021

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
021

 

Kang Raena

I have always watched how patients woke up in the Korean dramas, what I never knew was how it turned out to be true. I was awaken by the beeping noise by the machines around me. Opening my eyes, I saw Jiwon and Han Bin chatting by the sofa as Park Yul Mi was pacing around in her training outfit.

“Hello?” I called out weakly. Jiwon and Han Bin immediately came to my side as Yul Mi stood at the end of my bed and gave me a small smile.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am. Why are you here?”

“I was just worried.”

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief as she huffed and lifted her hands up to let me see the engagement ring. She told me about the wait for her future husband as she remained in Korea to finish up her studies.

“I’m invited to your wedding, right?”

She chuckled,” Yeah, you better give me a cheque, it’d be better if you could sponsor my wedding too.”

I gave her a playful scowl,” Why is a sick patient hearing all this the moment she wakes up?”

She took a look at her phone as she uttered apologetically,” I have to return for my team meeting, at least I know that you’re fine now.” I gave her a look to go ahead as she left, running out of the medical center.

Han Bin was first to chide me,” Be more careful, goodness sake.” I gave him a meek smile as he took a look at Jiwon, rubbed the back of his neck and excused himself from the room.

“Hi.” Jiwon said softly.

“Hi back.”

“I was worried when I heard you were injured.” His eyes darted away from mine.

“Aigoo, were you?”

He fiddled with his fingers as he murmured,” Don’t get hurt again, it’s painful to see you hooked up to machines and IV drips.”

A small smile crept up my face as I nodded to acknowledge what he said.

“Do you need me to send you home?” It was just back to how we were before, the awkwardness started fading away.

“It’s alright, you can return back to the basketball practice, I’m sure Han Bin would drill you if you don’t.”

“He understands.”

“It’s fine, really.” I continuously pushed him to go back to practice. He finally agreed and told me firmly,” Text me when you’re home.”

He left reluctantly as I sighed and laid back down onto the bed. Min Ho appeared at the foot of my bed as he joked,” You really wanted to skip practice, didn’t you?”

I attempted to laugh at his joke to feel my sides hurting, his face contorted into a look of worry.

“Your side is still in a gauze.”

“I wanted to skip practice to see your handsome face, Min Ho-sii.”

“Next time you want to see my handsome face, do just stop by and don’t end up coming here unconscious. I would appreciate that."

“Oppa, I want to be discharged now.”

He knew he couldn’t argue past me, hence he didn’t even try. He removed the IV drip and undo all the machines that were hooked onto me.

“If you need anything, come to me, call me if you need to, you have my number. Don’t do anything you count as fun, bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter