050

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
050

Lee Saemin

We stood in Jiwon’s hospital room, the senior doctor of Critical Care had told that it’d take about a week before he wakes up as it had caused a blow on his head.

“Doctor Min, where could I find Doctor Go now?” Raena asked out of the blue, glancing over at the unconscious figure of Jiwon.

“Doctor Go? He was in a meeting with me before I had went in for operation. He said that he would be on duty now.” The doctor told Raena.

“Doctor Go was with you, before this entire thing happened? For how long?” Raena choked out.

“We met at 12 and we had planned to end it at around 1.30 but the incident came in, so I left him hanging.” The doctor recounted before patting Raena on the shoulder and walked off. Raena excused herself and ran off towards the direction of Critical Care, with blood still all over her.

“Who did this?” Dong Woo choked out.

They were all staring at the boy that was relying on machines as his life was on the line.

“Somebody sick.” Sunggyu muttered, eyes hardened.

“Where’s Eun Hee?” Dong Hyuk called out.

“I’ve been calling her but she isn’t picking up at all.” I replied, staring at the lifeless body.

“What about Raena, she is obviously frightened and traumatized.” Han Bin whispered softly as he held onto Jiwon’s hands. Yet, he was worried about his best friend that just ran out. And we knew exactly why, we all knew that Raena was close to Jiwon, a bit too close to be called as a friendship but we left them alone hoping that they’d realize it themselves.

We didn’t want to pressure Raena, especially since she was still sitting on the edge of sliding down towards depression and closing off again. Han Bin was worried about her as he didn’t want her to fall off the edge again.

-

Kang Raena

When I had went towards the Critical Care unit, my eyes were still blurry, I couldn’t get over the fact that Jiwon was hospitalized, unconscious. There Yi Jung stood as he marked off a patient’s chart before slipping it back on its hook.

His eyes caught mine as he stared at me getting closer to him. He walked towards me, unafraid that I was going to slap him or hurt him. He took a look at my hands and did the same thing he did, a few months back. He took my hands into his and took his white coat, and wiped the blood off, dirtying his own coat, leaving only the dried blood stains. All I could do was stand there, staring at him as my tears fell. He wiped them off gently and smoothed his hand through my hair.

“I-I’m sorry.” My voice cracked.

He pulled me into his hug as he rubbed my back.

“I’m sorry that I had misunderstood you, and I didn’t listen to your explanations.” I whispered.

“Hey, it is okay, I understand, when you first found out, you must’ve thought the worst and whoever was harassing you, the possible candidate was me, but I promise you, I’ve never blamed you. Min Hee would never want me to blame you.”

He gulped and cautiously murmured,” I heard about what happened with Jiwon-sii, are you fine?”

“I-It was for me, that flower pot but he had to come and take the blow, now he’s in the critical care, unconscious.” I was afraid, I feared so much. I had always thought that I was fearless, now I could only laugh at that thought.

“He’s a brave kid, he’d got through it. Don’t let it guilt trip you, it wasn’t your fault, it was the attacker’s fault.”

I pulled away from him when his beeper rang, signaling that a patient was needing him, he gave me on last encouraging look before rushing off towards the patient that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter