006

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  006  

Kang Raena

We made our way into the ice-cream parlor Donghyuk and Yun Hyeong raced against each other to the usual spot where we usually sat at the parlor. One word; childish. I rolled my eyes at their antiques as there was a smile playing at the lips of Saemin as she laughed at their loser . Suddenly, a slender arm found its ways around my waist comfortably. I turned to see Eun Hee as she stuck herself between Saemin and me, wrapping her other arm around Saemin neatly.

“I missed you guys.”

“If you missed us so much, why bother going to the States for 3 months?”

“That’s why she came back at her third month when she was supposed to return 8 months later for the graduation ceremony.”

Saemin answered me teasingly as Eun Hee butted in after Saemin finished her sentence.

“I was forced to go to the States, you guys knew it!”

Saemin and I teasingly glanced at each other as Eun Hee guided us to our place back in the parlor. We took our seats down at the round table as the guys were already glancing around the menu, when they had always ordered the same order.

“Why was Woo Bin Oppa excused from the States though? I thought your entire family decided to just vanish there.”

Eun Hee just gave me an obvious stare as though it was the most specific answer in the world and I of all people should know the answer to the question that was lingering.

“He always uses his work as an excuse. He can’t exactly just disappear from the industry in Korea, you know? He always says the same damn thing that I can’t even argue anymore since my parents always sides with him because of his job and how successful he is, bringing the family pride.”

Han Bin interjected our conversation, trying to lessen the tension as Eun Hee was on the verge of spitting fire on how unfair her parents were. Just because she didn’t get to be an official medical crew, she wasn’t enough.

“But you still love him.”

Eun Hee looked away from Han Bin and down at the black menu that held everything although she already knew what her order was despite leaving the country for just three months. After a few minutes of chattering around, Eun Hee lightened up and informed us all;

“Everything’s on me today!”

Jin Hwan gave an honest snicker and glanced up as he raised his eyebrows and stated as though everyone knew that;

“Even if you didn’t inform us, we’ll still charge the bill to your card.”

Eun Hee shot him a look as he just sheepishly shrugged innocently. The waitress was called over as she came over, as bubbly as a waitress could go.

“Welcome to the Ice Parlor! How may I take your order?”

She was obviously more than glad to be able to take our orders. Since the first reason would be that; we were a huge group, the commission earned would be large. I’m pretty sure she’d hit her quota immediately because of us. Especially since the boys had expensive taste buds that benefits the waitress but it definitely doesn’t benefit Eun Hee’s pocket.

“One Vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate sprinkles, juseyo!”

“One Banana float”

“One chocolate, strawberry and vanilla mix with caramel topping”

“Three strawberry combinations”

“One coffee scoop with wafer and peppermint”

“Two red bean on the boat, juseyo”

“One blueberry with vanilla and rainbow sprinkles, juseyo”

As she hurried off with the large order in her record books, I stood up and excused myself for the washroom. When I exited the washroom, I dried my hands on the paper towel. Being the klutz I am, I simply walked as if I owned the road and that got me in trouble. As I turned the corner, I knocked into a way taller form. I took a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter