Chapter 44: Love Bug (SiFany)

101 Days of Super Generation

Love Bug

SiFany (Fluff)

H e r r o A w k w a r d T u r t l e


(Tiffany POV)


We were in a break after a solid 2 hours of dance practice, and all of the members were exhausted. After busy schedules modeling and filiming last week, as well as multiple plane flights, we were all winded. It was one of those days none of us bothered to wear even eyeliner, or have the decency to apply bb cream on at least the apples of our cheeks.

We were that tired.

We sat in a tight circle in silence, sipping away our water.

"Hah, your eyebags are deeper than Bang Yongguk's voice," Sooyoung managed to joke at Seohyun. That girl was always trying to lighten the otherwise heavy and quiet mood, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Yah, your sense of humor is as cheesy as Leeteuk's on-screen aegyo!" Sunny shot back in Seohyun's place.

Sooyoung responded by squirting water at Sunny through her squirt bottle and we all began to laugh.

I laughed a little bit but the scratchy feeling in the back of my throat was ever increasing. Taeyeon seemed to notice me as I unconciously pressed my hand against my neck.

"Aisssh, Ppani-ah." Taeyeon said in concern. "Is your throat still sore? Did you take the medicine Yuri gave you?"

"Y-yeah, I did..." I managed to whisper. "I actually did."

Yoona's eyebrows slanted upwards in surprise.

"You took the medicine? You never take medicine." She paused. "Were the pills pink?"

"Ugh, nope. They were this sickly brown color..." I mumbled, my sentence being cut short with a sharp pain in my throat. "Ouch, it actually hurts a lot."

"Maybe you just have some phlegm in the back of your throat, Unnie," Seohyun advised. "Perhaps some ginger tea will soothe the burn..."

I thought about what Seohyun said and began to clear my throat. It felt like I swallowed a coin or something, and it was digging into the sides of my throat. It burned a lot. I tried to cough it out. My coughing became uncontrollable in about a second. I crumpled into a half-fetal position and the coughing wouldn't stop, but nothing was coming up. The burn became even stronger.

"Ottoke," Yuri gasped, patting my back from behind as a few other members backed away from me. 

Jessica, who had been sleeping rather soundly on Hyoyeon's lap, turned over and glanced at me in irritation. 

"Geez Tiff, did you like, swallow a pipe, or something? Sheesh." She mumbled. 

Jessica watched me cough for a few more seconds and sat up, uncharacteristically worried out of the blue. Sooyoung passed me her water bottle and I thristily drank from it, hoping the burn would stop. After a few seconds, my coughing subsided and I took a deep breath of much needed air. All of the members were looking at me, eyes filled with concern. 

"We're all tired, but I don't think any one of us have gotten sick this bad before..." Hyoyeon muttered. "Well, other than Taeyeon's flu and your leg getting broken."

I sulked. It was true. The truth of the matter was that all the girls in SNSD had very healthy diets and regular excercise routines, therefore our health was in peak condition. It was strange that I would be so affected by a sickness, and just two days ago, I was completely alright.

"Ah, that's it, we're bringing you to the clinic..." Taeyeon said, motioning for her fellow shortie Sunny to come with her.

"Nooooooooo," I whined. I didn't like being looked at by doctors.

Sunny, who had the amazing physical strength of a rhinoceros, wordlessly pulled my arms up and they both dragged me to the clinic, amidst my complaining and kicking.


The clinics at SM were rarely busy, but for some reason, they were being used almost fully that day. The three of us sat awkwardly in the waiting room, taking turns playing Anipang on Taeyeon's phone, and the burning sensation in my throat was increasing.

Sunny's ringing cellphone cut off the silence.

I got a boy, meotjin, I got a boy, jakka-

"Oppa~" Sunny answered into her phone. By the tone of her voice, both Taeyeon and I smirked. It was obviously Sungmin.

Sunny's face crumpled into concern. "What, seriously? Yah, what the heck... that's so ironic, we're stuck in the same position as you... I'll text you about it!" There was a pause, and Sunny broke into a mischevious smile. "Huh? Well, don't be silly... haha! Alright oppa, I'll see you later, bye!" 

Sunny ended the call and looked at me straight in the eye, her own eyes sparkling mysteriously.

"It's strange, Sungmin was saying that Siwon's the reason the clinic is in a panic right now... apparently he's gotten very sickly as well today." She said, breaking into laughter.

I looked at her in panic. "What? Is that why I haven't heard from him?!"

Sunny nodded and plopped herself down on the chair next to Taeyeon, and proceeded to whisper something in her ear. Taeyeon burst into laughter, her chin dimple making its special appearance. That meant whatever Sunny had said was truly, utterly, crazily, hilarious.

Hearing that your boyfriend was sick and was putting an entire clinic in panic was not the best feeling. I scratched my head and decided to pop him a quick text, but I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something awfully fishy going on.

"Miss Hwang?" I heard a voice call.

It was the nurse. She motioned for me to come in, and I hesitantly followed.


"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" I half screamed.

"The testing results don't lie, Miss Hwang..." The nurse said, a telltale smirk forming across her face.

"Omgomgomgomgomgomg," I cried, clutching a nearby pillow and digging my fingers fiercely into it. "This is so embarrasing, oh goodness I can't even..." 

"Don't worry, Miss Hwang. Mononucleosis... or rather, the kissing disease, is rather common." She said, with a smile.

Yup. So apparently I had contracted mononucleosis, the kissing disease. The situation itself was rather awkward in itself, but another incriminating fact made the matter all the more worse.

HAHAHAH SIWON HAS MONO TOO,
DO YOU CHEESY LOVE BIRDS HAVE ANY EXCUSES THIS TIME?!

-TaeTae

 

Taeyeon's text message made me want to jump out of a window. It was clear all the SM medical staff, as well as the group members, were all aware of my and Siwon's diagonsis. I wanted to punch a wall but I was too tired and sick that I just lay back in bed and dug my fingers into the pillow, embarassed beyond belief.

The doctor had recommended a whole 5 days of bedrest, and SM figured that this information getting leaked to the public would not be great for publicity, so I was unanimously decided to be forced into 5 days of bedrest. Luckily, I didn't have any schedules for the remainder of the week, but it was such a shame to be stuck in bed when all the other members enjoyed free time.

My phone began to ring, and once I took a peek at the caller ID, I picked it up instantly.

 

"Siwon-oppa!" I yelled as loud as I could. "You said you were slightly sick, but I didn't know you were feeling this sick!" I sulked.

"Yahhh Pani-ah," Siwon's voice sounded tired from behind the phone. "It's not like I had any idea that I had mono," He reasoned, sounding exasperated.

"You and your kisses," I mumbled, a small smile spreading across my face. "You can't get enough kisses, can you?"

"Hey, I warned you that I was sick, but you practically puckered up..." He responded greasily.  "Don't even try to lie-"

 

I heard the door open from next to me, and I watched a sickly looking Siwon stumble through the door, a pleased smile spread across his perfect lips. His eyes were slightly swollen and his usually stick-straight perfect spikes sagged slightly, and his usually milky white skin was tinged a slight yellow. I sat up and smiled.

That reminded me about how I probably looked like crap.

"Yah oppa, don't look at me!" I pleaded, covering my face with my hands.

It was already too late. Siwon leaned into me as I leaned against the hospital bed frame, and he captured me in a tight hug. I gave up trying to cover up my face and smiled as he pressed small kisses along the line of my neck, and I held him even closer. 

"You really ," I managed to whisper, planting small kisses along the line of his perfect jaw. "You get me the kissing disease and yet you still ask for more."

"What can I say, you're addicting," He mumbles, pressing kisses on both of my eyelids. "I love you."

I wanted to tell him he was addicting too, but he shut me up with a kiss square upon my lips.

 

We had caught the love bug.



qq im sorry that was lame and awkward what the