020

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
020

Kang Raena

I was stopped from leaving my locker by Sungyeol. He uncertainly approached me and gave me a smile, as I was going to leave, he lightly grabbed onto my arm before letting go, realizing what he had done, he started apologizing about his rudeness.

“I-I just want to say thanks for helping Dong Woo Hyung, I didn’t get a chance to thank you.”

I gave him a wave to assure him that I got his message and headed towards the Sports Hall where the volleyball practice was held. Today’s volleyball practice, we were going to be meeting another university’s volley ball. I changed into my sports attire and entered the area to see the other school was already there. Our team was stretching and jogging a few rounds around the sports hall to warm up as the other team was practicing on their own.

Eun Hee was back as captain, finally after her states. I went towards her as she was giving out the courts that we would be playing at. She made us choose the folded papers and the papers are the ones that would decide where we went. Yes Eun Hee is such a leader, she would do anything to make sure it was fair. I scowled at her before grabbing a piece of paper, opening it up, and the number was 3, well, I guess I’m in court 3. Eun Hee shooed us to our respective courts, Eun Hee was in Court 5 and Saemin was in Court 1. I went to Court 3 to see in our team, I have the new girl who continuously bumps into me, I’ll just play professional today with her, heck I don’t even know she had passed the volleyball screening, and two male, Jun and Young Jin.

I went to Jun and asked,” Who are we going against?”

He nodded towards the opposite side of the net as the opponents started filing into their respective courts.

“Elite Sports University.”

Young Jin perked in,” Thankfully we are just ‘exchanging skills’, or not.”

His voice trailed off as he looked towards the other side of the court where 4 of the Elite Sports University players stood. I followed his glance and saw what he meant. Standing there in her sports attire was one of our ex team players, Park Yul Mi. Her face held seriousness.

Elite Sports University handpicks all their sports player, their sports player have to be of top quality and I can’t deny Park Yul Mi did do extremely well in volleyball which caused them to scout her into the university that all sports players dream of. On the side note, Park Yul Mi left Shinhwa University on a bad note with me. She was Han Bin’s ex-girlfriend, yes you heard right. He broke up with her claiming that he couldn’t handle having a girlfriend who wanted him to stop contacting me completely. Till now, she left the university thinking that he liked me hence he broke up with her. However, after they broke up, Kim Han Bin started dating her best friend, perhaps now, ex best friend.

“Hey new girl, what’s your name?”

Jun asked from the starter’s position.

“Lim Jina-imnida!”

With that, all 8 players from both team went up to the net and gave a brief handshake to show sportsmanship. When Yul Mi and I touched hands, she looked at me and just moved on. I guess the cold treatment works too. I’ve heard rumors that Elite Sports University coaches are extremely strict, they’d have trainings till their hands blister and bleed if they aren’t performing up to standard.

We went to our positions and prepared to start the game. The whistle went off loudly from the corner of the sports hall. Our team served the ball strongly as Jun caught Young Jin’s ball and supported it over the net. The other team’s boys attempted to spike the ball but Jina caught the spike and hit it up as I attacked however it led to an attack error*.The other team caught the ball and their attack line spiked it down hard as it gained them one point easily. We started the game again as it went on continuously, I have to agree Yul Mi’s arm strength and footwork have improved tremendously. The game went on for quite long after our team got a point to tie with Elite Sports University.

Just as I approached* and jumped up, ready to do a spike, I was thrown to my sides midair by a strong strength that came from the sides. I could hear the loud thud myself as I landed on the wooden tiled floor. The volleyball which I was going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter