051

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
051

Lee Saemin

Raena had never came back to visit Jiwon. After we had left to give Jiwon’s doctor time to check on his condition, we returned to see the bouquet of flowers gone, and Jiwon’s hands under the blanket. We had pretty much guessed the Raena had her time with Jiwon earlier on.

But after that day, she had never came back, in the mornings, the boys would linger around, the company had heard about the situation, and allowed time for Jiwon to recover before they decide on anything else. However, whenever I did my rounds at night, I would occasionally walk past Jiwon’s room and I’d see Raena in there, as secretly as possible. That was the most I had saw of her. She would be holding onto his hands and caressing his hair, hoping he’d wake up.

2 days after Jiwon had been admitted into the hospital, I had heard of another bad news from Doctor Go Yi Jung. He had been worried, hence he told me about it. Raena’s old patient, the patient that she had first gotten on the first day of work, the patient that she had grown close with, that 8 year old girl, Im Jung Eun, she didn’t make it. I heard from the nurses that the first person Doctor Go contacted was Raena followed by Jung Eun’s brother. Hearing that Jung Eun’s brother bawled was normal, but I heard that Raena hugged Yi Jung and cried her eyes out, claiming that the little girl had promised she’d live past everything for Raena and her own brother.

This was the worst birthday week for Raena. It made her cope up herself with work, and home. Jung Eun was her first patient, doctors all had some sort of sentimental value with their patients. The only thing that calmed my heart was Jung Eun, that beautiful 8 year old angel had passed away peacefully.

Eun Hee hardly made her appearance around Jiwon, when she did, she’d avoid all eye contact with us and when I had questioned about her change in behavior; she had said that she’d tell us all, today. We all met in Jiwon’s ward, it was the only place we could have our privacy, even Raena had appeared. Her dark eye circles rimmed her eyes as her hair was messed up. The iKON boys had come but Infinite couldn’t leave practice. The person that Eun Hee dragged in was somebody that I had realized, I haven’t seen this entire time. She had a hysteria look in her eyes, and she wasn’t like the person that I knew.

“Jina?” I called out gently.

Eun Hee pushed her roughly forward and hissed,” Are you going to tell them or am I going to do the job for you?”

We were confused as to why Eun Hee was treating Jina so roughly. But before we could question her about it, Eun Hee started the ball rolling,” On the day of Raena’s birthday, I went back to the patient’s room to place the diagnosis chart and I saw little Miss Lim Jina, here, throwing a pot off the window. Doesn’t that sum up everything?” She whispered the last part lowly, especially to Jina.

“W-What, why did you do it? I thought we treated you like one of us.” Han Bin was shock, fury filled his eyes as he controlled his anger.

“Maybe this would make more sense.” Eun Hee ripped the little paper off from Jina and threw it on the ground, as Jina stared at it blankly.

In the photo was a little girl and young Jiwon. It took me awhile to realize why it looked so familiar, it took the boys a little push to get them knowing.

“Isn’t that girl in the photo Lim Gin Ah?” I whispered out and I gasped.

“Lim Jina, Lim Gin Ah.” I whispered to myself.

“I thought you were dead?” Dong Hyuk questioned,” No, at least I thought Lim Gin Ah, was dead.”

Jina scowled towards us,” Kim Jiwon had called me ugly when somebody asked to pick, he said I was ing ugly, it was a day after I had confessed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter