Chapter 58

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a couple of weeks since everything went down. Within those two weeks, three major things happened. The first was Myung had ended up dying after his surgery. The doctors had done everything they could to keep him alive but Myung hadn’t made it. This came as both a relief and source of guilt to Jimin. For the military, Myung’s death was a relief but also an inconvenience. If they’d gotten their hands on Myung, they might have been able to extract a lot of information on how he ran the mafia, and plans they had for the future, as well as identify other leaders within their groups. As it was, they could only try and get that information from those they’d arrested during Operation Bluebell.

 

For Jimin, however, Myung’s death caused a lot of guilt to course through him. He was relieved that no one would be after him anymore, but the fact remained that he had killed Myung, his own father. That made him a murderer no matter what Woobin said about it being in self-defense. General Woobin had also tried to soothe Jimin by saying Myung probably would have gotten the death penalty after a trial anyway. But hearing this didn’t ease Jimin as he was a strong advocate against the death penalty. He believed that no matter the crime committed, no state, committee, or person had the right to condemn someone to death. Because of these convictions, Jimin wasn’t able to forgive himself for what he’d done. His inner turmoil grew and he let it fester in his thoughts for three days before he realized this wasn’t the correct way to deal with the pain. 

 

After that realization, Jimin had dealt with his inner turmoil by talking to Jungkook along with a trusted colleague of his. He told the colleague everything that had happened ever since he’d recovered his lost memories, and talking through everything with someone who wasn’t directly involved helped him tremendously. He was able to work through what he’d done to that woman and his father, he was able to accept it after only a week of therapy with his colleague. It would take him a while longer to forgive himself and no longer feel guilty over it, but he was working on it.

 

The second thing that happened was they’d made the news. Capturing so many of Myung’s men during Operation Bluebell had turned out to be beneficial for the military. While Woobin had thought the people they captured wouldn’t be of much help, he’d been very wrong. It turned out many of those they’d captured knew a lot of things and were willing to spill their knowledge in exchange for a lighter sentence or immunity. With each surprising arrest made, the media grew more curious of what had happened. 

 

So the media began researching what had happened to lead to all these arrests. They eventually stumbled upon most of the truth with leaked information. Some of the leaked information led to Jimin and his contribution. Since Jimin had been vital for Myung’s men to be captured, the media praised him as a hero. The only thing their story got wrong was that Jimin was a knowing participant in the scheme. Being praised as a hero made Jimin feel awkward. He hadn’t expected it, and he definitely didn't feel deserving of the title. However there wasn’t much he could do about it, so he let things be. 

 

And the final thing which was most recent to happen was… Jungkook had gotten sick. No one really knew how he’d gotten sick, he had just woken up one day feeling feverish. Jimin had been the first to notice how sluggish he was being and upon checking his temperature had demanded that the younger stay home and rest. Jungkook had been reluctant to listen at first but eventually gave in when Jimin promised to cuddle him the whole time he was sick. 

 

It was mid-afternoon and Jimin was currently feeding Jungkook the chicken broth Jin had brought for the youngest. Jimin had learned really quickly that Jungkook was very clingy and attention seeking when he was sick. He whined whenever Jimin would move away from him even slightly. While that might annoy some it didn’t annoy Jimin, he found it rather cute. Jungkook was always affectionate with him but being sick made him almost 10x more affectionate. It was a good thing that Jungkook wasn’t contagious or Jimin was sure to have gotten sick as well from how close he constantly was too the younger. 

 

“No more,” Jungkook whined at Jimin when the elder tried to feed him another spoonful of soup.

 

“You’re almost done Kookie, just a few more?” Jimin requested.

 

Jungkook pouted and shook his head instead holding his arms out as an indication he wanted to cuddle with Jimin yet again. Jimin chuckled at that and said, “Finish this soup and I’ll cuddle you again.” 

 

“But you already promised me you’d cuddle me!” Jungkook protested pouting even more.

 

“And I did,” Jimin reasoned, smiling.

 

“You said you’d cuddle me the whole time I was sick,” Jungkook said folding his arms over his chest like a child throwing a tantrum.

 

“Then how about kisses? Is that a better bribe?” Jimin asked trying to tempt the other into finishing the food. Jungkook glanced at the contents in the bowl then at Jimin as if internally debating if kisses were worth finishing his food. After a minute, the younger opened his mouth. Smiling triumphantly Jimin was able to feed Jungkook the few spoonfuls that were left. 

 

After the food was finished, Jimin climbed back into bed beside Jungkook. The taller quickly wrapped his arms around Jimin pulling him closer and nuzzling into his neck. 

 

“Kisses,” Jungkook demanded pulling away slightly so he could look up at Jimin. Jimin leaned down and kissed his forehead.

 

“There you go,” Jimin said smiling teasingly. Jungkook glared at him, but since he was sick it didn’t look threatening at all. Jungkook looked more like a sad puppy rather than anything else. 

 

“Minnniiieee,” Jungkook whined at him making Jimin laugh before he leaned down again and began peppering the younger’s face with kisses. 

 

“Better?” Jimin asked once he was done.

 

“Hmm much,” Jungkook said contentedly as he pulled Jimin closer and planted a small kiss on his neck.

 

“Go to sleep Kookie, you need to rest,” Jimin said as he carded his hand through the younger’s hair.

 

Jungkook hummed and closed his eyes. Jimin continued to massage the younger’s scalp which eased Jungkook into a deep sleep. His hold on Jimin loosened a little and when it did, Jimin took the chance to pull away a little and grab the thermometer. He placed a new plastic cover over it from the box he’d brought into the room and then gently lifted Jungkook’s arm and placed it in his armpit. He waited for it to beep and then removed it to check the temperature.

 

“101.6, it’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter