035

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
035   

Lee Saemin

Today was the day. The day we got our internship venues. It would be posted on the website, hence, all 11 of us were gathered in the house, including Jina. I drove to the house and parked my car in the garage and went into the house. Chan Woo was chasing Jun Hoe around the house, Han Bin, Jiwon and Jin Hwan were crowding over the television, Yun Hyeong and Dong Hyuk were in the kitchen searching for snacks like usual as the television-watchers were screaming at them to bring the popcorn.

“Kim Dong Hyuk, bring the popcorn, does it take like 10 years to bring it?”

“Hyung, it’s in the microwave, wait a little longer.”

“Don’t be impatient, unless you want to eat the kernels themselves!” Yun Hyeong’s voice came after Dong Hyuk.

Jina and Eun Hee were playing a game of Go-Stop and failing miserably at it as Raena was seated in the corner of the room, reading her book while sipping on a cup of coffee. Occasionally, she would glance up at the scene and laugh, sometimes tripping over Jun Hoe so Chan Woo could run further.

I’m going to miss all of these when we start working. Deep down, I know that we couldn’t be like this again after we enter our internship. We all know this, but nobody wants to talk about it honestly. They aren’t going to have time to crash our houses for movie night again, they wouldn’t be able to go back at 4am in the morning. We wouldn’t all be together again after a long time. Because that’s what happens, we claim that we’d prioritize each other, it is utter bull because we all know that our internships are more important and one way or another we would neglect each other.

I went in and joined Raena in the corner as she gave me a small smile. And the time came, the time came for the results to be announced. They usually allocate us according to our project work group, hence the boys would be allocated together, Eun Hee, Raena and I would be allocated together as well. Jina? I just pray that’d she’d be somewhere close to us.

Checking the website of the university allocation page, the boys were allocated to YG Entertainment, one of the big 3s, there were rumors that many students from our university tend to stay as permanent trainees after their internship there. As for the medical students? We were allocated to Seoul National University Hospital. It is the biggest hospital and the main branch in Korea. It was like the headquarters of hospitals. Jina got allocated to the lab in Seoul National University hospital as well. This meant that one way or another, we had each other.

We were all seated on the sofa, squished together now as they passed around popcorn. An advertisement of the newest car model was on the television. Raena, who was seated beside Jiwon, loudly exclaimed,” Jiwon, you know my birthday is coming up, right?”

Jiwon swallowed the lump in his throat, nervously,” Uh… yeah?”

“Can you get me that car? It’s my style.”

I piped in,” I want the latest Audi as well, Jiwon, the functions are extremely made for me.”

“Get me the newest convertible.” Eun Hee added from the kitchen as she appeared with a cup of coca cola. She sat beside Jina and nudged her to tell Jiwon what she wanted, all she could see was a smile from Jina’s face.

“I love how all these girls are just using the word ‘get’ and not ‘buy’.” Jin Hwan laughed and said out.

“You know how with a snap of his finger, Jiwon could get the cars easily.” Yun Hyeong added in.

After that bicker, we put on the movie, a walk to remember, and boy, it made our emotions ride a rollercoaster. Even the boys were sniffling as Han Bin hugged his mickey soft toy and looked away. I’m really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter