048

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
048

Kang Raena

2 days before my birthday. 2 days before I had officially turn 19. Yes I had been living as the same age as the younger boys all these time.

I was flipping through the different documents which were in my drawer when I had found the envelope that the second unknown had left me. It was left in the drawer for about 1 and a half months now, I had been too busy that I forgotten about it. I took it out of the drawer, fingers hovered around the edge. Was I ready for this?

I ripped it open, recklessly and pulled out the set of papers that were paper clipped together, there had about 6 pages clipped together. The first page was a blank page with black ink printed on the middle.

Go Yi Jung.

No, how could the unknown dig out things about my best friend? I was afraid that if I had opened the document up, the information might change everything. I had the thought of putting the set of papers into the paper shredder but it was wrong and I knew that.

With a shaken breath, I flipped to the next page. It was the particulars of Yi Jung, those were the things that I had known from the beginning, and it wasn’t anything new. Until I had saw the end of the page.

Family Members: Go Hyun Bin – father

                                 Lee Hyo Min – mother

                                 Go Min Hee – sister (decease)

Go Min Hee. Her name haunted me. Yi Jung’s sister is Min Hee? Why had he never told me? Was he the unknown that had been haunting me all these while? But then who is the second unknown that sent me these folders then?

Go Min Hee, my high school best friend, the best friend that died right before me. No, I don’t believe this, how small could Seoul be? Seoul has 24 million people, and out of the 24 million, I had to be best friends with my decease best friend’s brother? I had to work alongside with him and he pretended as though he knew nothing?

I couldn’t believe this. My head was hurting, my mind was spinning, and the bile in my throat was coming up. My ears were tuning out, not believing the informing in front of me. I flipped through the next few pages rashly. It was followed with Min Hee’s profile, and in the section of family members, Go Yi Jung was stated right there, under the name of her brother.

No.

Please, no.

The last few pages were photos and photos of Yi Jung and Min Hee when they were younger, their family photos together, how close they were. On the last page, was a photo taken a few days before Min Hee’s death, on Yi Jung’s graduation day in medical school. She had been boasting all about it to me and there the two of them were. He was hugging her from his side and holding onto the bouquet of flowers as both of them grinned happily at the camera, he had his certificate shown proudly in her hands.

No.

The ends of the paper were crushed in my hands. How could everything come crashing down on me now?

I ran out of the staff room, determined to find Yi Jung with the information in my hands. There he was, with a female nurse, joking. When he saw me, his eyes turned into slits as he waved at me, walking towards me, not noticing my mood. When he finally did, his eyes were filled with concern, he placed his hands on my shoulder, asking if I was okay. Normally, I would have laughed it off but not today, no I couldn’t today. I shrugged it off roughly as he stumbled back, his black leather wallet fell from the pockets of his coat, opened widely.

Taking one look at it, everything was true. All these weren’t fabricated. Right where the wallet was opened up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter