049

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
049

Kang Raena

I took the next two days in work to do my best to avoid Yi Jung. I couldn’t see his face and not remember those riddles or Min Hee’s death. He seemed to have gotten my hint, and he had avoided walking the same path as me as well. He had shifted his schedule so that I wouldn’t be in the meetings about patients with him.

I was turning 19 today, but it didn’t feel any happier or any more excitement. Everything died down from 2 days ago when everything was revealed. During lunch was when everything busted up.

From: Jiwon

Come out to the front.

Sent on: 12.34pm

I had something to smile about for a while. Jiwon hadn’t had any contact with me for a while, and I thought it’d be a 19th without anyone spending it with me. I’m glad that he had remembered. I grabbed my sandwich and hopped down the stairs as the white coat flew as I ran down hurriedly.

There he was, a bouquet of roses accompanied by baby’s breath in his hands, balloons were being tied to the side mirrors or the red car that was parked behind him. He grinned at me as he stood there, black cap, white mask but I could still tell that he was smiling. He was gaining attention but he didn’t care. It was a work day, there wasn’t many people, students were studying, and adults were rushing off to work to beat the lunch crowd.

As my phone vibrated, I took it out to check, right before I had reached him.

From: Unknown

Showtime.

Sent on: 12.39pm

From: Unknown

Showtime.

Sent on: 12.39pm

Both numbers of unknown had sent the same message. It includes the unknown that had given me Yi Jung’s information. Yi Jung, haven’t I told you to leave me alone?

But before I could comprehend, I looked up to see the bouquet of roses and baby’s breath on the floor, the figure that was holding it was running towards me as quickly as possible, the roses was laying right beside the car on the road.

And then, I was thrown to the ground, Jiwon above me.

“What’s happening?” I asked, confused.

“Are you alright?” He whispered, his eyes staring at me.

“Yeah, why the sudden question?” I was confused as hell.

“That’s good.” His eyes rolled to the back, shutting his eyes and he had closed off. 

“Jiwon? Jiwon!” I called out, I removed my hands from his back and I saw red liquid.

Blood, why was there blood?

“Kim Jiwon!” I shook him to have no response.

Pulling myself up, I sat up and saw the broken pot beside us as Jiwon laid on the ground, his head was oozing blood out. I felt at a lost, and then I was shook into reality, I was a doctor; what was I thinking?

I sat up, and tried to compose myself. I had checked his pulse, it was weak but yet, it was still going, and his breathing was slowing down. A nurse came out and brought a gurney, apparently somebody had already informed the nurses, after all, we were directly outside the hospital.

They had brought him in as they were trying to stop his bleeding. A senior doctor placed herself on the gurney, above Jiwon as she pumped Jiwon’s chest, to continue his weak pulse and alm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter