037

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
037

Kang Raena

Today was an official two weeks in work, successfully. It went pretty smoothly, I have to say. And I definitely got closer to the little patient. I went into work and changed into my doctor’s outfit and headed to my table in the staff area. There was a flower bouquet sitting there, and the flowers in the bouquet were Pink Carnations and White Lilies. In the bouquet, sat a card.

Welcome to work, I almost forgot, I’m sorry for the late congratulations.

Do you miss me? Have you forgotten about me and my messages?

And then I remembered, the unknown. He even knows my work place now? I stumbled back slightly and looked at the flowers, Pink Carnations and White Lilies. Pink Carnations and White Lilies were usually used for the dead or it tend to be used in funerals. I knew that well, I had always sent these flowers in bouquets to Min Hee’s grave.

My throat turned dry as I looked around the staff room.

“D-Did you see who placed these here?” I asked the people in the room.

One man chuckled,” A secret admirer, I guess, it was here before any of us were here.”

I grabbed the bouquet and the card before finding the nearest dust bin and dumping both of them in. Was the person sending a message that he wanted me dead?

I went back to the room, everybody was staring but I didn’t bother. I grabbed the folders on my table and went towards Jung Eun’s room to check on her status. Everybody was staring me, my face was pale, I could guess so myself. I breathed in and out before going in, poker face.

I went in to check on Jung Eun’s condition for today, only to hear her asking me to smile more. I just briefly nodded as she talked about how her brother was going to visit her today, that made my heart swell for her. I inserted the medication into the IV drip so that it’d go directly into her bloodstream and take effect faster.

When I left the ward, I was caught on the arm by the male Doctor.

“Doctor Go, is anything wrong?”

He worriedly looked over at me,” Are you okay, Doctor Kang? You look rather pale, do you want to ask for a rest day?”

“I’m fine, it might be due to lack of sleep.” He nodded and gently let my arms go.

I couldn’t get the thought of those flowers that had meanings of death away from my head. After checking on a few more patients, I went back to my table, I had another item on it. It scared me to my wits, until I saw the yellow post it on stuck on the wrappings of the sandwich.

Have something to eat, we don’t need a fainting doctor.

-Doctor Go

And I felt relief, and it felt nice to have somebody having my back now. I unwrapped the sandwich and bite into the heavenly goodness. Although, I have to admit, Doctor Go is a really nice man. I took a look at the phone that was sitting at the corner of my desk. I swiped it open and saw the stagnant group chat.

Saemin: Anybody wants some ramen? I just ended work.

Dong Hyuk: Noona, sorry, we can’t make it.

That was all it needed? Two weeks was all it needed for all the nightmare to happen? Saemin didn’t reply Dong Hyuk after, but I could tell that she was hurt by it. Call us selfish but you did make a promise that you’d be here whenever we wanted you to.

The message after had a one week d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter