009

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  009

Kang Raena

When the boys ended practice, they were heading towards the basketball court where their sports activity would be taking place. Realizing that one of my folders for my report was missing, I had most probably left it in the lecture hall again. Telling the girls to go ahead with the boys, I headed down the lane of the common hallway and went into my building. I entered the lecture hall, praying that it would be there and other lecture students had not taken the notes. The lecture hall lights were fully as the air conditioner was still at full blast in the empty room. I went to the seat that I was earlier and grabbed the black file from underneath the table where there was extra storage space. Looking through it and making sure that everything was in the file, I made my way out of the lecture hall. If I didn’t complete this proposal, I’m would not get a placement during internship period.

I walked through the hallways as it was empty. Almost empty. Our university only has that many intake of students as it only accepts the best. This way, they could also accommodate the students’ timings to match so lecture wouldn’t end as late as other universities with larger intakes would have. I went by the common hallways and I was stopped by certain noises. It was coming down from the dimmer end of the hallway where the toilet was located at the deeper end of the common corridor. Who could be here now? Slowing down my pace, the noises got louder as my footsteps got softer. The hair on my arms stood slightly at the tension.

Going deeper into the hallway, away from the common hallway, into the where the toilets are located, I got a gist of what was happening almost instantly. Multiple figures were hovering over one that was cowering. Even if that one could fight well, he was outnumbered. He wasn’t any Top Notch. Even if he fights back, all hell would break loose. 12 against 1? Unbelievable.

“New kid, you better know your place once you’re in our place.”

Another voice chimed in dangerously;

“Bumping into us and saying sorry doesn’t help you. Does your eyes grow on the back of your head?”

An extra cautious voice came up;

“I already apologized”

A round of snickers went by the cold tension.

“Fine, we’d beat you up and then apologize. I’m sure you’re fine with that as well.”

“Wonderful, if only you guys could be as smart in class. Your lecturers would really appreciate that.”

I voiced up as I casually walked into the scene and brush past the 12 bodies that were huddled, making my way in front of the lone figure that was cowering in fear. I narrowed my eyes at the leader that was in front of me. I grabbed the kid behind me by his arms and pulled him on his feet as I gave the 12 of them an overlook as they clenched their jaws. I gave them a snigger before easily telling them as though we were best friends;

“Give the poor boy a break on his first day.”

Chan Yeol scowled at my words as he directed hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter