033

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
033

Kang Raena  

When I went to university the next day, there were chatters about the blast Eun Hee’s party was. And I felt guilt sit on the pit of my stomach at the words Jin Hwan had said truthfully. Although it was the truth, but how could he say it out loud when he knew we clearly cared for Eun Hee?

“Hey babe. How was the party, I heard tons about it but I couldn’t go, Sunggyu Hyung made me stay home all day to recuperate.” Woo Hyun set his arms around my shoulders.

And I got reminded of what happened to him and what happened to Go Min Hee, with one fling, I pushed his hands away and off my shoulders, leaving Nam Woo Hyun confused. When I was on the way to leaving the university, a figure caught up quickly. I was about to turn around and yell for Woo Hyun to leave me alone but all I saw was Kim Myung Soo.

“H-hey.” He called out and my face softened.

“What’s up?”

“Do you want to grab some coffee somewhere?” He fiddled with his hands.

And that was how we ended up in the café where we were the other time, in a quiet corner with two iced lemon teas in front of us. Myung Soo seemed to want to do some talking, so I left him to it.

“Remember how I said that I did the same running situation once when I was younger?” I nodded as he continued, telling me the story.

“When I was younger, I was the child that tuned out during lessons, ignored everybody, I just got on with my life, myself. And then one day, I saw this girl being followed through the alleys, I remember her, oddly enough, maybe it’s the fact that she was wearing our school’s uniform. The man held onto a knife and his eyes were as though it came straight from a horror film. I can’t possibly let the girl die, with me knowing that something was going to happen. I grabbed her and ran, just like how I did to you. She had the same exact expression as you and she said the same thing you did,’ I don’t know you!’ Well, after that day, we became friends, oddly enough, situations like that seem to pull you together. I lost my coldness when I was with her. And only her. We didn’t let anybody know about our friendship so it was under wraps. But one day, my parents presented me with a packed luggage and informed me that we were leaving Korea in an hour time. They had asked around and knew that I couldn’t fit in here and found nobody to click with, or so they thought. And 10 minutes before the flight, I called that girl and told her I was leaving Korea. I could remember the stun silence she left me.”

He whispered,” I knew the moment I stepped on that flight, I had lost the friendship that we had forged together but I had no choice.”

A tear dripped from his eyes as he looked up at me.

“W-Why are you crying? It was young love, young love don’t last, and you can find somebody else better.”

“N-no, it wasn’t, I came back to Korea, hoping that she was waiting for me and hoping to continue receive her love after what I had pulled on her, selfish, I know. I found her but she doesn’t wait for me or love me anymore, I can feel it deep inside.”

I gulped,” S-she didn’t wait?”

“She didn’t, she doesn’t remember that boy from when they were in middle school anymore. It felt as though she had completely washed him off her memory.”

“If you’re hurting so much, then ask an answer and give yourself an ending. Don’t leave yourself hanging.” I firmly told him.

His eyes that were b with tears, locked with mine as he whispered,” Why didn’t you wait for me, Kang Raena?”

That was when my world stopped. My head started spinning as it pieced the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter