t stop me from loving a dork. Two years, TaeYeon. He’ll be yours again. They wouldn’t get it, but I said something to reassure them that I was fine.

 

“It’s nothing but a script, is it not?”